• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs USA

B

BokMagic

The first fixture in group A, and the first chance for England to lay down a marker in their RWC defense. Also an oppurtunity for the USA to show us how much they`ve improved since getting 50 put past them by the Canadians last year.

From what I gather, Wilko`s nursing a little ****le, and will not be risked for this game.

Team sheets and predictions please.

England

M Cueto (Sale); J Lewsey (Wasps), J Noon (Newcastle), M Catt (London Irish), J Robinson (unattached); O Barkley (Bath), S Perry (Bristol); A Sheridan (Sale), M Regan (Bristol) P Vickery (Wasps, capt), S Shaw (Wasps), B Kay (Leicester), J Worsley (Wasps), T Rees (Wasps), L Dallaglio (Wasps).

Replacements

G Chuter (Leicester), M Stevens (Bath), M Corry (Leicester), L Moody (Leicester), P Richards (London Irish), A Farrell (Saracens), M Tait (Newcastle).

Cannot find the USA team sheet I'm afraid.

England 48 USA 6

Decent-looking tight 5 there for England. I like the look of the midfield too, a playmaker at 12 and a finisher at 13. But why 2 fullbacks on the wings and a winger at fullback?

Good also to see Rees get a go in the back row. I assume either Nick Easter is being rested/saved for the big games, or else a bout of insanity has hit the selection panel. Which one is it?

usa by 10

hahahahahah
seeing the frogs and the poms beaten in the 1st round would make me a happy man for a long long time

I have no idea how Farrell makes it in the squad. He is so shite for England, as is Mark Cueto at full-back.

COME ON USA STUFF THE SH*T OUT OF THEM.

I think England need a big win for confidence here. I wont be happy unless we win by 10 points or more. We need a good result for going into the South Africa match.

I would rather Chuter played Hooker than Regan and I'm curious to see how Olly Barkley performs. But all in all, should be a comfortable match.

Oh dear, that was cynical. Vickery should have gone to the bin for that.

England looking very disorganized.

Oh dear, that was cynical. Vickery should have gone to the bin for that.

England looking very disorganized.
[/b]

The commentator made a valid point.. McCaw has set the benchmark for the top teams by putting two tries on the Italians in six minutes. And the Italians have got some good victories as of late.

England are having trouble against the US, and just look in poor form.

21-3 halftime to England

things are starting to open up for the English - two quality tries towards the end

USA defended really well for the first 30 minutes or so

phil vickery what a dirty f***ing c***, i hope he cant play against south africa suits you cheaters right.

Odd half, but USA have come to defend. Lewsey, Rees and Barkley are looking good.

phil vickery what a dirty f***ing c***, i hope he cant play against south africa suits you cheaters right.
[/b]

You have no argument from me. (And not just because my wife's American.)

vickery knew exactly what he was doing

it was a sure try and would have had crucial momentum for the states.

vickery knew exactly what he was doing[/b]

I have seen far far worse, and in no way was that a sure try.

I would like to see Sackey on wing, Lewsey at fullback instead of Cueto.

youve seen worse that still doesnt make it right!
[/b]

I've seen worse, and they were not when flying the other way when you have no control over your legs (especially when you are carrying a bit of weight like Vicks :p )

Good play from England, first Sheridan flys upfeild and nearly puts in Simon Shaw, USA knock on.

Scrum leads to quick kick by Tom Rees, who looks to go over. TMO has to put down his cup of tea before giving the try.

England 28 USA 3

vickery knew exactly what he was doing

it was a sure try and would have had crucial momentum for the states.
[/b]

I have to agree with you, he may well miss a game for that. At least we have Stevens waiting in the wings, but the South Africa game is now looking very worrying.