• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EPCR Challenge Cup 23/24

Margin of victory? Are you saying this mainly because Gloucester have home advantage?
I mean if I had to bet I'd saw Gloucester by quite a few tbh
Didn't see much from ospreys today, Gloucester can score point when they want to
Maybe weather will be the decider

Final: Gloucester 30 Castres Olympique 25

1712468536700.png

If OS had a set piece to speak of they could be dominating this game.

Hastings playing poorly all game but redeems himself with the through the legs kick

Ospreys should be very disapointed with that performance, didn't really threaten after Giles' try. So many errors. Poor set piece which is unlike them, although scrum decisions were a bit dodgy.

Gloucester kick and chase waa great second half though, pinned Ospreys back in rheir own half and they overplayed as a result.

Ospreys have very little in attack though with Owen Williams at 10. Edwards ahould have come on far earlier, not that it really would have made a difference.

Ospreys should be very disapointed with that performance, didn't really threaten after Giles' try. So many errors. Poor set piece which is unlike them, although scrum decisions were a bit dodgy.

Gloucester kick and chase waa great second half though, pinned Ospreys back in rheir own half and they overplayed as a result.

Ospreys have very little in attack though with Owen Williams at 10. Edwards ahould have come on far earlier, not that it really would have made a difference.
Maybe, wouldn't judge Owen's too harshly though they had some descent field position and butchered multiple lineouts in the red zone which he isn't responsible for, when you set piece is going so badly reversing any real territory gains it's hard to build much.

It was an odd result that, decent result from Glos, especially as they went 6 up Varneys kicking was top class.

However they werent exactly at the races, allowed Ospreys too much ball.

Ospreys had a real chance to nick that, created 2/3 real opportunities in that 2nd half. Nothing says Welsh rugby more than a 4 on 1 on the left hand side only to throw an intercept lol, or a 4 on 2 for Adam Beard to take it on himself to throw a 3 man looping miss pass... miles forward.
The winger also on a clean line break down the right cut infield into traffic instead of attacking the FB and using his boot.

I also thought the ref made a few bad key decisions, that 1 knock on went backward 2 metres hahaha.

Ultimately, as all the regions have, a lack of grunt up front, lack of experience, lack of top class, and lack of depth, all of which is financial.

Decent go by the Ospreys though, 2 best players on the park were Welsh, Varbey and Llewellyn. Still cant figure out why Cardiff let a 24 year old up and coming centre go, and kept 38 year old Ley lo, and glass Halaholo on the books...

Latest posts