• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

englands backs

Freddie Burns shits on Flood and Farrell from a great height.

Freddie is good (another missed oportunity by Bath!) but Farrell is pretty good. I didn't rate him until I saw him play in the flesh, he is pretty damn good and should be a useful option in the future.

Fly half shouldn't be the greatest problem. What with Youngs crocked again, Simpson not really at the standard ATM.... it leaves few options Care and Wigglesworth? :p

m0rris

Surprised there aren't more mentions of Ford, sure he's young but he's only 2 years younger than Farrell. Four years until the RWC anything can happen.

If Twelvetrees steps and plays like he can on a good day he could nail down the 12 shirt but as it is we're still facing the same centre problems we always do. Let's just hope Manu doesn't bugger off down to the Super XV

How do we know Simpson isn't at the standard?
Got about 3minutes in New Zealand, but looked good for Wasps last season

Twelvetrees will struggle for regular gametime with Tuilagi back, as he's behind Allen in the pecking order at Tigers, which begs the question: Where the f*** is Allen in the RFUs list of 12s?

Allen is ignored because he wasn't good for England back in 2006 not because he used to play for Gloucester

Allen... ignored.
Olly Morgan... ignored.
Luke Narraway... given a few caps, then ignored.
JSD... ignored even when fit.
Nick Wood... ignored.
Dave Attwood... he's behind Mouritz Botha apparently.

A pattern forms gentlemen, a pattern forms... ;)

Allen... ignored.
Olly Morgan... ignored.
Luke Narraway... given a few caps, then ignored.
JSD... ignored even when fit.
Nick Wood... ignored.
Dave Attwood... he's behind Mouritz Botha apparently.

A pattern forms gentlemen, a pattern forms... ;)

Simpson-Daniel breaks down every time his name is in the same sentence as England squad, and when he is fit it always seems to be at a time when England have settled wingers, but I agree he's always deserved a run in the side but has never got it

Morgan, Narraway, Wood aren't good enough for the side, neither is Attwood although he deserves to be ahead of Botha but it was his fault he went behind Mouritz Botha in the pecking order for getting banned for stamping on Petrisor Toderasc's head

Gloucester players seem to suffer on a luck/form/whim basis. But let us not forget that we have been punished with Tindall recently...

SinBad always had bad luck ruling him out (I would love to see him in the 2012 six nations if he can make it)
Some like Narraway are very good at club level and deserve caps but might/have not been able to stand out hence why they move on or settle on something equally as boring but better know to the management.
As for Dave Attwood, had he not thrashed his leg when a georgian was holding onto it the rest would be history, he deserved the time he got since such a serious injury could never be ignored. It meant he was unfit and out of form at the wrong moment. Result, missed 6 nations and RWC. He's playing fairly well at Bath and will get some caps soon.

m0rris

Gloucester players seem to suffer on a luck/form/whim basis. But let us not forget that we have been punished with Tindall recently...

SinBad always had bad luck ruling him out (I would love to see him in the 2012 six nations if he can make it)
Some like Narraway are very good at club level and deserve caps but might/have not been able to stand out hence why they move on or settle on something equally as boring but better know to the management.
As for Dave Attwood, had he not thrashed his leg when a georgian was holding onto it the rest would be history, he deserved the time he got since such a serious injury could never be ignored. It meant he was unfit and out of form at the wrong moment. Result, missed 6 nations and RWC. He's playing fairly well at Bath and will get some caps soon.

m0rris

Tindall's all Bath's fault really, he's still seen as a Baathist and therefore permissible.

And yes, I did mean Ben Williams. Shame to hear injury's doing him over

Attwood was injured over the summer, which is why Botha was ahead of him

FFS man, there's no need to drag inconvenient facts into this!

I am well aware there's no conspiracy, but at a casual glance there is nothing like playing for Glaws to **** on your international career from a great height.

Also, Narraway played well against the All Blacks and is good enough, Nick Wood is a better loosehead that many who have played for England recently and probably is good enough, and Olly Morgan is also probably good enough but is even more broken than JSD. They are all serious contenders. Its not like I started throwing Ryan Lamb's name around...

Tindall's all Bath's fault really, he's still seen as a Baathist and therefore permissible.

No he's not... he's still seen as being a Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Wakefield (ist) over here. :p

What with Sharple's form I doubt he'll be kept out of the England squad for too long and Freddie Burns should be in with a shot, unless we keep a regime that seems to scour a small number of clubs such as Bath and Leicester in which case we'll just have a couple of nobodies instead.

m0rris

And Flood used to play for Newcastle whats your point?
RobAndrewG_228x336.jpg

Allen is ignored because he wasn't good for England back in 2006 not because he used to play for Gloucester

I imagine you'd be a likeable guy if you ever developed a sense of humour.

No he's not... he's still seen as being a Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Wakefield (ist) over here. :p

What with Sharple's form I doubt he'll be kept out of the England squad for too long and Freddie Burns should be in with a shot, unless we keep a regime that seems to scour a small number of clubs such as Bath and Leicester in which case we'll just have a couple of nobodies instead.

m0rris

Everyone knows Northerners aren't allowed into the England side until they've moved south. Ergo, he's one of yours ;)

burn performance or gloucester todayhas me convinced he is amazing

Latest posts