• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fekitoa set to make Tonga switch.

Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Down GIF

Would that then make him eligible to play for Tonga in the 15's?

Fair play to him. Easily young enough to represent Tonga well in 2023.

I'm over worrying about stuff like this, it's not going to suddenly make Tonga world beaters, if makes their games against tier one team more competitive then all good

I don't like this route because it discriminates against the fat lads who can't play sevens.
Didn't stop Steffan threatening to exploit it to become French.

Of course, he backed down immediately when the RFU called his bluff

I'm over worrying about stuff like this, it's not going to suddenly make Tonga world beaters, if makes their games against tier one team more competitive then all good
What was the worry in the first place?

I honestly don't understand how anyone can be in favour of things like this

No one put a gun to his head to play for, and win a world cup with, the all blacks

No one put a gun to his head to play for, and win a world cup with, the all blacks

True.
But I also think that you have to look at the world differently in these situations.

Tonga GDP per person is $5,000
11 years ago when Fekitoa was 18 it was $3.3K.
Back then it was unheard of players making these massive amounts. Hell the 2003 rugby World Cup a large chunk of the pacific island teams were amateurs.
No one forced him too but the economic pressures shouldn't be underestimated.

True but I've come around to bugger it this is a game

What was the worry in the first place?
worry might not be the right word…care might be better, I probably would it it was a tier one nation

Representative two different countries is just stupid. If anything this rule will encourage more people to take that quick New Zealand cap rather than wait and see.

I just can't get my head around the current international teams that are slowly becoming a farce and now this.

Representative two different countries is just stupid. If anything this rule will encourage more people to take that quick New Zealand cap rather than wait and see.

I just can't get my head around the current international teams that are slowly becoming a farce and now this.
For pacific islanders It wont change their decision at all. A pretty easy decision to make your village far richer than its ever been.

Nobody waits and sees if their PI country is going to call them up if the abs offer you a cap, name anyone that's turned down an ab cap?

How would anyone know if someone had turned down a cap? They don't announce it live on tv do they?
they do, lots of all blacks only find they've made the squad when its announced, Brad thorn had to publicly make himself available for the ABs because he was thinking about going back to league and didn;t feel he'd earned his spot, Liam squire publicly turned down a spot because he didn't feel his mental health was right for the extra workload

Latest posts