Discussion in 'Rugby Challenge Series' started by iamastormer, Nov 9, 2018.
Lets work together to try and sort the haka problem out.
I have been playing around with the game files a bit but still havent managed to fix the haka problem. I don't have any knowledge of how coding works but I did discover how to change who does the haka. !!To be very clear!! --you still need either Messam, Mccaw, Mealamu, Weepu or Gear in your starting 15 to TRIGGER the haka.. but to change who does the call you can do the following.
Before you follow the steps be sure to make a backup of the haka notepad file.
1. go here pkcmn.pak\ruged\cutscenes\ce_pg_haka
2. open the notepad file
3. Search (find) "selector" - change the value under selector to 0
4. You will need to change 5 separate selector values, The first one is under AB_Leader then AB_01, AB_02, AB_03 and AB_04 (just scroll down from where you found the first selector option)
5. Go back to the first selector option (AB_Leader)
6. Change "shirtno" value to the number of the player who you want to do the haka (ex. if you want the scrumhalve to do it make the number 9)
7. Save and update.
If anyone with better knowledge of coding can help me find where to change who triggers the haka I would much appreciate it.
Well done! Now only for the final "trigger" step to be sorted out!
Hey man, any progress regarding this issue?
That's massive news already! Congrats for figuring this out!
I need help to modify the haka in my game
How can I help?
I've not coding knowledge too but what if changing Messam, Mccaw, Mealamu, Weepu or Gear "program id" (don't know which is the correct term) with that of Perenara, Read etc.?
Thats is what i have done. I "swapped" read and messam with the frans editor so thehake is triggered as long as read plays. In the future i will just swap other players with mealamu en weepu for example
I wish I could do programming
@iamastormer can you explain me how to swap players with Frans editor? I'm really bad with it... Thank ya bud
1. Open the editor, BUT FIRST be very sure to make a copy of your database because mistakes made in the editor can cause your database to crash.
2. Go to player "a"(messam or who ever) then just click write db- his hex will then appear.
3. Copy Player a's hex codes to a word document.
4. Go to player "b" (the one who you want to trigger the haka) and copy his hex codes over to player "a".(there is a special square where you just double click to paste in the editor). Save
5. Copy player a's hex from the word document to player b and save.
That should work, please check out more on the editor on this forum, I think there is a video somewhere explaining how to copy players.
Thank you so much! I'm gonna try
Hi guys, did this HEX ID swapping work to trigger the Haka with different players other than Messam etc?
Yes, I swapped Messam with read for now.
I can't seem to get this right...
If you want then i can do it for you. If the problem lies with the editor make sure you have proper knowledge of how it works.
I don't have proper knowledge of how it works. Can I send you my database somehow then you'll assist me? Please man.
Separate names with a comma.