Favorite International player

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Dartfordian, Oct 27, 2004.

1. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Bryan Habana

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. lwkfella1991

lwkfella1991 Guest

fav australian player drew mitchell
    my fav international player is gonzalo tiesi

4. RC

RC Guest

Shane Williams and Gavin Henson.

I also enjoy watching Matt Giteau at work. Habana's also fun to watch. Dan Carter's a good one. Chabal's intriguing. Michelak's an enigma. I used to enjoy watching O'Gara and hearing how many times the commentators would say the words "2nd best fly half in the world" - what a joke.

5. Boggle

Boggle Guest

I love watching Jean De villiers, especially when he does his trademark intercepting.

used to love watching Breyton Paulse too, was an awesome finnisher (plus he had that awesome celebration ), I have to admit that watching Carter on form is also absolutely wonderful, he manages to do some things from time to time that just blows your mind.

6. Flux

Flux Guest

My favourite player is Conrad Smith. I like him because he plays his position the way it used to be played. He's an amazing distributor, and he just glides into gaps and before you know it he's in space. His try against the British and Irish Lions in the third test in 2005, the try he set-up versus Ireland this year (when he got outside of BOD) and the try he set-up for Tony Woodcock in the final 3N test was Smith at his best. His reactions to tries (for and against him) are also pretty entertaining.

Another player I love watching is Joe Rokocoko. I think him, Sitivatu and Carter are the only three players in the All Blacks set-up that can create something out of nothing on attack. However, Sitivatu is prone to drifting in and out of games, whereas Rokocoko has a high work rate. Everyone's always bigging up Carter, so there's no point in doing that again. The try he scored against Wales in '04 when from halfway where he bet about three to four players is probably right up there with my favourite tries of all time.

7. cyRil

cyRil Guest

Luke McAlister
    Richard Kahui
    Ma'a Nonu
    Conrad Smith

Can you tell I'm a centre? :p

8. RC

RC Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 8 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Wait, you mean offensively, yeah? Becuase the man is certainly not anything to write home about defensively.

9. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Dont really have one at the moment!

It was Os Du Rant, Peter Rodgers, Ollie Le Roux (at his pomp for SA) and Neil Jenkins!

10. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 8 2008, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No, because the best one in the world is not on your list... :p

11. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 8 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    So Gavin Henson goes without saying, then? -__-

12. cyRil

cyRil Guest

Gav is my favourite player in the world ever x a gazillion lol!!!!!!11!!!!oneone!!1!!
    And I guess I could stick De Villiers in there somewhere... (That is who you were getting at, right?)

PS: I knew the bloody Saffas would get me for not picking him!! :p

13. Haysie

Haysie Guest

JDV
    Shane Williams
    Matt Giteau
    Clinton Schifcoske

14. cyRil

cyRil Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Oct 10 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ............Wut? :mellow:

15. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 10 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ............Wut? :mellow:
    [/b][/quote]

He played for the Reds last year and now plays for Ulster.

16. cyRil

cyRil Guest

I know dear, my 'wut' was meant as in 'he's ****'.

17. Haysie

Haysie Guest

And a hearty "Sit Shane Williams on the bloody bench" to you too mate :p
    I like the way he plays and kicks, although I guess this IS "Favourite INTERNATIONAL player".

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!