Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Eriksson confirms Ivorian squad

Strikers Bakary Kone and Kanga Akale have been left out of the Ivory Coast squad for the World Cup.
Didier Drogba, Salamon Kalou, Aruna Dindane and Seydou Doumbia will be the strikers in the Elephants' line-up for South Africa.
Coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has also dropped midfielders Emerse Fae, Gilles Yapi Yapo and Traore Lacina.
But there is a place for Koffi N'Dri Romaric, who was recalled after missing the Africa Cup of Nations in January.
He was left out of that squad by former coach Vahid Halilhodzic because of disciplinary issues.
West Bromwich Albion defender Abdoulaye Meite failed to make the cut for South Africa, as did goalkeeper Vincent Angban.
His absence means there is only one locally-based player in the squad, his fellow keeper, Daniel Yeboah, of ASEC Mimosas.
Ivory Coast are in drawn in Group G with Brazil, Portugal and North Korea.
Elsewhere, Wigan's Steve Gohouri has sealed his place on the plane after missing out on Angola, while Hibernian's Sol Bamba, who scored in Les Elephants' 2-2 draw with Paraguay in France this week, is among the defenders travelling.

Coach Sven-Goran Eriksson said: "It's always sad when you have to tell seven players they have to go home, it's not the best part of a manager's job, but it has to be done.
"I talked to the seven players here in this room - from what I have seen of the players, they are all extremely well-educated, happy people and they took it as men with style.
"I thank them for what they have done for us and I wish them luck in the future."
Others who did make the squad list are the English Premier League's Golden Boot winner, Drogba, his Chelsea team-mate, Kalou as well as Aruna Dindane, who has helped Portsmouth to reach the FA Cup final but has now signed for Lekhwiya in Qatar.
Eriksson, who replaced Halilhodzic at the end of March, has said there are "big expectations" for Ivory Coast at Africa's first World Cup and he believes the team can fulfil them.

Ivory Coast squad
Goalkeepers: Boubacar Barry (Lokeren, Belgium), Aristides Zogbo (Maccabi Netanya, Israel), Daniel Yeboah (Asec, Ivory Coast).
Defenders: Souleymane Bamba (Hibernian, Scotland), Arthur Boka (VB Stuttgart, Germany), Benjamin Brou Angoua (Valenciennes, France), Guy Demel (Hamburg SV, Germany), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal, England), Steve Gohouri (Wigan Athletic, England), Siaka Tiene (Valenciennes, France), Kolo Toure (Manchester City, England).
Midfielders: Jean-Jacques Gosso Gosso(Monaco, France), Abdelkader Keita (Galatasaray, Turkey), Emmanuel Kone (International Curtea Arges, Romania), Gervinho (Lille, France), Koffi N'Dri Romaric (Sevilla, Spain), Cheik Ismael Tiote (Twente Enschede, Holland), Yaya Toure (Barcelona, Spain), Didier Zokora (Sevilla, Spain).
Forwards: Aruna Dindane (Lekhwiya, Qatar), Didier Drogba (Chelsea, England), Salomon Kalou (Chelsea, England), Bakary Kone (Olympique Marseille, France).

Latest posts