• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

Home made popcorn. Loving it.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF
Could you offer an idiot's guide? I remember making it as a kid (great novelty) and it being a bland, husk ridden experience.

Could you offer an idiot's guide? I remember making it as a kid (great novelty) and it being a bland, husk ridden experience.

This is one I followed. I use olive oil. Just careful not to put it in too high a heat otherwise the kernels burn and turn black.
Little bit of salt and sugar for me. But toppings up to you, of course.

Nice advert for the benefits of a nice cuppa.

North England *handshake emoji* Rural Ireland.

I don't drink much tea purely because I never think to make it for myself but do enjoy a cuppa, I almost drink as much tea as I do warm cans at festivals and on camping trips.

*Rural from the perspective of a Dub, Henshaw is a townie...

Watched that one yesterday. You could tell from "Oh my gods" and the groans of pleasure that he enjoyed that one and especially the fatty bits of pork that he asked for.
He goes to a lot of good places around Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester and gives a lot of 10/10s. But sadly I am down South and he never puts the Google map links in the description.

This is one I followed. I use olive oil. Just careful not to put it in too high a heat otherwise the kernels burn and turn black.
Little bit of salt and sugar for me. But toppings up to you, of course.

I use a non-stick wok with a lid to cook mine, doesn't have to be non stick, but it makes it a breeze to clean afterwards, in comparison to hell using something like a stainless steel saucepan where the sugar burns on. Then I constantly shake the wok back and forward to allow all the kernels to pop and prevent any burning. Gotta be quick emptying out into a bowl becsuse they will burn quickly at the end even once the pan is off the heat.

Need to add the flavour into the pan with the raw kernels, not afterwards. I like a mix of sugar and cinnamon. Friend showed me all the flavour mixes you can order online - american naturally - which sound awesome, but look pricy so haven't tried yet.

I just use regular sunflowet oil, wouldn't olive oil add too much flavour for a sweet treat? I then throw a few kernels into the oil as it heats, as soon as they start popping you know the oil is hot enough and throw in the mix of corn and flavourings.

95DADD98-76DF-4B87-9003-53A7FA8018C8.jpeg

Leggera Pollo Ad Astra at Pizza express last night. Like a Doughnut pizza with a hole in the middle where the salad is. A third of the saturated fat/calories content compared to the Romana base.

Nice alternative for the diet conscious or who have been told need to cut down their cholesterol like me.😝

Leggera Pollo Ad Astra at Pizza express last night. Like a Doughnut pizza with a hole in the middle where the salad is. A third of the saturated fat/calories content compared to the Romana base.

Nice alternative for the diet conscious or who have been told need to cut down their cholesterol like me.😝
I'm as passionate about chicken having no place on a pizza as lots of people seem to be about pineapple. I was all ready to block you, but on further inspection, it looks like it might be seasoned / marinaded enough for me to let you off this time!

Obviously, you're losing calories by reducing the volume / surface area, but it's not like it's going to make such a huge difference to the sat fat / calorie content. WTF are they putting into the regular base to make it so much more calorie dense and is this base that much worse for missing whatever it is?

I'm as passionate about chicken having no place on a pizza
Good man.
People are often surprised when i mention pizza as being one of the things i miss the most, food-wise. Ham (cured or not) is arguably the only kind of meat we use on pizza. Even salami (pepperoni) is quite rare. Except maybe for for anchovies, but that is very specific. Course you can find some overpriced gourmet gin joint which serves some shite with avocado, eggplant, chicken, beef, whatever you want, but those are clearly not traditional ingredients.

I've yet to take a foreigner to a propper pizza parlour in BsAs without getting "holy *****" out of him/her. When it comes to pizza and icecreams we know our ****. I know i'm biased, but i tend to correct for that: BsAs pizza circuit is world-class, if not the best. And it's not just the food. There is a very particular atmosphere and protocol to it.

Having to turn to chicken and turkey more to reduce my saturated fat in my diet and also go for more Fish.

Dr told me my cholesterol is very high and can't sustain that level in the long term as consequences of high cholesterol are increased risk of heart attack and strokes. High cholesterol is symptomless as well, until those events happen.

Now much more careful to look at labelling on food for fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt content.

Hence now reducing consumption of red meats and processed meats and I love sausage and bacon, steaks etc.☹️ just have to have them much less often. Much more veg and fruit in my diet.

Chicken on pizza is fine with me. And also Hence the Legerra pizza base as well. Used to go for the Romana base.

Agree with pineapple having not a place on a pizza though. Not a huge fan of muchrooms either, but will stomach it if I miss picking them off.

I've cut my meat consumption down by about half for environmental reasons but really that's BS. I understand eating animals for pleasure if you don't really give a **** about animals but most people say they do but are happy to have them killed and eaten.

I've been struggling with this recently l. Not because I have a particular affinity with cows and chickens and what not but I guess it is kind of messed up.

Any vegans on here to convert me. It's hard, meat just tastes to good and is to ingrained in us. I wonder if in the future when our collective morals have evolved they'll be tearing down statues of famous meat eaters.

I've cut my meat consumption down by about half for environmental reasons but really that's BS. I understand eating animals for pleasure if you don't really give a **** about animals but most people say they do but are happy to have them killed and eaten.

I've been struggling with this recently l. Not because I have a particular affinity with cows and chickens and what not but I guess it is kind of messed up.

Any vegans on here to convert me. It's hard, meat just tastes to good and is to ingrained in us. I wonder if in the future when our collective morals have evolved they'll be tearing down statues of famous meat eaters.

I'm a lifelong vegetarian (although others may feel that vegetarian is disingenuous as I eat some seafood - feel free to label as pescatarian accordingly). The culture of my paternal family is a vegetarian one, extant, refined and advanced for many thousands of years. I have never felt that I wanted for anything as far as diet is concerned.

When I was 18 or so, I decided to try some meat purely because it was such a central component of the lives of so many, originating from a plethora of cultures. It didn't really do much for me in a culinary sense. The deep, rich flavours of my own cuisine (and a couple of adopted ones) were enough to satiate me. I am glad that I did it though - I have more common ground with others.

Later on, I came to object to a great many aspects of agricultural and livestock farming. I became much more familiar with the practices and abuses. I had known about some aspects of dairy farming for years but put it aside and out of mind. I adored dairy. Ludicrous varieties of cheese, gourmet butters and luscious milks. I'd quite happily quaff a tub of Ben n' Jerry's and wash it down with a tall glass of the white stuff.

One afternoon, I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole and ended up watching a number of exposés on livestock and dairy. I realised that I had to give up dairy in order to remain consistent with my own personal sense of morality. Obviously, personal morality is an extremely varied landscape. I came to one conclusion and others may come to alternative ones. My family make lighthearted jabs and sometimes others take umbrage. It's ok.

If you enjoy eating meat, it doesn't make you a monster. If you want wean down your consumption, do it gradually to a level that suits you. Don't do it cold turkey like an asshat (like me). And don't feel guilty about eating a steak once in a while. I would recommend trying to buy the best quality you can afford - the animals will probably be treated much better and I'm sure the resulting meal will be far more tasty.

Ignore the evangelistic vegans. The second hardest thing about quitting dairy was the knowledge I was one step closer to them. They're insufferable and not representative of the rest of us.

There is a world of proper vegetarian cuisine that has been vegetarian from the outset. It is absurdly good. If I had to contend with badly-seasoned, bland steamed vegetables and pulses as is common in the West, boy you'd better hide your cows.

been a vegan for over a decade; I accidentally ate a regular hot dog instead of a vegan hot dog on Sunday and I'm still out of my routine. Haven't had a good workout since.

If you need any help with recipes or ideas for food give me a shout; the beginning can be quite tough. I started in high school and was passing out during basketball practice due to just eating pop tarts but once I got a handle on things it's really smooth sailing.

Vkusno i Tochka replacing Maccy Ds in Russia.

It's amazing seeing the queues that formed for McDonalds originally, it's cheap crap and yet people queue for it likes it's some prized gourmet thing. Never really understood the fascination.

It's amazing seeing the queues that formed for McDonalds originally, it's cheap crap and yet people queue for it likes it's some prized gourmet thing. Never really understood the fascination.
South Africa McDonald's vegan burgers and I acted like it was a three star restaurant. There's something about scarcity that makes you go insane.

Latest posts