• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Romania vs. Canada. 16/11/13

Still can't believe Blevins chose to step inside here. Awful.

Snapshot+1+(05-02-2013+16-06).png

I understand why Canada's fans are frustrated with this match. I think you played quite well but lacked focus in crucial moments of this game. By contrast, Romania took all its chances and won. I wouldn't blame Crowley at all, he did a good job to block Romania's mauls and most dangerous players. But he cannot do anything about the big inferiority against the Oaks in scrums and rucks and this is where the match was lost. The worst player on the pitch was Canada's #3, he was simply no match for Mihaita Lazar and also gave away the last minute penalty in a ridiculous manner.

As for Romania, our coach is a big fan of the basics. He uses a very limited gameplan, but it's tailored on the strengths of the Romanian players and they execute it very well. Otherwise, our teams should really play each other more often.

well , this is how i like the victories , with tons of work , strong mentality and a bit of luck . i'm only 23 but i almost had a heart attack

I understand why Canada's fans are frustrated with this match. I think you played quite well but lacked focus in crucial moments of this game. By contrast, Romania took all its chances and won. I wouldn't blame Crowley at all, he did a good job to block Romania's mauls and most dangerous players. But he cannot do anything about the big inferiority against the Oaks in scrums and rucks and this is where the match was lost. The worst player on the pitch was Canada's #3, he was simply no match for Mihaita Lazar and also gave away the last minute penalty in a ridiculous manner.

As for Romania, our coach is a big fan of the basics. He uses a very limited gameplan, but it's tailored on the strengths of the Romanian players and they execute it very well. Otherwise, our teams should really play each other more often.

Yah our #3 was Andrew Tiedemann, he is not our 1st choice prop and is a big step down from Jason Marshall who plays for Stade Rochelais in France but was out with an injury. We are really weak in the front row overall though and it really showed this game, your guys destroyed our scrum.

Fact is we should have won this game, our scrum-half dropped the ball on a sure-fired try and we just made a lot of stupid plays. We played a lot better this game then we did the Georgia game but like you said, your team focuses on the basics and plays to their strengths and this is what beat us in the end.

I have not watched enough Canada Rugby this year other than the games at BMO Field.

But out team has played a lot more high level rugby this year then past years. Now that we had the PNC, RWCQ, That American championship, and of course the Autumn Internationals.

They team is tired, injured, and the guys that are pros/almost pros have done enough to continue on their career path with great opportunities. Next year when we just have the PNC and begin to treat the American championship like the feeder league that it should be, you will see a far better Canada in November.

We also have to remember that Canada Rugby have taken a very SH style of development to Rugby. All of our best young players spend more time playing National Sevens then with the 15 team. It is what AUS and NZ and in many cases SA do and it has worked wonders for their teams. We just don't have good enough 15s rugby in Canada to help our tight 5 develop probably... as 7s is not going to give them what they really need.

Latest posts