• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Match

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 27 2005, 12:06 PM
I just hope they have more than 3 available save blocks this time.....
Wasnt that enough for you, i didnt have enough space on mine for 3
<

well if the game releases on time I hope to play as the blues against thier oppenet that week to see what the score might be and then see how accurate it is when i watch the game on tv

my first game will be the Hurricanes (me) Vs. Brumbies @ Teufaiva stadium in Tonga.. the the 2nd game will be Tonga Vs. Fiji & Samoa

Now I've seen some in game footage and established that the game looks at least playable, I can think about this.

Leicester Tigers (who else did you expect?) v some two bit Italian club side (e.g. Calvisano) at Welford Road

Idea is that this should give me sufficient time and space to play with the ball a bit and get the hang of the gameplay. Italians will probably thrash me, but I'll be a lot less humiliated and should get more of the ball than if I tried to take on Bath or Saints too early.

Looking forward to this now...

why not play traviso (italian team) - they did well in europe this year, a;most made the 1/4 finals - beat bath along the way

Originally posted by leicester@Jan 31 2005, 05:10 PM
Now I've seen some in game footage and established that the game looks at least playable, I can think about this.

Leicester Tigers (who else did you expect?) v some two bit Italian club side (e.g. Calvisano) at Welford Road

Idea is that this should give me sufficient time and space to play with the ball a bit and get the hang of the gameplay. Italians will probably thrash me, but I'll be a lot less humiliated and should get more of the ball than if I tried to take on Bath or Saints too early.

Ah, afraid to take on the mighty Saints too early on are we?
<

We should each take on the others club first game and compare scores.....you up for it?
<

I would fancy pitting Connacht against some of the bigger guns in England/France, if they actually get featured in the game, otherwise it'd have to be Ulster instead - offering a medium/below-par team to challenge against some of England's or France's finest...

probably... Conancht (Ulster) v Biarritz
or
Connacht (if in the game otherwise Ulster) v Leicester... away from home!

now that would be a challenge travelling to Welford Road/Kingsholm for a mighty scalp!

EDIT: this is the first game I'll attempt instead of the International game I'd previously posted... make that change capt. !

hehehe Mine would be South Africa vs England -- Hey after the white wash in the grand slam tour I would love to make it up. Mmmm Maruis Joubert making a high tackle on Johnny would be entertaining

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Feb 1 2005, 08:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Feb 1 2005, 08:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-leicester
@Jan 31 2005, 05:10 PM

<

We should each take on the others club first game and compare scores.....you up for it?
<
[/b]
No who could resist a challenge like that?

OK SaintsFan Webby. You're on. First match...

Tigers v Saints at Welford Road for me.

I know I'll get panned by the AI until I'm used to the game controls but... hey, if you play Saints v Tigers at Franklins for your first, you should be at just as much of a disadvantage.

I never could resist a challenge...

I know this isn't a dream match-up in skill, but in the muscle department, my first match will be Canada vs USA. USA is improving in rugby, but Canada usually beats them, and it's always a pleasure to watch (and play!)

Originally posted by leicester+Feb 1 2005, 09:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leicester @ Feb 1 2005, 09:53 AM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 1 2005, 08:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-leicester
@Jan 31 2005, 05:10 PM

<

<
No who could resist a challenge like that?

OK SaintsFan Webby. You're on. First match...

Tigers v Saints at Welford Road for me.

I know I'll get panned by the AI until I'm used to the game controls but... hey, if you play Saints v Tigers at Franklins for your first, you should be at just as much of a disadvantage.

I never could resist a challenge... [/b]
Lol, yeah, lets go!
<

Get Brucey giving Austin Healy the old Maori sidestep in no time
<

i have changed my mind

australia (me) v nz (ai)

i wanna see the haka...............then i wanna beat them!!!!!!!!!!!

after that match i am getting stuck into my S12 season...........kicking off at the SFS!!!!!!

I think I'll start (after training) with: Highlanders vs Crusaders at Carisbrook.
With a created Jeff Wilson at Fullback!
Anyone want to post which classic player they'll create first along side their first match-up?

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 2 2005, 05:32 PM
I think I'll start (after training) with: Highlanders vs Crusaders at Carisbrook.
Anyone want to post which classic player they'll create first along side their first match-up?
<
My grandfather played for the wallabies in the early 30's and for the 'tahs at the same time...i might put him in at fullback - blast from the past!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 2 2005, 05:32 PM
olo brown,michael "iceman" jones,joeli vidiri,and the oldskool cullen
<

Originally posted by maddog79+Feb 2 2005, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maddog79 @ Feb 2 2005, 05:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Feb 2 2005, 05:32 PM
<
My grandfather played for the wallabies in the early 30's and for the 'tahs at the same time...i might put him in at fullback - blast from the past! [/b]
That's cool man.

Tim Horan. David Campese. Jason Little.

Latest posts