• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Region - General Discussion Thread

How long do you want games in our comps to play out for?

• 5 min halves

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 10 min halves

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • 5 min Pools, 10min Finals

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • 5 min games until final, 10 min final

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CA, when you get a chance could you edit the 1st post, it has my gamertag listed as being the same as my forum name, when my gamertag is actually: Ezeqiel

Just when you get a chance cheers!

TRF name: _ALLE88_
Platform: PS3
Gamertag: Alle1988

I accept the conditions

Competition Format: pools - finals
Preferred team: England
Secondary team: Samoa
Tertiary team: Italy

Shouldn't be too much longer with more details, I've been spending a lot of time on helping with a roster rebuild for others in that particular thread, so will be back on the case with this very soon. :)

Platform: PS3
PSN: ghostsarenotreal

Happy to commit to all rules & regs.

Preferred team: Ireland

Umm, please could Ii please change my choice of teams, please?

Go for it.

Hey everybody, just over 24 hours left to put in an entry. :)

Also, All gamertags and psn id's have been updated on page one, post one.

Those who haven't supplied their three teams probably should, it's just so your opposition should know who to expect you to play as (one of those three), as ANY just makes it a little too open.

A fixture thread for the first week will be going up in the next 2-3 days depending on when I have all information back.

If people aren't online to play their game within the 7 days of the round, they will forfeit the four competition points. So, start getting ready to pay attention to your fixture thread coming soon.

It will outline all finalised comp rules (which will not be overly complicated). :)

Not sure how the team thing is going to work, but I'm revising my picks (if everyone is getting to chose who they play as on a per match basis, I'm damned if I am gonna play as Romania out of choice!)

Anyway, my 3 team choices are: 1. Ireland 2. France 3. Samoa

Had thought we were doing up a RWC comp with the proper groups (or as close as depending on number of players) and everyone playing as just one team?

Colour me confused...

i still think peoples teams should be in bands
like only allower 1 plus 80 ranked team 1 plus 70 and one plus 60
so that say someones 2nd choice is tonga playing someones second choice of oz

hey lads, i think i put my gamertag in a while back and its not up on the list so just to clarify, my Gamertag is: DerpSquadron .... and i don't mind which team i end up with. :D

OH nuts , it seems some fool has forgotten to update his xbox live membership ( uhhmmmm that would be me * facepalm *) so i won't be able to play for a while , also i'm not sure when i'll be able to get it updated , I'll let ya know when i get it back , until then i won't be playing any online games.
cheers

Mine aren't up either, so gonna go for:

1st: Wales
2nd: Italy
3rd: Samoa

How're we planning on sorting who is which team anyway? Like the idea of having them in bands, keeps thing equal. For example would be a bit unfair if me and my opponent both have Wales and Italy as our first 2 choices, so play with our 3rd teams and I have to play Samoa vs Australia

Last edited:
same my teams arent up there either.
The teams i chose are
France
Ireland
Wales

PSN ID ZIPLOCK13 ... im happy playing as whoever , just want to play good opponents ... ENGLAND , Irland , Wales , Argentina ,

Last edited:
When is this going to get started?

I have some put a lot of thought into it. Taken on a lot of feedback and here goes the final competition format.

The way the comp will run:

A fixtures/results thread will be posted very soon.

Round Robin format - (Everyone plays each other twice)

For this first comp it'll 5 min games (as stability and lag can be a greater issue on longer games, this will be reviewed for any further comps)

You can use whatever teams you like but home side gets first pick (check draw for home & away)

After the 2 rounds of the comp, then there will be semi-finals and a final.

There is only the obligation to play one game a week, that should be more than enough to time to arrange fixtures with your drawn opponents via personal message.

The results of each game will be put into the fixtures/results thread.

The points format will be:
Win (4pts)
Draw or inability to connect and get a result (2pts)
Loss Within 7pts (1pt)
Four tries in a game (1pt)
Loss by 8 or more (0 pts)

The reason for overhauling the initial idea of a world cup is that people are too competitive to have a world cup and have some people using Romania, Namibia and Russia. The choice of three teams thing is such that people will often just choose whatever their best team is anyhow.

Why has this been moving so slowly? I've been involved in the squad editing threads, written blogs for the RWC 2011 page on FB, been trying to run four competitions from four different regions on here. There have been several other things going on, but I haven't made much headway of late.

Anyhow, we're nearly there guys. I'm sure you've all had a chance to upskill. :)

Latest posts