Everyone can see there's something special happening

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
in South Africa, and Brendan wants to be a part of it.

Saracens have revealed that Brendan Venter's role within the club will change from Director of Rugby to Technical Director from January 9.

Mark McCall will become Director of Rugby and Andy Farrell will become first team coach.

"Brendan, Anneme and their children are returning to South Africa in January for family reasons and, as a club very much based on family values, we respect their decision and wish them well," said Chairman Nigel Wray, speaking to the Aviva Premiership club's website.

"Mark and Andy will take over the day-to-day running of the team, but Brendan will remain an integral part of the club, as Technical Director, making frequent visits to north London.

"The direction, stability and continuity of the club are unaffected, and we will continue our collective quest to be successful on and off the field, striving to win championships in England and Europe, working hard for our players and staff, their families, our supporters and the broader community.

"We would like to thank Brendan for his outstanding contribution through the past two seasons, establishing a culture of honesty, discipline and work ethic that is now enshrined within the DNA of our club, and we look forward to his continuing involvement in the months and years to come.

"Equally, we are delighted to appoint Mark McCall as Director of Rugby. He has played a crucial role in our recent success and, with his high-level experience at Ulster and Castres, is ideally equipped to maintain this progress. He will lead an outstanding group of coaches, including Andy Farrell, Paul Gustard, Alex Sanderson and Dan Vickers, and Scott Murphy as High Performance Director."

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6541448,00.html

Cherio, cherio, cherio - CHERIO, CHERIO, CHERIO!

Hopefully Eddie Griffiths will follow suit and I can get on with not disliking them anymore.

Is the start of Sarries rise from most-hated-club-in-the-world to not-the-most-hated-club-in-the-world?

What a load of BS. Is he that good to fly him over frequently from SA.
McCall is a good guy to appoint though.

I read something (somewhere) then other day he's off because he thinks the school system here is crap - he may have a point. Speculation and hear-say, but sounds plausible.

That or P Divvy is about to be shown the door.

My guess is it's a quiet departure. He will do this 'role' for few weeks then leave club

Maybe there were whispers, when the Boks were over here, that there'd be a position on their staff soon, so he moved back to be in contention for that?

what the **** is it with south african coaches leaving mid-season? has venter had too much snow or something?

Family reasons - I assume he wants to bring his children up as South Africans and give them a sense of South African identity, and doesn't want to send them off to SA to board.

Lolyy

and lol veux as well, south african identity... if he really wants them to live in a gated community with a barred door between upstairs and downstairs then i suppose moving back would be better for them. maybe his wife just wants a maid to do all the chores.

Latest posts