• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fastest players

Tadginator

Academy Player
Country Flag
Former Soviet Union
Club or Nation
Leeds Rhinos
Who do you think is the fastest in each countries squads and who do you think is fastest overall?
Just curious to see opinions and also even some facts about their speeds.

Declared the fastest player in the England elite player squad during testing last summer (4.82 seconds over 40 metres), Sharples scored 18 tries in 25 starts for Gloucester last season and while four more this term does not suggest he is in the hottest form, his undoubted talents are unlikely to be ignored by Lancaster and co.

So Charlie Sharples for England, although Jonny May (also playing for Gloucester) is reported to be even faster.

Not the faintest clue about the other countries although in the forwards Faletau, Croft and Ferris are all ​fast

keith earls is the fastest in the irish squad hes also said to be the best finisher, not 100% sure about that last part with the likes of tommy bowe and zebo floating about

age old question of fastest over 40 or 100. Looking at the England squad you'd have to say someone out of Strettle, Sharples, with Foden & Simpson in contention for the shorter distances. But realistically no idea, there's nobody like Monye around who's been a representative youth level sprinter or anything, so who knows. Anyone who runs 100 in under 11s is GAS.

Sean Maitland, Jackson Ormond, Sherwin Stowers or Joe Rokocoko (when he was in NZ) would have been the quickest at a guess. Rokocoko was still lightening quick in 2011, but he just never seemed to get in a position to use it (mainly cause he was always put on the right wing where he is average).

In Australia I would say it is Rod Davies, in South Africa Jongi Nokwe, in England Ugo Monye.

Sean Maitland, Jackson Ormond, Sherwin Stowers or Joe Rokocoko (when he was in NZ) would have been the quickest at a guess. Rokocoko was still lightening quick in 2011, but he just never seemed to get in a position to use it (mainly cause he was always put on the right wing where he is average).

In Australia I would say it is Rod Davies, in South Africa Jongi Nokwe, in England Ugo Monye.

Check your forum there lad.

I know England time their squad over 40m and the top three are Sharples, Strettle and Simpson (in that order).

I think 40m is more relevant than 100m. The NFL has always used "40 yard dash" times as their comparative.

I've not seen any info on any of the other 6N squads so it would only be informed guessing.

Running a 40m test is one thing. Running with ball in hand is quite different.

Latest posts