• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugger - TRF pool/League

I have one, my judgment has been dismal this fantasy league, betting on SA scoring big at the start then going for Ireland against Italy and also packing team with Australia trough the middle of group stages.. All were flops on the rounds I've chosen :(

I have one, my judgment has been dismal this fantasy league, betting on SA scoring big at the start then going for Ireland against Italy and also packing team with Australia trough the middle of group stages.. All were flops on the rounds I've chosen :(

I still have 3 so a chance to add a few more points before the end of pool play. Trouble is, for me, and at least you 2, with only 10 more transfers for the finals, it's gonna be pretty much impossible to have a full team for the remainder of the competition. Particularly if there is a big upset in the QFs.

I want to put in the Eng goal kicking 10 for the Uruguay match but people dont seem to know who will kick....

I also made the massive mistake of chosing de Roux. I was tossing up between him and Habana before the USA match... bad call!

I still have 3 so a chance to add a few more points before the end of pool play. Trouble is, for me, and at least you 2, with only 10 more transfers for the finals, it's gonna be pretty much impossible to have a full team for the remainder of the competition. Particularly if there is a big upset in the QFs.

I want to put in the Eng goal kicking 10 for the Uruguay match but people dont seem to know who will kick....

I also made the massive mistake of chosing de Roux. I was tossing up between him and Habana before the USA match... bad call!

Wondering will naholo see much game time after tomorrows match.. Are NMS and Savea the definite starting pair for the knockout games?

Wondering will naholo see much game time after tomorrows match.. Are NMS and Savea the definite starting pair for the knockout games?

Consensus seems to be that the Tonga game is a straight shoot out for the 14 position. Savea sounds like he has locked down the 11. IMO Naholo will have to seriously outshine NMS AND come through the 80 minutes completely injury free. The last game he was off after 50 minutes which would be a risk I dont think the ABs would want to take in a QF. That being said I think Naholo is the preferred option. So I'd rate it as 50 - 50.

It's an interesting one. NMS - barring one dropped ball vs Argentina - really couldn't have done more to secure a spot. But it looks like they are very big Naholo fans and want him to have every shot. That said - Savea has started every game and was probably due a rest, so it's possible the coaches know who their 14 is and we are reading too much into it.

It's an interesting one. NMS - barring one dropped ball vs Argentina - really couldn't have done more to secure a spot. But it looks like they are very big Naholo fans and want him to have every shot. That said - Savea has started every game and was probably due a rest, so it's possible the coaches know who their 14 is and we are reading too much into it.

I'm not sure how they could pick Naholo based on what they have seen so far (one great run, but still looks to be an injury liability + the remainder of that game he looked a little lost and off the pace tbh), so if they have already made a decision then for me it can only be Savea & NMS. I genuinely dont think thats the case though. I reckon its a shoot out based on this game and if Naholo does not impress then the spot will go to NMS.

I'm not sure how they could pick Naholo based on what they have seen so far (one great run, but still looks to be an injury liability + the remainder of that game he looked a little lost and off the pace tbh), so if they have already made a decision then for me it can only be Savea & NMS. I genuinely dont think thats the case though. I reckon its a shoot out based on this game and if Naholo does not impress then the spot will go to NMS.

Based on what i seen so far it will be Savea an NMS on the wings, saw about 70 mins of the match tonight , Naholo hadnt much impact

Based on what i seen so far it will be Savea an NMS on the wings, saw about 70 mins of the match tonight , Naholo hadnt much impact
Barring injury I'd be very suprised if Naholo sees another minute of game time at this RWC.

Barring injury I'd be very suprised if Naholo sees another minute of game time at this RWC.

Are u confident of your boys winning it.. NZ havent been impressive so far but i reckon their keeping plenty in the tank , no point overdoing it in group stage..

Are u confident of your boys winning it.. NZ havent been impressive so far but i reckon their keeping plenty in the tank , no point overdoing it in group stage..

Refer to the 2nd half of the Tongan game, that was us going at half pace, we were clinical and scored the best tries of the tournament, we're going to win it mate.

Refer to the 2nd half of the Tongan game, that was us going at half pace, we were clinical and scored the best tries of the tournament, we're going to win it mate.

Yeah in fairness second half wasnt bad from AB'S tonight.. I reckon ye will win it too.. I think Aus are been a bit over hyped , SA could be NZ'S biggest test

Confident? Absolutely not. IMO there is definately more chance someone else wins it than us. That being said we are the favourites and if I had to bet my life on it, I'd rather be riding the ABs than anyone else. I'm much happier with how we are tracking after todays game than I was before.

This tournament is wide open though. It's hard to rule anyone out at the moment, although I'd say the winner will come from NZ, Australia, SA or Ireland.

Gidday! Yeah well done! For sure, a long way to go and certainly very tight, particularly the top 4.

How many transfers do you have left? I'm down to 4 now!

Ive got a couple left now, made a few bad decision with my initial team so Ive had to tread carefully. Foley also has caused me a bit of havoc in my private leagues last weekend!!

I've really enjoyed this espn game so far, even if it's taken quite a bit of thinking!

Ive got a couple left now, made a few bad decision with my initial team so Ive had to tread carefully. Foley also has caused me a bit of havoc in my private leagues last weekend!!

I've really enjoyed this espn game so far, even if it's taken quite a bit of thinking!

Congrats on the minor premiership mate!! I only just realised we have unlimetd transfers before the knock-outs. Probably wouldnt have changed much, but I thought our team just roled over until the next round, hence my comment a few days back. ANyway 3 points in it ;) Gonna have to devise a strategy to catch up!

Interesting how there are no other SH guys within coeey of the top 10 (Edit, sorry didnt notice the SA flag) and only 2 Kiwis 2 SAs and 1 Argentinian in the top 20 in our league. Is that because fantasy is way more popular up North? or is it because us SH folk dont know much about all the NH teams?

Last edited:
Interesting how there are no other SH guys within coeey of the top 10 (Edit, sorry didnt notice the SA flag) and only 2 Kiwis 2 SAs and 1 Argentinian in the top 20 in our league. Is that because fantasy is way more popular up North? or is it because us SH folk dont know much about all the NH teams?

Having kicked around this forum for a couple of years now, I'd say that the trouble is that few of your countrymen could pick a side that only featured three Kiwis!

Having kicked around this forum for a couple of years now, I'd say that the trouble is that few of your countrymen could pick a side that only featured three Kiwis!
Haha, yup. I'm first to admit I dont know much about the NH players. I pay very little attention at all as to what goes on up there other than cross-over internationals!

That being said, fantasy is 50% strategy, 30% player knowledge and 20% luck IMO! You can get by without knowing the players well.

Round 4

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-12%20at%2015.38.58.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-12%20at%2015.39.19.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-12%20at%2015.39.36.png

YOU NOW HAVE UNLIMITED TRANSFERS UNTIL SATURDAY KICK OFF - AFTER THAT YOU WILL HAVE 10 TRANSFERS FOR THE REST OF THE COMPETITION

Darn it, I was only 7 points or so away from winning the signed Irish jersey for the QF round. I think if I'd taken Nonu instead of C Smith I would have won :(

Latest posts