• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA 09

I have never scored with a direct free kick....scored a few times with a pass and shot though....

Free kicks are for those professional guys eh....

good goal bokke
yes kaf - i was surprised as anyone to see aloisi score a goal like that - on the flip side, an A-league keeper was present too

There's an easy(ish) way of scoring from a free kick that was in 08. If your kicker has a high enough curve rating then you can (with precision timing and on the correct foot) curve it over the wall and under the crossbar in the near corner. eg. when aiming hold diagonal up/left while aiming directly at the keep and your aiming is 9 times out of 10 spot on. You just need to focus on the power... Easy scoring most of the time. It's all I can count on in World Class lol...

kaf is correct
the problem i have is that in 2009 - its even easier - the curve is bullshit, with world class kickers, u can bend it over the wall and into the ground almost

I know. It must be physically impossible to make the ball topspin like that. But meh... It does look cool. I'll give EA that.

Ha ha true. But it does look good and I never get tired of cracking one in from a free kick. Really starting to get into the finer aspects of Fifa. It is a pretty good sim sports ***le.

Only if alot of mates have it. Have not played 08 so can't give you the differences unfortunately.

It's way better than 08 mate. Having said that, it was me who recommended PES08 to you so....

i dont think its better than 2008
its my opinion, thats all
in 2009 - really ******* me off is the way the ball floats
cant get in any long bombs, unless its a free kick with the stupid curve n spin in 09
i have yet to see any genuine bombs from outside the box in general play...i blame the way the ball travels in the air - floats too much

I'd agree in part to AK... The general physics of the ball is disappointing. In saying that, I am yet to see a soccer game that has got it just right. I don't believe it is much worse than 08 in terms of ball physics though tbh.

Overall I think the game is more fluid, and players tend to feel a lot more responsive and controllable with the ball. I am no longer afraid to throw in a step over or two. Trick moves still need a lot of improving. They are still quite pointless to use. I like how now you can just manualy stop and drag the ball back to beat a defender, then chip said defender with a through ball as the d-line stops with me and turns around while my striker sprints on to the ball...(my signature move) 08 was nowhere near as responsive as that.

If you bring yourself to turn all the manual settings on (except shooting. Put that on semi) and play on broadcast. Every goal feels like a reward. Like you really earned it.

yeah if u dont put shooting to semi u might aswell play with a ball magnet on the post
i agree also its more fluid, but to me ball physics is epically important
off the ball 2009 shines
on the ball - i prefer 2008
is broadcast the default cam?
i fiddled with the hight and zoom of the default camera - its too my liking now

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 4 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah if u dont put shooting to semi u might aswell play with a ball magnet on the post
i agree also its more fluid, but to me ball physics is epically important
off the ball 2009 shines
on the ball - i prefer 2008
is broadcast the default cam?
i fiddled with the hight and zoom of the default camera - its too my liking now[/b]

In 07, if just at the top of the box, hold down L1 and get max curve around the wall with full power to score every time. also works in 09 but havent as yet tried 09 on a ps3 only ps2.

Latest posts