• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Match

After the interstate derby I'll probably have a bash with someone interesting at an interesting ground. Maybe the PI if they're around. Then I'll get serious and get stuck into some of the modes.

Well it will be a 4 player event 2 vs 2,

1st match will most likely be Crusaders vs Blues

2nd NZ vs Aussie

Full 80 minute encounters,full penalties etc etc

You may think this odd as I'm an Aussie and all, but my first match (if I can) will be as the All Blacks against the British and Irish Lions.

all blacks vs australia....most likely 2player with our bizzy household....after shaking of the controls...fiji vs some bum england team and get rupeni,bobo and de la sau to run around them all
<
...this is sounding very promising...our be at gamesman the morning it arrives
<

If we've got fully licensed Heineken Cup for this season, I'll play as Bath against some shite Italian team. We'd never lose that, ooh, hang on...

my 1st match in rugby 2004 was tonga vs canada at teufaiva stadium just because i was born in canada and raised in tonga im more tongan though than canadian and i just wanted to see if they made the stadium right.

the stadium was alright but i dont remember seeing mountains around teufaiva lol......anyway i love the all blacks so this yr i will pick the all blacks and play tonga at eden park

Ireland vs Canada at Lansdowne I think...

want to get a feel for the "newly improved" controls before taking on the big boys and proper competitons, plus I've always been a fan of the Canadians... should be good

Actually, if Heineken Cup teams are licensed as reported, it will have to be Saints vs Leicester at Twickenham. Give Johno's men a good kicking on the easiest difficulty setting
<

lol, i think it's funny how different folks are setting themselves up for either big victories or big defeats.

I'm wondering why some folks want to trash somebody in their first game, would it not be better to get hammered and then have their skills improve gradually til they can avenge their defeat

I dare ye to be brave and take on a hard team in your first game. It'll make your first big win much more satisfying! Just a thought perhaps..

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 26 2005, 05:15 AM
lol, i think it's funny how different folks are setting themselves up for either big victories or big defeats.

I'm wondering why some folks want to trash somebody in their first game, would it not be better to get hammered and then have their skills improve gradually til they can avenge their defeat

I dare ye to be brave and take on a hard team in your first game. It'll make your first big win much more satisfying! Just a thought perhaps..
And the gauntlet has been thrown . . .

Alright, Cavan, I'll take my mighty United States Eagles and give it my all against the Lions, but we'll do it somewhere in South Africa.

Let's just hope my playstation 2 controller finds me in a positive "Hey, I'm learning!" mood (I'm usually a thrower).

My first match would be Canada vs USA, preferably somewhere in Canada, but if not I'd do it in Twickenham.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Alright, Cavan, I'll take my mighty United States Eagles and give it my all against the Lions, but we'll do it somewhere in South Africa.

Let's just hope my playstation 2 controller finds me in a positive "Hey, I'm learning!" mood (I'm usually a thrower).[/b]

Nice one, make sure to tell us how you got on. I'll be writing a report about my first game. I'll probly start a thread on the forum, hopefully lots of folks will contribute.

It'll be me & my bro playing on it, we will probably go 2 club sides like
Neath-Swansea Ospreys (Me) vs Cardiff Blues (My bro) at Millenium Stadium (if its there)

Thinking about it.....
I'm sooo excited.... & I just can't hide it!!.... I am about to lose control & i like think I like it!! (....oops getting carried away then with that song!!
<
)

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 27 2005, 12:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

Let's just hope my playstation 2 controller finds me in a positive "Hey, I'm learning!" mood (I'm usually a thrower).

Nice one, make sure to tell us how you got on. I'll be writing a report about my first game. I'll probly start a thread on the forum, hopefully lots of folks will contribute. [/b][/quote]
I was thinking the same thing about having a thread -- cool.

Start it when the time comes (hopefully March). Good luck against the All Blacks, though I think the task I've set out is more daunting.

Mine will be Brumbies and Waratahs

btw how much do u reckon the profile will take up on the memory card/hard drive?

Originally posted by maddog79@Jan 27 2005, 10:44 AM
Mine will be Brumbies and Waratahs

btw how much do u reckon the profile will take up on the memory card/hard drive?
Going by rugby 2004 about 1.5MB

Latest posts