• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIJI vs Wales

J

Juggernaut

Sireli Bobo is in the squad after replacing the injured Bolavucu. :bana:

hope he starts ahead of Delasau.
I would like to see Fiji name the same lineup against Canada but with Bobo starting.

FIJI all the way.

fiji wont have enough in the tank to beat wales

im saying

wales 45

fiji 16

Wales team to face Fiji:

01 Gethin Jenkins
02 Mathew Rees
03 Chris Horseman
04 Alun-Wyn Jones
05 Ian Evans
06 Colin Charvis
07 Martyn Williams
08 Alix Popham

09 Dwayne Peel
10 Stephen Jones
11 Shane Williams
12 James Hook
13 Tom Shanklin
14 Mark Jones
15 Gareth Thomas

16 T Rhys Thomas
17 Duncan Jones
18 Ian Gough
19 Michael Owen
20 Mike Phillips
21 Jason Robinson
22 Dafydd James

Very happy with the team selected, proberly the strongest team we've been able to pick so far. We finally get to see the comination in second row of Alun-Wyn Jones and Ian Evans which I can't wait for.

I would have preberly started Phillips infront of Peel for this game, Phillips went well last week and is exceptional at exploiting any gaps around rucks. The only other slight concern I have is if Gareth Thomas get's injured, who's the cover for full back?

Wales by 15-20.

Erm...that's your main concern?

I got a MASSIVE concern!!!

Why the ex-wigan, currently injured, England player on the bench for us?!

Should be an absolute classic of a game. Not very often that you get 2 sides with such similar styles playing against each other.

Both teams love the wide open spaces. Both teams thrive on the counter-attack. Both teams love to throw caution to the wind, and the ball to the wingers. And both sets of forwards actually prefer to make some passes, instead of crashing into the nearest defender.

I reckon that Wales will be too strong up front, with their tight 5 being more dominant, especially at the lineouts. Picking Wales to get the lion`s share of possession, and to dominate the match accordingly. But both teams will be very entertaining to watch!

:huh: I hope Fiji can take advantage of the miss matches against # 8 Alix Popham, James Hook, Tom Shanklin and Garet Thomas..

:cheers: Williams vs Bobo :cheers: ....We shall finally see them match up against each other. :D

:huh: I hope Fiji can take advantage of the miss matches against # 8 Alix Popham, James Hook, Tom Shanklin and Garet Thomas..

:cheers: Williams vs Bobo :cheers: ....We shall finally see them match up against each other. :D

[/b]

You're not serious, are you?? Those players you named are some of the best in the business, especially Shanklin. This is one player we should really watch out for...and Popham loves the physical part fo the game.

Bobo, from reports is likely to be named on the bench... :ranting: ..meaning Delasau gets to start again. :wall:

But I will never lose hope. FIJI all the way.

I'm concerend about 2 things:

Our Front Row
and
The way the game has been strategised for us to play.

We can't go "smashing" into the Fijians, we've seen they're very physical and we WILL lose that battle. But they love a running game as well, so let's play that games.
We've got a great backline - we've got very clsose to the team that won the grand slam (i keep telling myself that) so theroetically we should be able to play a very good running game.

This match should be very interesting. Fiji no doubt have the ability to beat us and if we played like we played against Japan leaving so many gaping holes in defence the boys are going to absolutely exploit the amateurish displays.

this is one of the strongest teams we've put out in a while in my opinion, personally I'm glad Peel has been picked ahead of Phillips, Dwayne can control the game much better than mike, no disrespect to Phillips, he had a cracker v Japan, but in all honesty, it was just Japan, he is a strong player but would be matched by the fijians, so overall Peel is the right choice.

We haven't seemed to pen down our strongest front row, does jenkins even now what our strongest front five is? that's the biggest concern is the front five, they havent performed in a long while, whoever is picked.

Wales will be too strong for the fijians and I fully expect a 30 points win margin for us.

I bloody f**king knew it. Delasau retains his place on the wing.. :wall:

FIJI: 15. Kameli Ratuvou, 14. Filimoni Delasau, 13. Seru Rabeni, 12. Seremaia Bai, 11. Isoa Neivua, 10. Nicky Little, 9. Mosese Rauluni [C], 8. Sisa Koyamaibole, 7. Akapusi Qera, 6. Semisi Naevo, 5. Iferemi Rawaqa, 4. Kele Leawere, 3. Jone Railomo, 2. Sunia Koto, 1. Graham Dewes

Replacements: 16. Vereniki Sauturaga, 17. Henry Qiodravu, 18. Netani Talei, 19. Aca Ratuva, 20. Jone Daunivucu, 21. Norman Ligairi, 22. Sireli Bobo

Good to see Bobo make the bench.

Wales should win, but we have failed to perform - and not just for the world cup. We have failed to perform for the past 2 years.
Fiji are threat and nothing less. Wales have been dumped out of the RWC in the pool stages before thanks to the Islanders and if we're not clinical, if we try playing to their game we could see the same happnening again.
I refuse to shrug off Fiji. They have, and will always, prove to be a threat to us, they have an attractive style and a dangerous attack - we have had severe lapses in defence. Severe! We could very wel pay the price if we don't pull up our socks.

I hope for a Welsh win, but this will be close.

Wales should win, but we have failed to perform - and not just for the world cup. We have failed to perform for the past 2 years.
Fiji are threat and nothing less. Wales have been dumped out of the RWC in the pool stages before thanks to the Islanders and if we're not clinical, if we try playing to their game we could see the same happnening again.
I refuse to shrug off Fiji. They have, and will always, prove to be a threat to us, they have an attractive style and a dangerous attack - we have had severe lapses in defence. Severe! We could very wel pay the price if we don't pull up our socks.

I hope for a Welsh win, but this will be close.
[/b]

wales to win by at least 30 points. Fiji seem to be the weakest of the Pacific Islands and Wales should wear them down. My only concern for Wales is if they try to play it too loose and gift Fiji some easy early points. We have seen in this world cup that Fiji are a very poor defensive team, even weaker than Wales. Plenty of tries I feel.good luck

Wales 3 - 25 Fiji

this is a joke right? What the hell has Gareth Jenkins been doing this past week??

Absolute shambles. Get rid of Jenkins & his amateur backing coaches & get some professional coaches in. Even if we manage to beat Fiji, Jenks has to go. We just can't defend and we got no idea going forward.

Peel should of never started today. He has been off form for ages.

both sides are looking much sharper than what we saw in the Aust / Canada game which almost put me to sleep. Loving watching Fiji do the business. Hope they can hold on. Get the impression Wales can win by playing simple mistake free rugby. Question is are they capable of it