• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Match

<
don't forget the match of the week end: france vs wales
i hope my team can build more frenchflair actions to beat the fantastic welsh team with the incredible shane williams
<
and henson
<

i'll be in the stade de france to see the match and i think it's a good first match for rugby 2005
<

made a change Capt.

so make the update...

Ulster (me) v Leicester... away from home, sat afternoon, rain, medium wind etc, etc

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 25 2005, 06:59 AM
Your First Match - A Tribute & Historical Documentation
Tell us how you get on!

The team you're playing as is listed first.
The ground you play at is your choice, you can tell us in your eventual summary.

Let me know if there are any changes, or if anyone wants to add their first match.
So far we've got:</span>

INTERNATIONALS
Australia v New Zealand ------------- ak47
South Africa v England --------------- SpringbokFan
South Africa v England --------------- Gandalf
New Zealand v Lions - Sanzar ----Lions not available from the beginning, must change.

Hmmmmm, well thats a bit of a bummer...

Ok, well change me to:

NSW Waratahs (me) V <span style="color:red">Qld Reds (inbred scum of the North)

At Aussie stadium

Oh and BTW Cpt. ... Brilliant job to compile that list my hat goes off to you.

Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 25 2005, 11:25 AM
Oh and BTW Cpt. ... Brilliant job to compile that list my hat goes off to you.
Cheers, my pleasure.

Robbinho good point --

I'm leaving the Venue, Match Length, and level of difficulty up to each individual.

That way, we will probably have a lot of different weather conditions, venues, and more importantly, score lines. Also, if people are playing in different grounds, they might notice different chants, different commentator phrases -- it offers a chance of variety.

So, do what you want, just let us know.

Originally posted by flanku@Feb 25 2005, 01:38 PM
ENG v. FRA, Twickenham

...swing low....
Nice one. You might very well hear 'Swing Lo.'

Good stuff everybody, keep 'em coming.

Blues vs canterbury (aka poofville by aucklanders
<
) and of course, im the blues at eden park

I have changed my preference of my first match to AUS v NZ @ Canberra
(last one was Brumbies and Tahs at Telstra)

Ever since the S12 has started i hav changed my mind with whom i am going to play my first game with after every game i watch... its gonna b a hard choice eh... i wanted to play wit the blues after their game, than i saw the waratahz game and wanted to play wit dem and den the brumbies and den the hurricanes and den the cats!!!!

Originally posted by 187@Mar 2 2005, 04:03 AM
Ever since the S12 has started i hav changed my mind with whom i am going to play my first game with after every game i watch... its gonna b a hard choice eh... i wanted to play wit the blues after their game, than i saw the waratahz game and wanted to play wit dem and den the brumbies and den the hurricanes and den the cats!!!!
I know what you mean.

I'm slowly beginning to pound my head at my USA v Canada choice. But, I'm gonna stick to it cause it's only the first match and I'll be getting quite a few things wrong (much like the US play anyway).

Anyway, drop a post if you want to change from what you've got now.

Well, it's feasible that the game might be coming out tomorrow in the UK. Honestly, I don't think anyone knows 100% for certain as dates have been shot all over the calendar.

So, when someone does get the game, and they care to tell us how their very first match went, go ahead and start a new thread and give us all the details if possible:

Venue:
Weather:
Day/Night:
Match Length:
Difficulty:

You:
CPU:

As well as an account of your game with half-time and full time score.

This should make for some entertaining reads as we've got a great variety of matches 'scheduled' so we might very well hear different chants, different commentary soundbites, etc, etc, etc -- plus all the crazy stuff that happens in the match itself.

I know I'm looking forward to getting my ass handed to me on hard mode.

Latest posts