• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Championships Qualifiers

Good win for Ireland, if they beat the Czeck rep away, and they lose a match somewhere els, then the race for 2nd place is on in group D.. Germany have won that group as there next 3 matches are agains minnows San Marino twice and Cyprus, so their already garenteed 9 points... thats 21 points lol..
[/b]

Well they've only one game left against San Marino but even still the group is their's with the Czechs still to come for them at home, however we don't have a ghosts' chance of qualifying, if we can't win away in Cyprus what chance in Bratislava, Prague and Cardiff and the Germans will win comfortably in Croker as well. All that victory has done to serve is paper over some very large cracks.

How good have Northern Ireland been in their qualifiers. David Healy shouldn't be a bench player for Leeds, he should be in the prem.

They've improved no doubt but won't get anything in their remaining away games so talk of qualification is a nonsense really.

As for Healy he doesn't deliver for Leeds when given the chance, with 5 goals in 2 games he might get another chance but whether he's good enough for the premiership I doubt it.

<div class='quotemain'>
Good win for Ireland, if they beat the Czeck rep away, and they lose a match somewhere els, then the race for 2nd place is on in group D.. Germany have won that group as there next 3 matches are agains minnows San Marino twice and Cyprus, so their already garenteed 9 points... thats 21 points lol..
[/b]

Well they've only one game left against San Marino but even still the group is their's with the Czechs still to come for them at home, however we don't have a ghosts' chance of qualifying, if we can't win away in Cyprus what chance in Bratislava, Prague and Cardiff and the Germans will win comfortably in Croker as well. All that victory has done to serve is paper over some very large cracks.
[/b][/quote]

Well thats one way of looking at it, but there are facts to concider. Cyprus was Irelands 2nd worse loss in the historu of the FAI, but look at the team then... a bunch of fellas kicking a ball around aimlessly and a goalkeeper that should of not botherd turning up. Ireland are still in a development stage, and I see great progress in the future for the team. Hunt, McShane and Dunne are playing very well, moral and spirits are starting to rise, I wouldnt write them off just yet, by the way, Cyprus were able to hold the Germans to a draw, and the Checkz just scraped past them (1-0). The Checks are starting to look a bit fragile at the moment, we just need them 2 slip once or twice and im sure the lads will pull one stunner off!

Sorry, I ment to say Czecks not Checks...

france italy will be a littlme war because of domenech wiht his sayings it's not very intelligent

well he's been banned from the touchline and fined over â'¬6000 so it's certainly adding spice to an already tense fixture given the nature of the group.

ok, only 5 games left for most teams in the Euro 2008 Qualifying Campaign - and with 3 home nations still in with a serious chance of qualifying who do you think will be going to Austria/Switzerland next summer?

Ive lost track of Englands group - could someone update me on what englands chances are?

as for Scotland, have done fantasticaly well in such a tough group and will be second going into wedensdays clash with france in paris. Ukraine play home to Italy the same day - and a home win or a draw would mean Scotland are still 2nd watever happens in the Parc des Princes. We then have a double header in October against Ukraine at Hampden, before travelling to Georgia - both winable games that would keep Scotland ahead of the Ukraine, and as Italy sit out 1 of these would put us 4/5 point ahead going into our final game. so all going well Scotland will have an all-or-nothing clash with the World Champions at Hampden, win or draw and were through, loose and we must hope Italy loose at home to the Faroes.

Northern Ireland have done fantastically well to this stage - especially in beating Spain at Winsdor Park, but have they got enough steam to make it to the finals? they also suffered a real setback last night in Latvia - could this cost them a place at footballs second biggest meeting?

And finally Wales - BBC say they are out, but could they find some miraculous form and scrape into next summers biggest party?

but whatever happens, we have already seen some great upsets - both good and bad! who would have thought Scotland would overcome France that October night? (except the 50,000 fans that packed Hampden, we knew we were on the verge of something special) Who would have thought England would make heavy weather of an easy group? and perhaps most of all, who would have though Sanchez's men would beat Spains superstars?

and does anyone know what odds you would have got on scotland having the most points out of the home nations at this stage? ;)

well we blew our chances for qualifying twice last night, decent start but then we just let the Slovaks take the game to us, we then do the hard work of taking the lead again only to screw up at the death.

I know we're **** but Slovakia are worse than us and that's a game we should have won, must win game now on Wednesday but I think Namibia have as much chance of causing an upset today as we do on Wednesday night.

Despite the North's decent results they were never really contenders to qualify in my book, if you can't beat the likes of Latvia away from home then you don't deserve to be going to major championships plus they still have to go to Sweden and Spain where they'll both lose and I imagine Denmark will take their trip to Belfast quite seriously considering the past result between the 2 sides and the lost points in the Swedish match. But definitely a credible performance so far but now a serious difference in quality of coach which could cost the North.

As for the Scots I think it's going to be a case of so near and yet so far, got themselves in a fantastic position although they could have done with France taking the points in Milan last night. They won't get anything in Paris, Georgia away won't be a walk in the park and Ukraine and Italy could both easily get a result at Hamden.

England may have been ordinary in the campaign so far but I gather they put in a decent performance yesterday, Russia away is the only roadblock and I can't see anything other than an England win in Moscow, despite the dodgy pitch at the Luzhniki Stadium. It's hard to imagine England not picking up maximum points from the remaining games so qualification won't be a problem for McClaren. They'll have sufficient momentum from yesteday's win and Wednesday's likely win to kick on and finish the job.

Italy is risking very much, we now must win every single match to qualify, starting from the next match against ucraina.

The game played yesterday was a very boring match between a team that played for the draw, and a team that is in late with physical preparation who couldn't play as well as he can.

Robo

france italy will be a littlme war because of domenech wiht his sayings it's not very intelligent
[/b]

Domenech is a devil... I think he did that in purpose... I hate that guy... I want Giully and Pires...

scotland 1 - 0 france

2 mins left!

France seem to be atacking attacking attacking attacking! Too close! We nned to win!

Damn 3mins of added time

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SCOTLAND 1 - 0 FRANCE!

GET IN THERE! WHAT A GREAT SCORE LINE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE WON WE WON WE WON!

SORRY IM JUST SOOOOO HAPPY!

scotland 1 - 0 france

2 mins left!

France seem to be atacking attacking attacking attacking! Too close! We nned to win!

Damn 3mins of added time

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SCOTLAND 1 - 0 FRANCE!

GET IN THERE! WHAT A GREAT SCORE LINE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE WON WE WON WE WON!

SORRY IM JUST SOOOOO HAPPY! [/b]

I REALLY nned to see Faddy's goal....is it online anywhere?

Dunno, probably end up on YouTube tomorrow! missed it aswell! was only listening to the game on the radio!

faddys goal - 30 yard piledriver into top corner, absolute peach, but i dont care, i would have taken an own goal tonight we won, we won, WE WON I CANT BELIEVE IT, WE WON IN PARIS.

must be sheit being a france suporter though, Argentina on Friday, Scotland today!

right, everyone now:

well be comin'
well be comin'
well be comin' doon the road
when you hear the noise
of the tartan army boys
well be comin' doon the road!

Doh, a deer, a female deer
ray,a drop of golden sun...

did i mention, WE ACTUALLY WON - WE DID IT, WERE TOP OF THE GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faddys goal - 30 yard piledriver into top corner, absolute peach, but i dont care, i would have taken an own goal tonight we won, we won, WE WON I CANT BELIEVE IT, WE WON IN PARIS.

must be sheit being a france suporter though, Argentina on Friday, Scotland today!

right, everyone now:

well be comin'
well be comin'
well be comin' doon the road
when you hear the noise
of the tartan army boys
well be comin' doon the road!

Doh, a deer, a female deer
ray,a drop of golden sun...

did i mention, WE ACTUALLY WON - WE DID IT, WERE TOP OF THE GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in my mind it's entirely down to Walter Smith, Davey Weir and Jimmy McFadden. :D :D :D

Scotland is lucky and he missed the best Thierry Henry
It wasn't Scotland in final of world cup 2006 but France
Allez La France

is that the same Thierre Henry that created absolutley nothing at Hampden?

ok, i would admit we were flucky bassas at Hampden - but on wedensday we played briliantly! we set out to defend, and did it fantastically (Gordon had 1 save to make in first half)

by the end of the game france had run out of ideas and Viera (on a yellow) had been withdrawn before he lost the plot!

and while your talking about best players - one of ours went off injured 25 minutes in and wasnt missed in the slightest such was the team spirit!

and as for your coment a la world cup:

It ISNT France at the top of Group B, its Scotland!!!

Well be coming...

(ps. bring on Brazil!)

Not very great match of Scotland... Staying back, it's no playing football.

But... It's like that. If we win our three matches, Scotland or Italy -> Bye bye Euro.

Scotland is lucky and he missed the best Thierry Henry
It wasn't Scotland in final of world cup 2006 but France
Allez La France
[/b]
The best team is Spain

Spain win the eurocup

Aupa Spain

Latest posts