• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA08 out in Aussie today.

anyone been playing the manager mode?

I have almost done a season as the phoenix. I just needed to finish the top half of the competition and after the first half of the season i was last. Now i am getting used to it and i am running second almost at the end of the season. Anyone got any tips and stuff? I am about to up the level, it gets that way once i start winning 6-8 goals to nil. Ill wait til the start of the next season before i do that.

whats with the match xp? is there anyway to use the xp points? or do they automatically get used on the players? how does it work? anyone know? i cant seam to find information anywhere.

i have no idea what the difference between 360 and pc are. i didnt play 07 so i have been out of the loop. but i am enjoying this one very much.

whats with the match xp? is there anyway to use the xp points? or do they automatically get used on the players? how does it work? anyone know? i cant seam to find information anywhere.

i have no idea what the difference between 360 and pc are. i didnt play 07 so i have been out of the loop. but i am enjoying this one very much.
[/b]
PC and 360 are completely different games, better graphics, better game system, it's hard to explain when you play it....

The XP can be used in the team management tab (I think) and then under player growth...I usually just set it to auto anyway coz I'm lazy :)

Exp points is like player growth

u can upgrade ur staff, to increase the amount of exp points players get in matches, thus upping the overall growth of the team

u can set it manually, and do it yourself, or auto

Sydney FC were 2.5 stars when i got the game

in my 4th season of manager mode - now 3.5 stars, and came runner-up twice in a row, so i am due for the big one next season

excellent thanks guys. i think mine must be on automatic, or if it is on manual then none of the points are being allocated as they potential and start in the growth screen are the same. ill have to have a look at my settings.

ill probably get a 360 and this around the 09 eddition lol

excellent thanks guys. i think mine must be on automatic, or if it is on manual then none of the points are being allocated as they potential and start in the growth screen are the same. ill have to have a look at my settings.
[/b]
I think that by your description that it is set on manual and that all your points would just be sitting there ready to be allocated....

woosaah - if you have over 3000 exp points to allocate its on manual

i find on auto it never passes 3000, as they use the allocation and the 3000 sitting in the pool is unallocated exp points, due to the cost of the next level for each individual player..if it goes past this, nothing is being allocated which means, your team is not reaching its full potential until YOU go in and allocate the points to stats

i did it for a bit, but there is too much to do, i just auto it now, and my team progressing nicely behind the scenes in certain areas

yeah i had a look at this, i dont know if i am looking at the right place but they dont seam to get any more than 100xp points each.

i cant even find anywhere to change it from manual to automatic or anything in manager mode.

i cant even find anywhere to change it at all. I also cant seam to find much info on the pc version anywhere but ill keep looking. i cant look while i am at work as this is pretty much the only site i can get to that has gaming information :)

but thanks anyway guys.

I'll get you the answer when I get home from work, I have both the PC version and 360 version but only played the PC one once and then put it away coz of my dissappointment :)

well I couldn't wait any longer so went and bought the pc version online at the ea store. Will finish downloading it tonight/tomorrow. then I shall figure out the basic controls then jump into manager mode proabbly as the phoneix. Like woosaah been out of the fifa loop for a wee bit but really looking forward to giving 08 a bash.

to tell you the truth I have been extremely dissapointed with the EA Studios for making such a appauling game. To me, it looks like FIFA 07 with updates scoresheets and the Be A Pro mode.

Absolute Shocking to say the least.

I cannot believe this. downloaded it twice from the ea store and both times I have a corrupt group2.cab file which means the install fails. I extracted the .cab using winrar and it seems dataaudiodat_mex_big is the corrupt file. so yeah I am not downloading anything through ea store again worst experince I have had trying to play a game. I am now downloading the demo to either steal the .cab file from there or to install the full game over the top of it.

I cannot believe this. downloaded it twice from the ea store and both times I have a corrupt group2.cab file which means the install fails. I extracted the .cab using winrar and it seems dataaudiodat_mex_big is the corrupt file. so yeah I am not downloading anything through ea store again worst experince I have had trying to play a game. I am now downloading the demo to either steal the .cab file from there or to install the full game over the top of it.
[/b]
EA is the devil, you can't trust them for anything...just buy the hard copy of the game...

well I might have to but I would like to get this going since I did spend $80 on it. I'll talk to their support about changing it to a physcial cd version if I can't get it to work by playing around with the demo files etc.

Glad to say played my first TRF Fifa 08 game just before, was holding the experienced AK47(Kulch) to nil-all until my crappy NZ broadband lost it's connection...

Round 2 saw Kulch get a good shot in, and me yet to finish anything serious on goal, 1-0 it ended. With a little over 24 hours in the bank since getting it, I'm pleased I didn't embarass myself lol :p.

Look forward to meeting other fellow TRF'ers in a showdown or 3.

PS - Do we have a league set up?

yeah mate was a good show from you who havent had the game more than a day

i'll be back on tonight, i gotto pull something out special to keep you at bay as u get more experienced

Lol nice. Cool, look forward to more games.

Played a Yank who reckoned he was playing high, and was wondering why I couldn't beat him. Was 0-0 went to penalties, which he won after taking a hit on his bong, put it up to mic for me to hear, then proceeded to giggle at each penalty he got, and I missed...

Latest posts