Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Total voters
Totti should have been banned for the duration of the tournament. If Italy reach the semis and he scores for them then there will be some very unhappy people.

today methinks:

Bulagaria 1-2 Denmark
Italy 2-3 Sweden

Dreadful game in Braga between Denmark and Bulgaria, the stadium was more interesting than the match. Appalling referee, one of those who's trying to boost his yellow card count, that's 18 in 2 games, Petrov being sent off was an absolute joke. Denmark won 2-0.

Italy 1-1 Sweden ,

Ibrahimovich brilliant equaliser, back to goal, hooked round with outside of his boot into top corner. Dead happy to see it go in, see the Italians who think they are Gods' gift to football in a large abount of trouble. Danish are looking good and a draw for them vs Italy will see Sweden and Denmark through.

Delighted for Sweden that they got the draw, but what do you expect when Trapatoni makes those idiotic changes. Got what he deserved and now it looks like they could go out. Draw between the Swedes and Danes should put them out.

A 2-2 or more draw between the two Scandic nations will send the Italians tumbling out, I heard on 5 Live.

No more than they deserve for trying to sit on a one goal lead against a vastly inferior team.

It's irrelevant, apparantly.

Not sure why, but it's definate. The Italians will probably win but they still may very well tumble out.

If Italy win 3-0 and Denmark and Sweden draw 0-0 then surely the Italians would qualify because their goal difference is better than the Danes and the result between them is irrelevent because it was a draw.

Can't remember exactly - I'm sure all will be revealed come Tuesday.

Fascinating group.

Been quite a dissappointing tournament compared with Euro 2000 but the fun should start come Sunday.

Do you reckon?

I've found it very enjoyable so far, there's been some great games been played. Only two poor games, being Croatia vs Switzerland and Bulgaria vs Denmark today.

You're right though, the fun will well and truly kick in on sunday when things start being decided.

Well if you look at Euro 2000 there was only 1 bad pool match, whereas this time round there's been so many average matches and the pathetic excuse for a match that was Bulgaria Denmark, I genuinely believe that this tournament would have been better off if Ireland and Turkey had qualified. It's not just the fact that we're not there cause I've enjoyed other tournaments where we havn't qualified so that doesn't come into it. Maybe Euro 2000 just spoilt us and it can only go downhill.

I didn't enjoy Euro 2000 that much - probably because of Kevin Keegan...

However, when push comes to shove, I am a huge football fan. I thought it was cringeworthy watching how average the Dutch were yet still reaching the semi finals.

Jaap Stam's missed penalty in the semi final shootout was a highlight though - has that come out of orbit yet?

England were bad, well done Phil Neville but it just seemed like a more competitive tournament than this one, I know there's a lot of teams who can win it but the group stages aren't really that competitive, the only surprise have been the Greeks, other than that it's going to plan.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 19 2004, 01:16 PM
I genuinely believe that this tournament would have been better off if Ireland and Turkey had qualified.
Ireland - yes

Turkey - no. They are the most overrated footballing nation in the world. Cheap shot dive merchants. Well done Latvia for knocking them out.

Feckin' great times during the world cup, the buzz from just drawing with Germany, there's not much like it, probably would have made the effort to go to Portugal as well, jumping on the bandwagon.

With some serious saving I'll hopefully be going to Germany, as well as Australia in 2008 for the RL World Cup.

Hopefully I'll get sent out there in a professional capacity anyway....

I'd seriously think about going to Germany but knowing our luck I'll be saving for South Africa.

Latest posts