• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

Tigs top breakfasts
1) Toasted Bagels, Bacon, Cream cheese, Sweet chilli Sauce (Honestly could live my life on them)
2) Croissant with Apricot Jam (The S tier jam)
3) Classic full English
4) Blueberry Pancakes with Bacon and syrup
5) Your mom

Tigs top breakfasts
1) Toasted Bagels, Bacon, Cream cheese, Sweet chilli Sauce (Honestly could live my life on them)
2) Croissant with Apricot Jam (The S tier jam)
3) Classic full English
4) Blueberry Pancakes with Bacon and syrup
5) Your mom
I worry that I don't get enough fibre in my diet, so am trying to rectify this with a high fibre breakfast. I would put my option of (off brand) All Bran, extra wheatbran and raisins a distant 6) behind my mum!

Anyone got any nutritious breakfast suggestions (preferably high fibre)? Almost everything popular seems to be loaded with sugar, or fat processed stuff.

I mean my healthy go to is either
Oats, Icelandic Yoghurt, Milk, cinnamon and berries (Maybe some protein powder) Also maybe some hard boiled eggs on the side
or
TBH just eggs in general

I mean my healthy go to is either
Oats, Icelandic Yoghurt, Milk, cinnamon and berries (Maybe some protein powder) Also maybe some hard boiled eggs on the side
or
TBH just eggs in general
Thanks. I need to up my "putting things with oats" game. One of my big food regrets is that I don't like eggs, it makes eating a decent breakfast tough, particularly when out and about. If I liked them, I can see me eating a lot of omelettes
Eggs are bad for you.
Says who and why? I've been alive for long enough to have seen most things reported as going to kill you and the same things going to add ten years to your life! Accordingly, I remember being told that your heart will explode if you look at too many eggs because of the cholesterol, but thought that the current thinking is that they don't cause a rise in cholesterol levels, so eat away unless you're told not to.

Thanks. I need to up my "putting things with oats" game. One of my big food regrets is that I don't like eggs, it makes eating a decent breakfast tough, particularly when out and about. If I liked them, I can see me eating a lot of omelettes

Says who and why? I've been alive for long enough to have seen most things reported as going to kill you and the same things going to add ten years to your life! Accordingly, I remember being told that your heart will explode if you look at too many eggs because of the cholesterol, but thought that the current thinking is that they don't cause a rise in cholesterol levels, so eat away unless you're told not to.
You mean you are too young to remember Edwina Curry? Oh god I feel old

I generally have breakfast on the go so it'd just be a banana and a granola bar (usually get them on whatever "protein" site is doing the best deals)

If I had a bit of time I'd get low sugar granola and Yoghurt and throw in a chopped up banana and some berries.

I probably fall way short or go way over my RDA on fiber on any given day, really depends on what veg I have with dinner.

Cinnamon and raisin bagel + peanut butter + sliced banana is one of my faves,
I go to the gym before work, though, so my breakfast is usually just a banana and a preworkout, these days

Maybe a cheeky bowl of Frosted Wheats when I'm not going to the gym

I probably fall way short or go way over my RDA on fiber on any given day, really depends on what veg I have with dinner.
This is part of my problem and a good bit of the reason that I try to have a high fibre breakfast, so that I haven't got to worry too much for the rest of the day. That said, I had sandwiches made with white bread for lunch (fed by someone else) and a pizza for dinner (Uber Eats 50% off), so probably still didn't hit my RDA. TMI: am yet to ****.

I'm lucky to like Ryvitas (or supermarket knock off versions) enough to eat them dry. I try to snack of these instead of reaching for a bag of crisps, they're a good way of topping up your fibre.

You mean you are too young to remember Edwina Curry? Oh god I feel old
Don't worry, I'm that old too. Being further back, it didn't come to mind when thinking of reasons that eggs are bad for you. To be fair, that's only made raw eggs bad for you anyway.

Could snack on some unsalted nuts/add them to meals.
Nuts are great when you look at the nutritional values per 100g, but per 30g portion, they're a step in the right direction rather than being a silver bullet. It's a tweak I could make if necessary, but swapping the my 46p packet of salted peanuts for a £2 odd packet of almonds which I won't enjoy as much is a tough sell (yes, I'm a child)!

9DA9CE5A-7CB2-4FCA-ADC8-3986FAE61663.jpegD653C551-7898-4416-9DCC-FD503132B918.jpegCF7B83F4-1128-4918-8637-C0F3FBD458F3.jpegE9A3472C-E194-4603-ABA5-B4DF07BAB454.jpeg

Missed Japan so much but only got as far as London on Sunday to Ippudo for their Ramen and extra Kaedama noodles. Closest thing I could get for now.

Randomly bumped into Gok Wan walking his dog in Covent Garden.6AD5139F-0282-487F-A8B0-8E133865B8DC.jpeg

Latest posts