• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First "Hands on" playtest... lookin good

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 25 2005, 04:56 PM
Great pair - hopefully its funny!
Yes i imagine it would be McLaren using his rugby knowledge and Mexted interupts and says something stupid.

"It came off a sharks foot" (s12 a few years ago)

Sharks don't have feet, Murray
<

found a few mexted quotes from his commentry of various games i have only heard a few but the rest seem accurate

"You don't like to see hookers going down on players like that."

"He's looking for some meaningful penetration into the backline."

"Spencer's running across field calling out, come inside me, come inside me."

"I can tell you it's a magnificent sensation when the gap opens up like that
and you just burst right through."

"I don't like this new law, because your first instinct when you see a man on
the ground is to go down on him"

"Darryl Gibson has been quite magnificent coming inside Andrew Mehrtens, and
I'm looking forward to seeing more of the same today."

"There's nothing that a tight forward likes more than a loosie right up his
backside"

"Everybody knows that I have been pumping Martin Leslie for a couple of seasons
now."

The All Blacks second-rowers are huge men. They're both over one meter tall ... hang on, that would make them midgets.

Rico Gear. What a great-sounding name. He sounds like a drug dealer from Brazil.

Was it knocked forward or knocked-on?

We want consistency, but we don't want a consistent referee to consistently blow the whistle.

That line break was as smooth as a brazilian

"It's hard sometimes when there's other men coming up your bottom."

"Give him a hole and he loves it!"

"I often fantasize about lineouts in my sleep."

"easy to expose yourself on the openside when you haven't got your mate up your backside."

"The defence is full of cracks and holes."

The dude from Jonah Lomu. Got it. I still don't know who Murray Mexted is. The main Kiwi commentator never seemed that funny.

I had an inkling that might be him. Although that guy always sounded Maori or something to me.

hehe murry mexted, well hopefully locks gets some vids for us this week so we can see some footage and decide for ourselves

I can't believe they got Bill McLaren!!! Legend hope we get a few classics. I'll never forget.

"Ooh that tackle will land him in ward four"

"I hope not Bill, thats a maternity ward!"

Priceless, and I'm not going into his double entandres! Oh yeah

Id probly buy the game for Bill himself!!

Worrying about the ****les though. Why do HB constantly seem to produce games that have these problems.

I would very much doubt they will get fixed and its entirely possible that things like this can ruin a game. How many times are you going to tear down the touchline with a man outside you only to see the ball go into the stands before you get REALLY peed off ?

Dont wish to sound negative but altough it sounds like the project is a massive jump from R2004, I get the feeling its only going to be more annoying if we have all these lovely graphics but the gameplay still feels shoddy.

Did lomu have problems ? To be honest I cant think of any at the moment..

Latest posts