• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Romania vs. Canada. 16/11/13

Wow....just wow, I don't even want to talk about that game for a while. I'll be back on the forum in a bit, unbelivable.

Embarrassing doesn't even describe that game. Blevins, Tiedemann, and Jones were terrible. Everyone else was not much better.

Pathetic.

Full credit to Romania. I have nothing good to say otherwise. Thanks for the chatter guys.

There aren't many rugby games that literally make me angry, but this was one of them. ****ing bull****.

There aren't many rugby games that literally make me angry, but this was one of them. ****ing bull****.

Feeling your pain! This tour has turned into a disaster! Teams in our World Cup group will surely be really liking their chances against us. Georgia showed the way you beat us is with a big mean pack and Romania followed suit!

Feeling your pain! This tour has turned into a disaster! Teams in our World Cup group will surely be really liking their chances against us. Georgia showed the way you beat us is with a big mean pack and Romania followed suit!

Worst tour since 2008. In fact, probably since 2005 or 2006.

Where does everyone think the problem is? Soft forwards? A lot of injuries and unavailable players? Should Crowley's position be re-evaluated? Or maybe the stars have just aligned and we forgot our core skills in Canada, I don't know...

Nevertheless, since the first leg of the RWCQ's we haven't put forward a good performance at any level and that should be concerning.

you guys think that's frustrating ? :D should watch USA vs Georgia replay. my hair started turning gray :mellow:

not the best game for us either. our defence was crappy, we didn't manage to stop the Canadian players before they got trough our line. Also, we gave away silly penalties, which almost ruined the result.

but still, undefeated since november, last year. most of the credit goes to Mr. Howells, he managed to field the best squad available and to make them deliver a tactical plan that secured the wins.

i hope for a good result vs fiji, a close defeat would be enough for us, a win would be a dream.

Crowley is fine and his game plan is sound! We did score two tries this match and should have scored a third. The problem rests with the forwards, particularly our front-row.... We become particularly exposed when we play countries such Romania and Georgia who place a big emphasis on forward play. In Canada we just don't place the emphasis on developing that sort of hard-nosed forward that is going to secure ball for us and set the platform for the backs. We also don't place enough emphasis on scrummaging in any of our junior leagues such as the OUA where they use U19 scrummaging laws.

We don't really have a top-level #10 but this is less of an issue then our abysmal front-row! Personally I didn't find Jones terrible today, he wasn't great he was just average and other then one dropped ball that was def his fault I thought his distribution to the backs was OK.... He is not a kicker though and we need to look how we solve this problem now. It is ironic because I find we play a very similar style to pacific island teams in that we throw the ball around a lot and have some very dynamic backs and back-row forwards that can get around the park but we don't do the hardwork at the breakdown or the set piece very well.

wow they prove the victory against tonga wasn't a mistake, romania is back maybe....interesting game against fiji, it seems fiji could be defeated italy today, if they are too unruly, once again, romania can do something, otherwise fiji win in my opinion, few absents (fijians players seems to be more concerned these days)...with all their players i think they have a better team than Tonga & Canada

Worst tour since 2008. In fact, probably since 2005 or 2006.

Where does everyone think the problem is? Soft forwards? A lot of injuries and unavailable players? Should Crowley's position be re-evaluated? Or maybe the stars have just aligned and we forgot our core skills in Canada, I don't know...

Nevertheless, since the first leg of the RWCQ's we haven't put forward a good performance at any level and that should be concerning.

Crowley's position to be reevaluated? This is a complete overreaction. No way are two tight losses in Eastern Europe as bad as 2008 either, or that 2009 Japan tour for that matter. Canada only recently made the RWC qualifiers look one sided and nearly won the PNC with half the team crocked.

Crowley's position to be reevaluated? This is a complete overreaction. No way are two tight losses in Eastern Europe as bad as 2008 either, or that 2009 Japan tour for that matter. Canada only recently made the RWC qualifiers look one sided and nearly won the PNC with half the team crocked.

Agree, I simply think this is a case of everyone getting better. There is very little difference between any of the Tier 2 countries. Really this is how I see how countries are ranked in terms of quality:

Tier 1:

New Zealand

Tier 1.25

Australia
South Africa
England
France

Tier 1.5

Wales
Ireland

Tier 1.75

Scotland
Argentina
Italy
Samoa

Tier 2

Fiji
Japan
Tonga
Canada
Georgia
Romania
USA

Tier 2.5

Russia
Uruguay
Spain
Portugal

I wasn't suggesting that Crowley should be fired. I was just wondering what everyone else thought the reason was for such a poor showing.

Man ! Haven't seen any of the two, but Romania are collecting them 1-point victories this Autumn, huh ?!

Is there any place that this game can be watched - I wasn't able to catch it yesterday.

Latest posts