• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs USA

Vickery was ****. Dallaglio was ****. Worsley was ****. Perry was ****. Noon was ****. Cueto was ****.

Everyone else bar Shaw, Barkley and Rees were just sub-standard.

Suprised people are heralding this as some sort of turning-point for US rugby though - they offered nothing in terms of flair, we were just utterly terrible.

And Kaplan is by far the worst referee we have seen so far. I spent half the match calling for infringements by English players that he missed.

I plan to write a match report when I'm not so utterly miserable about the whole performance. The tragedy is that I can't even afford to get drunk.

I thought Catt was uber ****, bad enough that he's in the squad but they put him at inside centre where he can mess everything up! Everytime he got the ball today he made a hash of it. It was a case of throwing a stupid miss pass, in a pass above someones head, a stupid kick or just plain old dropping the ball. Dayglo was equally un impressive, these experienced guys did nothing for the team. He just got dumped on his arse and sent off, i don't even know why he killed the ball, I know its the classic back row thing but the deffensive line was their and it wasn't like it was a close match (although the USA did very well). As for the rest it just made my blood boil. After spending my afternoon watching the presicion and effectivness of the Aus and NZ back lines, watching England made me feel physically ill. They drifted from one side of the park to the other and not causing any kind of over lap and running themselves into touch. I'm not even sure who's responsible, the backs for not using the ball or the fowards not getting it quick enough. Barkley was the only player that really stood out today and i look foward to seeing him at 12 with wilko and possibly offering some kind of soloution to our centre problem (god knows Farrel can't). I was bemused as to why Cueto, usualy a wing and Lewsey usualy full back were swapped round. I'm aware they play both positions but i belive to a different degree. I can't really find anything good to say, i suppose we are to be happy with our win but by the time Samoa come a knockin' I don't know if I have even that to look foward to.

4 more years lads?

It was wasnt deliberate, im sorry i said that, i just dont like barkley or England for that matter! If it had caused injury i would never of said that and would have been against USA on that decision but it didnt so...!

<div class='quotemain'>The spear tackle on Barkley just strengthened my like for USA[/b]

f***ing statements like that are sick... I know you said your glad there was no injury but what if there was, would you still like the USA for it...

There is NO PLACE in the sport for spear tackles especially one that was done deliberately...

I hope Emerick is Banned for a Year for it... as he jeapodised someones career and also their life...
[/b][/quote]

HAHA you should talk nice little kick by fat f*** vickery.

the trip wasn't life threatening though

it just prevented what might have been a try - which wasn't certain since there were others covering

the spear-tackle was one of the more dangerous ones i've seen - he landed straight down on his head - alot of times players land with the help of their shoulders, arms, etc - which is bad enough when you're being speared

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>The spear tackle on Barkley just strengthened my like for USA[/b]

f***ing statements like that are sick... I know you said your glad there was no injury but what if there was, would you still like the USA for it...

There is NO PLACE in the sport for spear tackles especially one that was done deliberately...

I hope Emerick is Banned for a Year for it... as he jeapodised someones career and also their life...
[/b][/quote]

HAHA you should talk nice little kick by fat f*** vickery.
[/b][/quote]

Don't be such a c***. There's a world of difference between a cynical trip (to which I may add, the Yank rolled around like a poffballer afterwards) and a deliberate attempt to break someones neck.

now now dont get me wrong i dont condone spear tackles being that ive had one happen to myself

BUT

i think its funny you guys of all people should cry foul play..

In that case, don't use stupid arguements to defend what was a deliberate attempt to end another mans career.

in my original post i was referring to foul play

and us americans man are we ********, we deliberately tried to end his career!

WE HATE OLLY BARKLEY GRRRR!!!!

EDIT: and by foul play i mean right vs wrong by laws of the text not how serious the offense was

because a trip isnt as serious as a spear tackle

Nowt wrong with hating Olly Barkley, he's shite. However, condoning another player deliberately attemptong to break his neck makes you as much of a shithouse as Paul Emerick.

In that case, don't go back editing previous posts to make yourself not look like a scumshite.

And by the way, since when have you supported the Eagles? Last time I checked, you thought you were Irish.

In that case, don't go back editing previous posts to make yourself not look like a scumshite.

And by the way, since when have you supported the Eagles? Last time I checked, you thought you were Irish. [/b]

First off ********, i edited it before you posted your stupid ****

Secondly, yea my grandparents are irish and welsh, is there something wrong with liking them? Above all i support the USA jackass, it's my home country, the country i love, but considering they dont play test matches its so wrong of me to like other teams?!?!

well done america!! played with real heart and love for there country, something that was more than lacking from the english side.. the english team appear weak, slow and uncreative!! barkley did make a few decent breaks, but against sides like the springboks hes not gunna find much space, rather a big clunking schalk burger smashing him for six.... dare i say it... but for the first time ever, the world champs may not get out of this pool.

I watched USA play in 2003 world cup and was impressed. They have got alot better since then. I would say they are in that little Grey area between the mini's and the hardcore nations. If they can arrange some more tests and get a little support back home i think they could do really well in the next cup.

England... my god, there is just no defending that form, If USA wasn't down a man for those 2 try's then the score would have been scary! It was meant to be just a warm up game for the pom's like Japan for Aus and Italy for the blacks... you guys better find your form soon, but then again, without wilko its not like you will make the finals anyway

Is that all you have, England?
give USA Rugby four more years I say, and we're definitely knocking on your door. I gotta start making my notes to train my boyos...the next generation England thumpers!
[/b]

Can honestly say id have to agree with that comment... But good game America :cheers:

the next generation (mine in particular) will bring us out of being minnows and into being a little below the big time nations still below but not to far off with the potential to pull an upset now an then

Good job USA. England was a big disgrace. I hope they don't qualify for the q-finals

England were shieet! lol but the US played above their weight and played awesomely i thought! they have a lot of brown guys in their team ay lol

I will say that Vickery's trip was disgraceful. It was cheating, and there is no debate. Emerick must feel pretty miffed about that, as the ref failed to spot it and that might have played a part in his attempted spear-tackle on Barkley. Also, utterly inexcuseable. It's the attempt that mattered, not whether he finished the job.

Either way, i would say that England lacked any kind of invention.. there was no spark in the backs what so ever.. only Robinson looked mildly dangerous, until Barkley took it on himself to win the game. I thought Perry's distribution was not bad, but England really needed some energy in the backs and it didn't come.

I am not a fan of Cueto, and thought really that Barkley was the one back worth mentioning as a standout, and that i probably because the rest were just so mundane and dull.

Rees was great for England, which is more than you can say for Dallaglio and Vickery.

In comparison, i thought that the USA overperformed. Considering they are a 'minnow' nation in rugby terms, and their squad is inexperienced, they did USA proud. USA can say that they played a whole game well.. ok it was terrible at times and appaling at others, but they came to defend and chomp away on any momentum England tried to get. They succeeded.

USA won the morale victory here.. they will feel bouyed by this after the other whippings of the day, but England will struggle desperately against SA for sure, and probably will not cope with Samoa.. who have nothing to lose and really want to make England pay.

England won the last World Cup, and they deserved it IMHO. Since the members of that team have retired, England are clearly in transition, and they should have dropped the deadweight and gave chances to guys like Cipriani and the like to get them experience for the next world Cup.

England to not qualify from the Pool stage is a good bet. It might give England a well needed boost in the fact that they know they can't get any worse.