• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Match

Does the game with any other modes except hard?! Is there any other way?
<

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Feb 1 2005, 08:36 PM
hehehe Mine would be South Africa vs England -- Hey after the white wash in the grand slam tour I would love to make it up. Mmmm Maruis Joubert making a high tackle on Johnny would be entertaining
high taclkes aren't funny.
don't be jealous of wilko, i'm not english and even i can see he's the best out half in the world

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 4 2005, 08:16 AM
Well, it's feasible that the game might be coming out tomorrow in the UK. Honestly, I don't think anyone knows 100% for certain as dates have been shot all over the calendar.

So, when someone does get the game, and they care to tell us how their very first match went, go ahead and start a new thread and give us all the details if possible:

Venue:
Weather:
Day/Night:
Match Length:
Difficulty:

You:
CPU:

As well as an account of your game with half-time and full time score.

This should make for some entertaining reads as we've got a great variety of matches 'scheduled' so we might very well hear different chants, different commentary soundbites, etc, etc, etc -- plus all the crazy stuff that happens in the match itself.

I know I'm looking forward to getting my ass handed to me on hard mode.
Hehe!

I also take great pleasure in getting thumped and will play hard level straight up too (1st Super 12 game - blues (me) versus Highlanders)...

If I've given it everything, I don't mind having my ass handed to me.

Originally posted by richees+Mar 4 2005, 08:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (richees @ Mar 4 2005, 08:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Springbokfan
@Feb 1 2005, 08:36 PM
hehehe Mine would be South Africa vs England -- Hey after the white wash in the grand slam tour I would love to make it up. Mmmm Maruis Joubert making a high tackle on Johnny would be entertaining
don't be jealous of wilko, i'm not english and even i can see he's the best out half in the world [/b]
He didn't say it'd be funny. He said it would be entertaining.

...Which it would be.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 4 2005, 02:54 PM
...Which it would be.
Game. Set. Match. Kaftka.

Now . . .

Well, it appears that the UK & Ire boys won't be getting the game tomorrow.

Or maybe they will be, who knows.

My question: Should those who have the demo put an * next to their result because they've obviously had some practice with the game?

This isn't a bad thing or a scarlet letter or anything, just a note that they've had some practice with it. It's not like they've used steroids.

What say ye?

Originally posted by richees+Mar 4 2005, 07:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (richees @ Mar 4 2005, 07:30 AM)</div>
don't be jealous of wilko, i'm not english and even i can see he's the best out half in the world [/b]
Well then you don't know what your talking about... Wilkinson was considered the best flyhalf in the world for about 18 months leading up and throughout the RWC... since then he's been injured and when he has played he's shown nothing close to the form he displayed when he helped England lift the web ellis trophy...
Personally, and I know I'm biased but i think it's true, Larkham has clearly been the best 5/8th going around since the decline of wilkinson.

sorry capt, im going to have to change my 1st game,
All Blacks vs pumas at the house of tane, day, sunny, easy, 10m halfs

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 4 2005, 07:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 4 2005, 07:03 PM)</div>
Originally posted by richees@Mar 4 2005, 07:30 AM

don't be jealous of wilko, i'm not english and even i can see he's the best out half in the world
Well then you don't know what your talking about... Wilkinson was considered the best flyhalf in the world for about 18 months leading up and throughout the RWC... since then he's been injured and when he has played he's shown nothing close to the form he displayed when he helped England lift the web ellis trophy...
Personally, and I know I'm biased but i think it's true, Larkham has clearly been the best 5/8th going around since the decline of wilkinson. [/b]
I'm usually quite biased against Australians, but I'd have to agree about Larkham.
I've always thought that Wilkonson was always a little over rated but when did we last see him play a truely outstanding match?

Originally posted by sambad5@Mar 4 2005, 06:12 PM
sorry capt, im going to have to change my 1st game,
All Blacks vs pumas at the house of tane, day, sunny, easy, 10m halfs
Done!

Also, I've alphabetized the entire thing per section so there should be some form of logic to reading it and easier (hopefully) to find your match.

Thanks for all the contributions -- keep'em coming.

Whoever gets the game first gets to create the First Match thread!! How exciting!! This is going to be the highlight of our lives, oh my, this is soooo amazing!!

I'm so bored, just give us the game EA already . . .

Nuff said, so how does it feel. can i have sum screens and sum squad lists please..you no you wanna hehe

teh mite, well done!

would you be so kind as to start a new thread, and write whatever you'd like about the match (venue, diff, weather) etc?

That way, we'll have a thread devoted to the First Match accounts.

Edit -- ah! very good.
<

mine will be Argentina Vs. Ireland in Dublin or Buenos Aires Im Going to be the Pumas and then rematch ima be Ireland! dats all
<

thank you and ill get it tomorrow i think Bestbuy says Status: 1 item(s) shipped via NEXT DAY on 03/10/05 via UPS so i dont know i hope tomorrow!!!!ill comment on my first game tomorrow or saturday

I'll be playin as Newprot-Gwent Dragons v Cardiff Blues to settle an old grudge!

Latest posts