• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

expanding super 14 to a top 6 finals series

There was the bleating about drop goals, claiming the scrum is dangerous and should be uncontested, wanting hands in the ruck, complaining that union doesn't follow league laws...

At this rate, why not just ditch the round robin league and make it a straight knockout tournament... <_<

That said, the Aussies always whinge to change things in rugby when they're not good enout to get by under the current system.

*coughelvscough*
[/b]
Woah woah woah, don't lump all of us in the same category, the Force haven't complained about any of this stuff that the other useless franchises do....plus we are plenty good enough, good enough to come over to the UK in August and kick your franchises asses. ;)

The ELV's are an IRB idea that are being tested in the SH because we're more receptive to change if it's good for the game. The new laws have nothing to do with Australia

There was the bleating about drop goals, claiming the scrum is dangerous and should be uncontested, wanting hands in the ruck, complaining that union doesn't follow league laws... [/b]
laugh out loud.

Just wait until we play the poms again. We'll be playing the traditional rules and wipe the floor.

In case you haven't noticed, the ELVs are benefiting the more athletic, running rugby teams in the Super 14...namely the Crusaders. And good on them too.

I think lots of NH folk have no idea what the ELVs are all about...

I reckon SH will have to adapt back to the rucking laws. Do you think scrums and rucks will be weaker? because as i understand it a lot of forwards had lost weight because of the 'faster' game.

LOL at any half back that taps at a penalty when the SH teams play the NH lol

LOL at any half back that taps at a penalty when the SH teams play the NH lol [/b]

yeah it wont suprise me the slightest if that happens more than once.

im really enjoying the evls though. parts of it anyway... well the speeding up of the game. im not sure on the point of lightening up the fowards. they still have the option of a scrum, so teams have the choice of having mobile fowards, or a solid pack that will dominate come scrum time. most teams are playing the tap game but time will tell.

as for the finals expanding, at the moment its unnessacary. 4 is find. 8 teams is totaly out of the question, but 6 IS debatable. imo - the super 14 will expand, proberly going to be 5 teams from each of the tri-nations team, at least, and possibly teams with the mention of japan, argentina, samoa, tonga and fiji. but thats another debate for another topic- but when super rugby expands again, a 6 team finals WILL be happening.

At this rate, why not just ditch the round robin league and make it a straight knockout tournament... <_<

That said, the Aussies always whinge to change things in rugby when they're not good enout to get by under the current system.

*coughelvscough* [/b]
Yeah, damned ELVs!! Why did that clearly SH controlled and managed IRB draft and introduce them?!
Oh wait...

<div class='quotemain'> At this rate, why not just ditch the round robin league and make it a straight knockout tournament... <_<

*coughelvscough* [/b]
The original rule changes were actually devised in South Africa I believe. This was under the name Stellenbosch.

What else have we apparently changed, exclusively of course just like the ELVs, to suit ourselves? :) [/b][/quote]

If it was devised in cambridge instead of stellenbosch our NH cousins wouldnt have a thing to say about it.

They would be falling over themselves to jump on board.Its the whole NH vs SH politics which is a load of crap because its getting in the way of *improving* rugby.

I like the idea. Another good idea would be to have a 7 team final series, which would be half of the teams. The #7 team would play the #6 team in a play in game. The winner of the play in would go against the #1 team.

4 teams definately is not very many. Having a 4 team final series doesn't give much room for new and upcoming teams.

4 teams definately is not very many. Having a 4 team final series doesn't give much room for new and upcoming teams. [/b]

Exactly it will give teams finals experience because if a up and coming team somehow manages to knock out Auckland,cantabs and the alike they are lambs to the slaughter because they have no finals experience.

Latest posts