Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Czech Republic

• Denmark

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful game first half, really picked up in the second as the Czechs showed their class.

Milan Baros is a class above anything in the tournament at the moment; he WILL win the Golden Boot and I'll be very surprised if the Czechs fail to win it anyway.

Plus they've got Jan Koller, who, correct me if i'm wrong, appears to be the mutant love child of Jaap Stam and Will Self.

188499_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

+
self.jpg

=
188560_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Well the first semi tonight, you never can tell with the Dutch, they should win but wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Not overly bothered either way who wins both teams are normally good to watch, he says knowing it'll end up being a cagey affir going all the way to penalties after 120 minutes of goalless action.

Looking forward to this game me - should be a cracker. Come on Holland!

2-1 to the Portugays, who could have won by a few more, and look like they deserve a place in the final.

Completely deserved for the Portuguese, Maniche's goal was something special, they should have won 5-1 but won't care much about that now. Glad that Carvalho didn't get booked, would have been a shame if he'd missed the final. Figo certainly answered his critics tonight.

Pretty good game.

1 very good goal.

And Van Hoojidiididnjokononk is one big ******* with no touch.

Poor performance from Holland - very big let down, I was hoping the Portugese would suffer the same heartbreak England endured last thursday. And I still believe they will, the Czechs are a far superior team.

well, portugal are 1 win away now.
i chose them from the start of the tournoment and ill stick with them.
i was quite impressed with them to be honest.
i know he hasnt got alot of the praise that Wayne Rooney's desrvedly got but i think Christiano Ronaldo's been right up there during the competition.
its a good sign for Man Utd that hes starting to really show his potential.
the only big game ive seen him really step up in for Man Utd was the FA Cup final.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 1 2004, 09:11 AM
Poor performance from Holland - very big let down
Whan was the last time Holland actually lived up to the talent they have on the team. I was surprised to see many people calling a dutch czech final, when the dutch have not even put one good performance in the tournament. Without team spirit or teamwork for that matter the dutch the individual talent in the dutch team is worth nothing.

They played very well against the Czechs, they just lost it late on. But you're right, they've underperformed this tournament.

I think one of the funniest things I heard yesterday was someone saying that Edgar Davids had been player of the tournament. Must have been a wind up, the only thing of note I've seen him do is cheat his way to a penalty.

It'll be the Greeks in the final then. Some ex-Sheffield utd player headed in the silver-goal winner. Got to feel sorry for the Czechs losing like that, with absolutely no chance of a come back, but fair play to greece.

interesting final now - host nation versus ultimate surprise package, especially when you factor in the greek win over the portugays in the opening game.

Be one of the worst finals for years between two very mundane and vert average teams.

The best team in the tournament were knocked out about ten minutes ago. Very sad departure for the Czechs, they were much the better team on the night and it's a travesty they won't be in the final. Fair play to the Greeks though, they stuck at it and took their chance when it arrived.

Wasn't surprised by the result, this tournament has been a bad echo of Euro 96, so many bad matches and an ordinary team going all the way to the final.

I have actually enjoyed this years tournament, there has been some good games and brilliant moments. Prehaps cos I'm always up for the underdog but none the less overall its been a good tournament.

The final might live up to expectations, ( of not been the best) but it will still be good to watch, the main asset the Greeks have its their old fashioned man marking, fair enough its not the most entertaining but look at were they are after not ever winning a match in a major international tournament! I said Portuagal from the start and although at times they haven't clicked they have played some exellent soccer for 70 mins they were running rings around holland. They just lack that final touch.

Overall a good tournament would love the Greeks to win it, bet you they'll still be celebrating when people go over for holidays in August.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 2 2004, 10:13 AM
Both teams are ordinary mate, imo.
if these 2 sides are ordinary then Europen Soccer is in big trouble.
lets just do a quick look at how they got here.

The teams in bold are the so called 'better sides' in european/world football.

Portugal:
Lost to Greece
Beat Russia
Beat Spain
Beat England
Beat The Netherlands

Greece:
Beat Portugal
Drew to Spain
Lost to Russia
Beat France
Beat The Czech Republic

Interestingly, the only team that Greece lost to were the Russians.
and the only side that the Portugese lost to were the Greeks.
which at the time of both games there oponents were seen as the weaker sides in the group.
just goes to show that these 2 sides really stood up in the big games.
and most importantly the big moments in the game, as shown this morning.
i think this tournoment has been quite enjoyble for a neutral spectator like myself but because im a fan of Portugal im enjoying it just that little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts