• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 1 - Round 2

Ulster should have got more out of that. They'll do well to go anywhere
Really?
I thought they looked like they were punching well above their weight. I'm not saying they were lucky to get the win, because they deserved it and did play a lot of good rugby, but I think a close win is about right. Their pack was battered, I've not seen scrums as one sided as that in a while.

Really?
I thought they looked like they were punching well above their weight. I'm not saying they were lucky to get the win, because they deserved it and did play a lot of good rugby, but I think a close win is about right. Their pack was battered, I've not seen scrums as one sided as that in a while.
They were camped in La Rochelle's 22 for most of the last 15. It should have translated to another three points at least. They were lucky to be in the game at all after the first 30 so I'm sure they'll take it but I don't fancy them to make it to the quarters now.

Not a bad result for la Rochelle who only 3 seasons ago were still battling it out in ProD2.

Replay shows Ulster try came out of a forward pass. Never mind. Another Wayne Howler.

They'll take that 1 pt bonus. Would be an amazing result if they qualify for their 1st time out.

Fair play to the fellas, on and off the pitch.

Good result given where we are right now.

BUT - this cannot be an emotional performance a la Deccie Kidney's Ireland. If they don't back it up next time out, at least with a performance if not the result, then we are back to square one.

Not a bad result for la Rochelle who only 3 seasons ago were still battling it out in ProD2.

Replay shows Ulster try came out of a forward pass. Never mind. Another Wayne Howler.

They'll take that 1 pt bonus. Would be an amazing result if they qualify for their 1st time out.

Also, Ulster turned the ball over near own their own line but then an extremely obvious knock on right in front of the linesman was somehow missed.

Also, Ulster turned the ball over near own their own line but then an extremely obvious knock on right in front of the linesman was somehow missed.

JP Doyle? Aye, sure I think his eyes are painted on!

Definitely missed a big knock on by Nick Timoney in our 22, that was after we'd just got out of massive scrum pressure too, he also missed about 4 big offsides as well.

Anyhoo - entertaining game for the neutral at the stoop.

Two average teams riddled with mistakes providing excitement!

Anyhoo - entertaining game for the neutral at the stoop.

Two average teams riddled with mistakes providing excitement!

Haha, two 'average' teams eh? Interesting.

Such a big fan of Gaskell these days, playing really well today.
Meanwhile Greenwood has not aged well. Loves his own voice so much.

James Haskwell really is a big stupid bóllóx.

Ruck on the try line, instead of getting low to hit and turn any scrum-half dive, he gets involved in a wrestling match 5 foot off the ground with a prop.

James Haskwell really is a big stupid bóllóx.

Ruck on the try line, instead of getting low to hit and turn any scrum-half dive, he gets involved in a wrestling match 5 foot off the ground with a prop.
You should see the unfunny meme he puts up on Instagram.

cue the big dopey clown getting a red.
What a beefcake though
Screenshot_20180113-192337.png

Edit: bought a Quins Jersey a few weeks ago. Everything I touch turns to gold.

Haskell has really shown EJ that he was right to recall him into the EPS.

Latest posts