• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England’s tour to Australia thread

Anyone going to called up fly over this week? Any doubts over Willis and Underhill leave the back row bare, a lock gets injured in training is also risky.
Jefferies is out there, cover shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not going to be changing my tune on England any time soon but I can happily say I saw some positives in parts yesterday.

I was pleased smith actually played 10 today (although he was quite poor). Happy Farrell did more of a 12s job than I've ever seen him do and it made the team look better.

Not sure Porter got the ball at all? Anyone got any stats?

Pleased with how our forwards played in parts, Billy back to some good work, Lawes, Genge and Stuart all playing well.

Also don't mind the 10 man rugby, as long as we just pick a style and the players to compliment that.

Yeah I barely saw Porter - when I did notice him he was doing something good (tackle then straight up to ruck, short burst or whatever)
I'd put Marchant straight back in next week but keep Porter on the bench

With all the injuries you'd think England should wrap it up pretty easily next week.

I thought he had zero touches though so 3 is better than I thought. 3 touches and out of those he beat 2 defenders is a good stat though.

Although as above I would like marchant back.
Least it shows he's a solid squad player may not be first choice to play but can play across the centres and hold his own. Not a bad player to have.

Itoje and Underhill confirmed to be out of the last test.

How many concussions is that for Underhill now? Seems like far too many.

How many concussions is that for Underhill now? Seems like far too many.
Not entirely sure, but I found an article from January saying he'd had 4 in 2 months at that point.

No replacements to be called up and, more positively, looks like Willis is resuming training.

If Willis is fit then we're OK (obv the missing players are a blow, but gives Isiekwe and Ludlam/Willis a proper crack)
If Willis is out then we're in the poo a bit - see what this Jeffries guy is made of,
though Rugby Pass has him making 3metres all season so I'm a bit wary :/

One of our academy hookers is playing 7 for a club side in Sydney atm - another player goes down in training and maybe he'll get the nod to start 😵‍💫

This is going to be won by the last team with any players left standing.

You've got to laugh when you hear all the sanctimonious garbage about player welfare though. The Premiership season started mid Sept and here we are still going in mid July in what is traditionally a Lions hangover year. Next Prem season starts on 9th Sept. Yeah I know players will be filtered back in gradually etc, but they need a proper break to let their bodies recover properly, rediscover enthusiasm and also get a decent preseason.

Madness.

With all the injuries you'd think England should wrap it up pretty easily next week.
Well we've lost Curry, Itoje (our two best players), Underhill and possibly Willis. Plus Jonny May who hasn't even featured after getting COVID on the way over. It's not as though we're unscathed.

No disrespect to Neville, Banks, Perese and Petaia, but losing them isn't the same as if it had been Hooper and Kerevi (your two best players IMO).

It's not a competition on who has the worst injury list, but I definitely wouldn't say the injuries give England the advantage.

Last edited:

Latest posts