• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First "Hands on" playtest... lookin good

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 26 2005, 08:29 PM
I reckon ''Not Many'' By Scribe would make a preety good song for the intro
Yeah it could work. What sort of music do they have on Madden? They mostly use hip-hop in bball games.

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 26 2005, 11:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 26 2005, 11:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jan 26 2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah it could work. What sort of music do they have on Madden? They mostly use hip-hop in bball games. [/b]
In Madden its a mix between rock and hip-hop

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 26 2005, 04:37 AM
3.the linouts were great
4.goal kicking was good
Are you serious? Even Rugby 2004 had better line outs and goal kicking!
The goal kicking was too easy anf just bloody ridiculous! I mean, which moron came up with the idea to take a goal kick from the commentary box?
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 27 2005, 02:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 27 2005, 02:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-funksoulbrother
@Jan 26 2005, 04:37 AM

3.the linouts were great
4.goal kicking was good
Are you serious? Even Rugby 2004 had better line outs and goal kicking!
The goal kicking was too easy anf just bloody ridiculous! I mean, which moron came up with the idea to take a goal kick from the commentary box?
<
[/b]
Um the lineouts were really good in rugby 2004.

Originally posted by Boomslangnz@Jan 26 2005, 08:33 PM
Scribe is a homo

Go something like Metallica,Foo Fighters,Green Day
Metallica - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 26 2005, 10:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 26 2005, 10:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jan 26 2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah it could work. What sort of music do they have on Madden? They mostly use hip-hop in bball games. [/b]
It varies... The biggest names Ive seen on Madden are Green Day & Blink 182.

they shud hav got sum NZ bands on that Rugby 05.. P money wud hav been good.. maybe 48 may, scribe is a chump who raps about the same 'ol thing ova and ova.. he needs sum new material...
good charlotte wud hav been gud, maybe that RWC 95 song..

And Murray Mexted is the funniest commentater with sum of his sayings but he can also be annoying at how he thinks he knows everything... one of his classic sayings that i cracked up on was "He's more nervous than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"... i didnt get it at first coz i was like "wut da F**K?" and den i clicked how a cats tail wud get squashed by a rocking chairs legs... im a bit slow sumtimes...

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 27 2005, 03:49 AM
how are EA gonna attract the US market to rugby 2005 wilth australian bands?
??? Who cares? They won't care about the music! If Rugby and the international scene gets good coverage and ratings people will be looking for this game over there regardless of what bands it has in it I'd say... You never know, maybe they're gonna try and sell it as "the sport they love down under", they have wallaby wallpaper's on the EA Rugby 2005 US website, so maybe thats their angle?

Grinspoon and Powderfinger are huge bands, with great tracks

as far as aussie rock music goes these guys are at the top

do agree Scribe would have been a nice touch tho

Scribe? You're kidding right?
A fake wannabe talking about himself for 3 1/2 minutes?

Everybody is a fake wannabe who talks about themselves or themselves beating up ho's in the middle of a parking lot.

Scribe's a champion. He went off at BDO, I was in the front row. As ak said Powderfinger and Grinspoon are awesome bands, there will be no problem with the music. I'd imagine they'd have some American bands as well.

theres joel turners beat box they can fill in sounds mad wat u can do wit ya mouth !

i made my own movie using some rugby material with beat box in the background music but dunno if i can share it wit ya guys?

Originally posted by kinkon89@Jan 27 2005, 06:22 PM
theres joel turners beat box they can fill in sounds mad wat u can do wit ya mouth !

i made my own movie using some rugby material with beat box in the background music but dunno if i can share it wit ya guys?
That's an idea. Joel Turner can lay down some phat beats. So to speak.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 27 2005, 04:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 27 2005, 04:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-cavan
@Jan 27 2005, 03:49 AM
how are EA gonna attract the US market to rugby 2005 wilth australian bands?
??? Who cares? They won't care about the music! If Rugby and the international scene gets good coverage and ratings people will be looking for this game over there regardless of what bands it has in it I'd say... You never know, maybe they're gonna try and sell it as "the sport they love down under", they have wallaby wallpaper's on the EA Rugby 2005 US website, so maybe thats their angle? [/b]
Yeah, there is a diehard core of rugby players over here who will want to play a rugby video game that is actually good. In case you didn't know, the only games we've ever gotten were - Rugby World Cup '95 and Rugby 2004 ( I could have sworn we got 2001, but I'm not sure - though I thought I saw it in a store last year...)

Anywho, of all the rugby videos we watch/order, the all-time favorite is 101 Tries and Another 101 Tries -- both BBC stuff from the 60's, 70's, and 80's -- and it's got some of Bill McLaren's most inspired comments ("Here it comes again, popping out like chocolate bars from slot machines . . .") so we can sorta identify with Bill.

If it's a good game, it should fair decently over here.

Another thought about the au.playstation playtest:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
although there are some ****ling issues with passing to the wrong player/over the sideline on occasion and a few other minor complaints, but we're confident that they'll be ironed out before release.[/b]

Methinks that they did not get to grips with the 'setplay' passing system using the d-pad.

Latest posts