• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA08 out in Aussie today.

I see some of the TRF’s playing Halo, which I wanna get in and play with yas, but with FIFA still on the rise of appreciation, I wont be putting Halo back in for a while.

<div class='quotemain'>
What teams are in FIFA? Have Holland finally made the cut?
[/b]

Yes Holland are in it

Graphics and Commentary are quite good. Gameplay is good overall, though i cant seem to control through passes and penalties properly, maybe im just not used to FIFA controls. There's a lot less team customization in FIFA, than under PES. And also I hate the menu (PC version), navigation is ****, it takes too long to choose a team, edit stats etc.
[/b][/quote]

Oh i just realised the Holland squad is messed up, but you can use international selection to choose the players you want

I haven't had a chance to play new PES yet, but from what I hear, it's a lot faster than fifa. I think that EA has got the pacing just right this year, especially regarding acceleration, turning etc - you can create space just with good running of the ball, use of the pace control and even just stopping.

I'm also starting to REALLY appreciate the quality of the skills system this year. You can change the pace of the game completely when you've built up a move and have your players circling the box like vultures before giving it to your most skillful midfielder who (even from a stationary position) can use a few stepovers and skills to confuse the defender, before launching off to one side and delivering a pinpoint cross.

The whole system feels really intuitive, and I've had some great moments with it. The highlight so far has been when I was Ronaldinho and had a ball coming to me at waist height, which I flicked up over my head and that of the defender behind me, before spinning and going past him. Pure class.

I've also now had the chance to try the manager mode, and whilst it's nothing on the likes of Madden's franchise mode, there are some nice touches, and it's mainly there for building a fantasy squad with your favourite team. Simple but fun.

All in all I can thoroughly recommend this game - whether or not it beats pro evo for me remains to be seen, but it's a very worthy purchase in its own right. It may frustrate some people with the difficulty, but it certainly rewards skill and perseverance (especially if you set through balls and shooting to fully manual).

anyone know of any mod sites for fifa? i just got this yesterday and it was class.

started off being a manager of the Phoenix. First had to get friendly games. Picked the LA Galaxy thinking oh yeah they will decline (not like in real life loL) but they accepted. Picked a couple of A League teams then a European team that declined. Thought cool. And went had a look around and played my first match.

LA Galaxy vs Phoenix. First half a free kick to Beckham and that was it. Second half, 3 free kicks to becham 4-0 in my first game. i didnt think i was too bad.

Stuffed up a bit on training and got my team really tired for the next match. It will be alot of trial and error before i bring my way through it. Its good fun though. After i played my 3 warm up matches and started my season i decided to save and try create a player.

Created myself with mega stats and started another season as the phoenix, to see how i went. I sucked :) i still scored a few goals though so that was cool. I just want to be able to edit it and I am sure there are people out there that have already done it so i dont want to reinvent the wheel.

goign off rugby for a bit, too sad, put my effort into tryign to make the phoenix the best team in the league :)

sweet, i found the soccergaming one last night, but didnt really have that much time to look at it, i just wanted to play lol :)

but cheers dude.

broke my first controller since jonah lomu on ps1 last night

thanks to fifa08 - i need to fork out another $55.00

this game brings out the best and worse

i banged my controller on the hard flooy many times...felt it give....then i proceeded to rip apart from the bottom...i now have a gaping hole....it still works and i got rid of the rattling as the gaping hole is now an exit for any loose parts inside.

i can only play this game for an hour 1 night, before i have turned into a raging bull ready to kill someone.

i banged my controller on the hard flooy many times...felt it give....then i proceeded to rip apart from the bottom...i now have a gaping hole....it still works and i got rid of the rattling as the gaping hole is now an exit for any loose parts inside.

i can only play this game for an hour 1 night, before i have turned into a raging bull ready to kill someone.
[/b]
You need medication mate...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
You need medication mate... [/b][/quote]

i have mary jane by my side all the time

nothing can stop rage from a penalty giving on a sliding defender - when ur controlling the keeper using Y button, thus i havent hit b button to justify the sliding tackle - i lose 1 nil

RATM i tell yas

sweet, i found the soccergaming one last night, but didnt really have that much time to look at it, i just wanted to play lol :)

but cheers dude. [/b]

np mate happy to help out.

man this game sounds awesome and it has the A-league for the first time how good is that. will defintely be getting this soon on some platform.

<div class='quotemain'> sweet, i found the soccergaming one last night, but didnt really have that much time to look at it, i just wanted to play lol :)

but cheers dude. [/b]

np mate happy to help out.

man this game sounds awesome and it has the A-league for the first time how good is that. will defintely be getting this soon on some platform.
[/b][/quote]
Get them on the next gen consoles, can't be beaten, the previous gen including PC versions are basically FIFA 07...

thats nice and all if you have a next gen console, i have to wait til after my holiday to the states to be able to do that.

My options at the moment are pc&wii. I might get it on the wii just so I can play on my nice big 46" tv or possibly on a ps3 with my next pay cheque at the end of october if I can wait that long/money doesn't go elsewhere

Surprised people actually say it's good. Most people calling it Fifa 07 imitation.

thats nice and all if you have a next gen console, i have to wait til after my holiday to the states to be able to do that.
[/b]
I got my 360 for free on a mobile phone plan :p

Surprised people actually say it's good. Most people calling it Fifa 07 imitation. [/b]

there is a massive difference on current gen and next gen, and pc

all i know is that x360 is where its at - best football game ever

i cant say enough, not only is online lag free, and an absolute great game, the depth of single player is huge

manager mode, challenge mode....its endless

but i always go online......for me if a game is lag free, its the closest level playing field, and fifa08 is not only an awesome imitation of soccer/football, but also lag free online experience no matter who you play and where they live.

in fifa08 i have had 2 games out of 70+ with bad lag......in pro evo 2006.......i had 2 lag free games out of 30...i only played about 30 on pes06, cause i wont play with lag.

AK mate, it's just as good on the PS3 baby! Although I'm not paying to play it online!!!!!

Yes, lag-free ain't the only free for us PS3 users!

yeah man - i heard ps3 and x360 is the versions to get

but i heard online ps3 is user free also :p :p :p

lol, you heard wrong......there's always at least five people keen.

Seriously though, it's not a problem now. Lots of users for any game worth playing. Thats more of the problem though :p

Latest posts