• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Championships Qualifiers

I say we boycott talk of this weekend's results.

Apart from Wales getting slaughtered 5-1 at home by Slovakia, because that is just hilariously, side-splittingly funny.

Embarassing stuff really, no excuses, the gamble hasn't paid off, get rid of Stan after Wednesday and give the new manager a chance to get some real competitive games under his belt before the world cup campaign, how pathetic it is to be already thinking about the next campaign only 2 games in. We need to get rid of Stan but John Delaney is the clown who appointed him so he should go as well.

Staunton is a good bloke and a good football man but bloody hell is he out of his depth. Doomed from the start. Doomed from the moment Brian Kerr was moronically sacked, in fact.

I say we boycott talk of this weekend's results.

Apart from Wales getting slaughtered 5-1 at home by Slovakia, because that is just hilariously, side-splittingly funny.
[/b]

I think the same can appl for last night's as well, although that Neville OG was some priceless comedy.

Seriously though our campaign is over, to be 6th after 3 games is a disgrace, for us to have had any chance of qualifying we needed to win our home games and all the away games bar the Czechs and Germans, but there's 4 points gone already. Improved performance last night but John O'Shea yet again you've let your country down, in the words of the Indo, Shame on you.

Have to admit it was pretty funny that Kilbane got poked in the eye during the goal celebration and got double vision.

Excellent result for Croatia in Tel Aviv this evening, not many teams go there and win as was proven in the last campaign. That should pretty much guarantee their qualification, given the only real difficult game left for them is against England by which time they should be sorted anyway.

Pathetic performance from Ireland, does seem strange to be complaining about a 5-0 win but it should have been at least 10.

Yet again moronic substitutions from Stan, McGeady brought on for Kevin Doyle, pure daft when you need goals.

Although credit to Stan he has come out with an absolute beauty this week. "They conceded 13 against the Germans and 7 against the Czechs so obviously they've tightened up at the back". Gobshite.

Poor Stan hasn't got a scooby doo, dreadful performance from Ireland in that first half, how in the name of Christ are San Marino even allowed to compete in these qualifiers, they're truly awful yet it shows how far we've fallen when we're being held scoreless by a team of butchers, bakers and candle stick makers.

this coming from a team that could only draw 0-0 with Norn Iron and there's a Park after Croke :bleh!:

1-1 step away from the Guinness vat. STEP AWAY FROM THE GUINNESS VAT

2-1 Step towards the Guinness vat. STEP TOWARDS THE GUINNESS VAT

Well In friendly News England have been Booed off... after losing to Spain!!!

Well In friendly News England have been Booed off... after losing to Spain!!!
[/b]

******** to them....there's no pride, no togetherness. The basics are there, they have the talent...what's missing? Desire.

It's just a jolly to them....what other conclusion can you draw?

Look at people like Wrighty, Butcher and Pearce...they'd die for that shirt. These guys are millionaires, it's just a chance to meet up with their mates nowadays.

Gerrintothem'eh!

We shouldn't have to put up with this tripe we're getting from Staunton. We've never been the most talented team in the world but we've always had someone capable of putting a gameplan together. Now we've someone with the tactical nous of a brick. People may go on that it's the players who should be stepping up to the plate but people also seem to forget that the large majority of footballers are thick as 2 planks and need a proper coach to tell them what to do, Ireland is no exception to that but the FAI guys also seem to have an intelligence quotient of similar proportions to the players so we're fücked either way.

A brick? You must be warming to him An Tarbh, you were calling him a gobshite last time! ;)

if anything I think it's more of an indication that my dislike for his has increased. A gobshite is a person with proper feelings and a semblance of intelligence, while a brick is an inanimate object. Perhaps I do Stan a disservice though, he does flap his arms from time to time.

wales will beat ireland!!

and northern ireland have beaten spain and england at home!!

is your support of the football team as deluded and one eyed as it is with the rugby?

if you want to go by that logic then fine, we drew with the Czechs, the Czechs mullered the Slovaks and the Slovaks mullered the Welsh.

Latest posts