• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIJI Trials

J

Juggernaut

Loose head props - Graham Dewes, Alefoso Yalayalatabua, Tiko Matawalu, Apisai Turukawa;

Hookers - Sunia Koto, Vereniki Sauturaga, Viliame Gadolo, Navi Bolatagici;

Tight head props - Sikeli Gavidi, Henry Qiodravu, Jone Railomo, Alfred Vusonitokalau;

Locks - Ifereimi Rawaqa, Isoa Domolailai, Kele Leawere, Langi Peters, Wame Lewaravu, Jone Qovu;

Blindside flankers - Semisi Naevo, Apolosi Satala, Rupeni Nasiga, Netani Talei, Derek Thomas;

Open side flankers - Aca Ratuva, Akapusi Qera, Samuela Kunanitu, Sam Tabua, Dale Tonawai;

Number 8 - Sisa Koyamaibole, Tomasi Soqeta, Ro Alivereti Doviverata, Peni Tokakece, Sakiusa Matadigo;

Half backs - Mosese Rauluni, Jone Daunivucu, Seveci Taka, Vitori Buatava;

Fly halves - Nicky Little, Waisea Luveniyali, Sisa Waqa, Jonetani Ralulu;

Inside Centres - Seremaia Bai, Seru Rabeni, Julian Vulakoro, Gabrieli Lovobalavu, Dan Baleinadogo;

Outside centres - Kameli Ratuvou, Maleli Kunavore, Vereniki Goneva, Epeli Ruivadra, Viliame Satala;

Wingers - Filimoni Bolavucu, Michael Tagicakibau, Isoa Neivua, Mosese Luveitasau, Isireli Bobo, Fero Lasagavibau, Vilimoni Delasau;

Fullbacks - Norman Ligairi, Taniela Rawaqa, Marika Vakacegu, Vesito Rauluni.

NB: Underlined are the names of the 30 players I would take to France based on their current form and experience.

I hope Nicky Little, Viliame Satala, Doviverata, & Delasau dont make the team. They're old, and a hindarance to the growth of Fiji rugby.

I can't believe that fero lasagavibau is still playing, would of been great to see marika vunibaka or Aisea tuilevu, they would of added great expirience to fiji

I can't believe that fero lasagavibau is still playing, would of been great to see marika vunibaka or Aisea tuilevu, they would of added great expirience to fiji [/b]

Vunibaka has retired from International rugby and Tuilevu...like the others mentioned above is OLD and slow. He's still around but is now coaching his provincial team in Fiji. Besides the young guns named in the trials have so much more to offer than him.

Fero Lasagavibau, although old is still playing good rugby in France thus his inclusion but I doubt he'll make the team.

No William Ryder? Would have been interedting to see how he fared, I'm sure most Fiji supporters wouldn't have wanted to see him there though, defence is just abysmal.

I'm sure he would have created some havoc in attack though! Then again, mayb the field would be too crowded for him to impress.

A pity Caucau isn't there, he doesn't deserve to be, just a pity he hasn't got the mindset to be a proffessional athlete.

Other than that, some good players in the squad, but why so many?? Half of them are gonna have to go in just over a month.

Ryder would be carved up in 15's hell he gets carved up badly in 7's on defence. maybe in a few years once he grows a bit but at the moment he is way too small physically and doesn't have the tackling technique either.

Wat about Sireli Naqelevuki? He waz a real prospect for fiji before he got done for smoking the ganja. I still have hopes though unlikely Caucau will play for Fiji at the rwc.

Wat about Sireli Naqelevuki? He waz a real prospect for fiji before he got done for smoking the ganja. I still have hopes though unlikely Caucau will play for Fiji at the rwc. [/b]

Yes, I was surprised also with the exclusion of Naqelevuki but he hasnt been playing any 15s game to be warranted a place in the trials....plus the fact he ignored directions given by FRU officials to forego playing 7s for Fiji and play in the Pacific Rugby Cup & Pacific Nations Cup.

The Possibles & Probables squad have been named with the trials this Thursday...with the final squad for France named on Friday, so stay tuned folks.

Probables:
1. Graham Dewes, 2. Sunia Koto, 3. Henry Qiodravu, 4. Iferemi Rawaqa, 5. Wame Lewaravu, 6. Netani Talei, 7. Akapusi Qera, 8. Alifereti Doviverata, 9. Jone Daunivucu, 10. Waisea Luveniyali, 11. Filimone Bolavucu, 12. Gabriele Lovobalavu, 13. Maleli Kunavore, 14. Sireli Bobo, 15. Norman Ligairi.

Replacements: Navi Bolatagici, Tiko Matawalu, Kini Salabogi, Deryck Thomas, Vitori Buatava, Jonetani Ralulu, Vesi Rauluni, Peni Tokakece, Sisa Koyamaibole, Vereniki Goneva

Possibles:
1. Alefoso Yalayalatabua, 2. Vereniki Sauturaga, 3. Jone Railomo, 4. Isoa Domolailai, 5. Jone Qovu, 6. Rupeni Nasiga, 7. Aca Ratuva, 8. Tomasi Soqeta, 9. Mosese Rauluni, 10. Nicky Little, 11. Isoa Neivua, 12. Seremaia Bai, 13. Kameli Ratuvou, 14. Mosese Luveitasau, 15. Marika Vakacegu

Replacements: Bill Gadolo, Apisai Turukawa, Apolosi Satala, Dale Tonawai, Seveci Taka, Dan Baleinadogo, Taniela Rawaqa, Samu Kunanitu, Filimoni Delasau, Fero Lasagavibau

Not considered because of injury are Seru Rabeni, Semisi Naevo, Kele Leawere, Epeli Ruivadra & Samu Tabua but they have had their assessment done by the coaching staff.

what is fidji? [/b]
You seem to be feeling like being a pedantic prick today :p ...I wholeheartedly encourage it!
cpp.jpg