• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fly Half

International? I usually see 177cm+ and 85kg+ at an average minimum level.

I've played with all sorts of shapes and sizes. 5'7 pocket rockets who weigh 70kg dripping wet to big 6'2 Southern African farmer boys. And they all have their own specific attributes. Smaller, fast guys can help get the backline going, moves are done at pace, they have the ability to break the line or make half breaks for support runners, whereas the bigger guys are great in D, have huge boots, can take on a backrower and offload out the tackle without getting smashed. So there is no ideal height and weight. You can get away with not being particularly quick, but to play 10 at a decent level, the one skill you really do need, is to be able to throw fast, accurate passes at pace, while under pressure. A very hard thing to do.

I've played with all sorts of shapes and sizes. 5'7 pocket rockets who weigh 70kg dripping wet to big 6'2 Southern African farmer boys. And they all have their own specific attributes. Smaller, fast guys can help get the backline going, moves are done at pace, they have the ability to break the line or make half breaks for support runners, whereas the bigger guys are great in D, have huge boots, can take on a backrower and offload out the tackle without getting smashed. So there is no ideal height and weight. You can get away with not being particularly quick, but to play 10 at a decent level, the one skill you really do need, is to be able to throw fast, accurate passes at pace, while under pressure. A very hard thing to do.

This this this..

Being an outhalf is instinctive and it's as much a talent as a physical thing or even something one can practice. Some people will make good 10's others won't.

Tried my hand at it and wasn't really cut out for it. Too indecisive to run a backline at a decent pace. Scrumhalf is a different story however. I reckon anyone can make a damn good scrumhalf if they apply themselves and know the game.

You ideally want them to be around 7'5'' and rougly 180kgs, but they need to run the 100m in sub 10, step off three feet, drop 95m drop goals and pass accurately blindfolded. That's the standard I'd try and go by.

You ideally want them to be around 7'5'' and rougly 180kgs, but they need to run the 100m in sub 10, step off three feet, drop 95m drop goals and pass accurately blindfolded. That's the standard I'd try and go by.
What difficulty of Rugby Challenge is this and what sliders are you using?

Latest posts