• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa World Cup Russia 2018

It does seem a bit petty from Real Madrid, ensuring that they're part of one of the biggest stories in the competition. It's like they couldn't handle not being the biggest deal in football for a month. It's still woefully naive from the coach though.

Over the past 10 years I've lost interest in football. I'll watch it if there's a game on but I won't go out of my way to be in for a game like I do with the rugby. Of course, I'll take an interest in England's games and will be pleased if we get out of the group stages, but I won't hold my breath.

You mean one of the 9 countries on the list? If so, which one?
1950's world cup didn't have a final.

It was 4 groups, winner of each group qualified for a final group where all played each other. Whoever had more points won.
The fact that Uruguay played Brazil last is anecdotal and only adds to the misconception. There was no final.

It was 4 groups, winner of each group qualified for a final group where all played each other. Whoever had more points won.
The fact that Uruguay played Brazil last is anecdotal and only adds to the misconception. There was no final.
That's very interesting, I didn't know that. Wonder why they did that?

Just remembered another interesting anecdote about WC finals. 1930, Argentina and Uruguay reach the final and they realize they had both been playing each of the previous rounds with their own balls, which weren't exactly the same. They couldn't agree on which ball to use, so they compromised one half with each ball. Arg had their ball first half (which we won 2-1) and Uruguay had their ball on the second half (wich they won 3-0), resulting in 4-2 for Uruguay.

1950 doesn't get the credit it deserves. Brazil vs Uruguay is arguably the Ali vs Foreman of football.
Everything, every-bloody-thing about that game is a storyteller's wet dream.

One of the questions is wrong.

You mean one of the 9 countries on the list? If so, which one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_FIFA_World_Cup_final_round

Yeah, but Brazil finished runners up in the final group. i think we can treat that final game as the final for the purposes of the quiz, even though it was not "technically" the World Cup final.

One half ot the teams I support at this world cup plays tonight at 8PM South African time against the Portuguese. After the coaching troubles that Spain has had I really hope they can overcome their first big obstacle in Portugal, win this game and they only have to worry about the round of 16.

Tomorrow Argentina plays Iceland, Iceland made a lot of fans with their performances in the Euros as since Russia is relatively close to Iceland I would hope many of their supporters would be in attendance to do that Viking clap. Any case Argentina has to win this game to probably show that they are over that 6-1 drubbing by Spain, If Spain doesn't win the cup then I really hope Argentina takes it, so that Messi can finaly shut up those last few critics. He doesn't need to win the world cup to be considered the best of all time but it would certainly help his aura. Please everyone just make sure that Portugal does not win this cup , I wont be able to stand the next 15 years of Madrid and Portugal supporters ranting about how good Ronaldo is and how bad Messi is in comparison.

Germany play Mexico on Sunday so would be interesting to see how the two teams perform judging by how both teams prepared for this game, Germany by hard training and Mexico by orgying in a brothel with over 30 prostitutes.

The stadium attendance doesn't look too bad, but this also isn't exactly one of the smallest games, Egypt and Uruguay are both quality.

Isnt this game played at that weird stadium?4506FE4100000578-4947998-image-a-69_1507117081864.jpg

The stadium attendance doesn't look too bad, but this also isn't exactly one of the smallest games, Egypt and Uruguay are both quality.

Isnt this game played at that weird stadium?View attachment 6069
Couldn't tell you, only saw it for 2mins earlier. Watched Spain v Ronaldo there, the tournament would do to have a better game than that, great stuff.

First impressions.
VAR is useless. Utterly useless.
I thought Spain had a couple of outstanding moments but other than that, meh.

My take on the goals
1-0 Stupid mistake. In the strictest of senses, it was a penalty. Problem with that line of argument is that if that is a penalty every single contact would be too.
1-1 Comedy of errors. 1st, that's YC for Costa. Two dirty thugs beating each other so entertaining to people who don't care who wins. After that, terrible defense by portugal. they had 2 defenders covering him and, without going past them he shoots. I'd be livid at them if i were the coach. I cannot believe someone with Pepe's experience got fooled like that.
2-1 Another stupid mistake. It happens, but the time and place weren't quite convenient.
2-2 My U12 coach would make me run 10 laps if he caught me defending like that.
2-3 This one was another thing. Beautiful. It was a very, very difficult shot and he nailed it.
3-3 I was watching and said out loud: "impossible for him to score". He generally needs more distance given his power, but he changed his style and it worked. I think de Gea got fooled (i guess most people were too). I speculate that if de Gea wouldn't have been convinced Ronaldo will do his usual shot he would have caught it.

T

Germany play Mexico on Sunday so would be interesting to see how the two teams perform judging by how both teams prepared for this game, Germany by hard training and Mexico by orgying in a brothel with over 30 prostitutes.

Ok so since Germany lost to Mexico we can confirm that it is in fact better preparation for the Football world cup by having orgies with Mexican prostitutes.

I guess they didn't learn from Chile's lesson (Sanchez telling the story to his grand kid about how he was part of the team that won the world cup)

Now you've got billboards all over south america saying "watch the world cup like Arturo Vidal. Buy a Samsung".

Latest posts