Euro 2020[1]

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Looking forward to this despite Ireland not qualifying.

Who's backing who? I reckon one of France or Portugal will take it, wouldn't mind either.

France v Portugal is also definitely the pick of the group games, I could see Poland upsetting Spain and Netherlands are vulnerable to anyone in a weak group.

England, Belgium and Italy are probably the other big contenders, very easy pools for all. England v Croatia and Scotland will be built up but Croatia are an aged team from the WC and Scotland just aren't on the level.

Got Finland in the office pool so hopefully they pull off their greatest success since the Winter War.

France for me. Such a strong set of forwards and midfielders.
Can't see England progressing any further than the quarter finals. They will be better in two years time.

I'm boycotting this ****. My friend had tickets for the final at Wembley, however because of the postponement had to bid again and got nothing. Absolute ****-take.

France for me. Such a strong set of forwards and midfielders.
Can't see England progressing any further than the quarter finals. They will be better in two years time.
Hasn't that been the case that England will always be better in 2/4 years since 1966? :p.

Carrying injured players again is Mistake in Henderson and McGuire.

Only thing going for England is playing games at Wembley and the carrot of this final being there.

I think France and Belgium are favourites. Germany what's happened their form over the last few years?

Hasn't that been the case that England will always be better in 2/4 years since 1966? :p.
Good point:D.
I fancy the likes of Mount, Foden, Bellingham, Sancho will be all the better for two more years experience playing international football.
Agree its madness to gamble on the fitness of Henderson and McGuire.

I think it's a shame Greenwood got injured.* If used correctly he could massacre international defences with the playmakers England have.

*Shame in the loosest term possible, I dont want an English win!

Good point:D.
I fancy the likes of Mount, Foden, Bellingham, Sancho will be all the better for two more years experience playing international football.
Agree its madness to gamble on the fitness of Henderson and McGuire.

I look at the spine of the team:

World class goalkeeper - nope.

A Dominating central defender or pair- well McGuire is not fit. How good is Stones? Had an excellent season but was playing alongside Dias.

Do we have a controlling midfield? A great defensive midfielder to break up the opposition attack ie like a Kante/Fabinho and playmakers?
Perennial problem every England team I've followed over the years. One that is balanced and that can control the game, plus chip in with goals in tight games.

A striker/attack who score goals. - looks like we do with Kane, Sterling etc.

Perennial problem every England team I've followed over the years. One that is balanced and that can control the game, plus chip in with goals in tight games.
TBF the so called 'golden generation' were a balanced team on paper they were great. Just they never added up to the sum of their parts.

Only thing going for England is playing games at Wembley and the carrot of this final being there.
At the moment Wembley is more hostile to the home side.

I'll take interest in football for a few weeks until England bow out, its a sport I've tried but outside of major tournaments simply don't care enough about.

TBF the so called 'golden generation' were a balanced team on paper they were great. Just they never added up to the sum of their parts.

At the moment Wembley is more hostile to the home side.

I'll take interest in football for a few weeks until England bow out, its a sport I've tried but outside of major tournaments simply don't care enough about.

Balanced? Playing Lampard and Gerrard in midfield, with no holding midfielder? And shunting Scholes to left of midfield to accommodate them. No wonder he retired from international football. Nah England's problems at international level for me is not keeping the ball well enough and then when they do lose possession struggling to get it back. Over the course of tournament that takes its physical toll and one of the major reasons England have not reached final of a major international tournament in 55 years.

Wembley can be a curse, but generally during qualifying for the tournament rather than the actual tournament itself. Of course they have to get out of their Group first and we know how that went in the Rugby. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Didn't realise England have all 3 Group matches at Wembley, and if they win the group their last 16 at Wembley and then should they reach the semi and final those matches at Wembley. All the more reason to top their group and go all the way as long as they can survive a quarter final away. Still a long way to go. Group stages first.

Anyone remember Euro 96? :p

I got Finland. Hope they finish bottom so I can get the third prize.

I got Denmark,
I don't know if that's good or bad

They're in the the same group as Finland and it's a tight group apparently with Russia and Belgium. Belgium being favourites to top that one.

Also Depends how the prizes are split in your firm's sweepstake.

Ours is 1st prize to winner, 2nd prize and third place to the team that finishes last with fewest points/ goals difference etc. So hoping Finland finish absolute bottom in that group.

Some peeps at my firm managed to pick more than one to up their chances. :(.

That is terrible. Hope he pulls through.
Was talking to the wife (once was a trainee paramedic, father was one), its not good if you're preforming CPR that quickly. Her uncle was a police officer at an RTA wasn't doing anything particular and just collapsed, despite the equipment already on site nothing could be done.

Really hope he pulls through though.

Latest posts