• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lance Armstrong confirms retirement from cycling

I'm not that pushed, as I'm not passionate about the "sport" but this golden vision of Lances legacy is pure fantasy.

I'd suggest you read into it a little. Its a pretty sordid story.

Your call of course.

Ive read into it, but the facts are still there, he's been called clean, until test prove that wrong then you can't take anything away from him!

Any arguement that is dependent on the integrity and competency of the cycling doping authorities is kinda funny.

I think there is so much more to this story, you seem content to ignore the rest of it.

We'll just have to agree to dissagree.

Any arguement that is dependent on the integrity and competency of the cycling doping authorities is kinda funny.

I think there is so much more to this story, you seem content to ignore the rest of it.

We'll just have to agree to dissagree.

Stories are stories im afraid and there are lot of people who are jealous of him, fail to understand how you cannot grasp even that. Until Armstrong is proven to have cheated you cannot go round calling him a cheat.

Hang on now, jumping in here.

I have not accused Armstrong of 'cheating' unlike some, I am defending him because his story is fantastic and had a superb career.

Sorry Cymro didn't mean for comment directed at you just to people here that say he's a cheat. He is innocent until proven guilty and let's not forget he was tested 5times more than anyone else. But basically his story alone in an achievment

If, as is alluded to in here, every single cyclist is on EPO, then that just levels the playing field meaning that Lance is still a superb cyclist as he beat all the other druggys

Just Reading that Paul Kimmage article but isn't he the rider that had fall out with Sean Kelly because Kimmage was found out using drugs and said Kelly was too

Stories are stories im afraid
Meh, you can say the same about murder then I suppose (which I presume you do yeah?). Just 5 peoples word against anothers. Its all bullshit if the culprit wasnt caught in the act.

Well if your going by the law you need hard evidence to convict someone ...nobody has hard evidence .. as Olyy said if everyone does it it levels it out making him the best of the lot.

Also I would love to see a drug olympic's where all athletes were encouraged to use steroids :p Imagine seeing someone run the 100m in 4 seconds :p 7's players built like busses
and Clay pidgeon shooters who could take out an albatros fowl from 3 miles with spitballs from 2 miles away...Amazing!

I for one am fed up with people taking it out on Lance Armstrong, Claiming he has used performance enhancing drugs, something that has never been proven and something which has nearly destroyed his career, the guy is a legend in the world of cycling, its about time people stop all this and just stand up and applaud him...

Being a cyclist, someone who uses Lance and his story as inspiration, the guy has pushed Cycling to the forefront, he will always be involved in the sport, and expect to see a Bike Brand Launched in his name, he already has the Livestrong clothing range, that will only grow... The next stage of his career is teaching and mentoring the next level of cyclists...

Contador is good but Andy Schleck is going to be the next big thing to watch and his Brother Frank is going to be up there...

The True Legend tho will always be Eddy Merckx

Btw I want this bike http://www.primera-sports.com/produ...-7-525-eddy-merckx-anniversary-bike-9000.aspx

Latest posts