• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

H

Haysie

Who has the best food? Personally I like the oriental spices of the sub-continent, and AUSTRALIAN STEAK. :D

To be fair, British food isn't the best, but it is right now one of the most exciting and dynamic. The change is that the regions are now finally rediscovering their old dishes and ingredients, people are finally getting back into food like Rabbit, Venison and British shellfish and so on.

Australian stuff can be really tasty :D

Pizza. I love Pizza. I also love KFC, and any South African Steak house....

Basically i love anything except vegetables.

Biltong. I win.

I know it's more of a snack but that doesn't stop me from eating a whole 200g piece for supper. BTW my parents own a biltong shop so I get alot free. :p READ IT AND WEEP!

I think all cultures and countries have amazing food, nowadays one of our broadcasting agencies is rinsing those Ansley Harriot episodes in which he travels around the world with his shiny head and big smile and making sexy food.

I really loved to watch, ready steady cook, Can't cook won't cook etc...

My top 5:

1) Mediterranean food ( Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish)
2) Belgian food
3) Asian food
4) Kiwi/ OZ/ English
5) Heavy, greasy Austrian/German food

Turkish Pide, a proper tavuk doner..

But, i am proud of my own creation, the McBastard burger. It's a british beef patty with two rashers of bacon, a fried egg, brown sauce, ketchup and grated mixture of mozzarella/cheddar is optional in a sesame seed bun, lightly toasted.

Cook the patty, bacon and egg (dont break the yolk).. put the patty in the oven to finish off with the cheese melting on it, then the sauces to the top and bottom of the bun in whatever way you desire and then add 1 bacon rasher on the bottom bun then the burger (with brown sauce for me), then the egg.. then the bacon again, and squash it all down and eat it. Then have a heart attack a few minutes later, but at least you die happy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 7 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Turkish Pide, a proper tavuk doner..

But, i am proud of my own creation, the McBastard burger. It's a british beef patty with two rashers of bacon, a fried egg, brown sauce, ketchup and grated mixture of mozzarella/cheddar is optional in a sesame seed bun, lightly toasted.

Cook the patty, bacon and egg (dont break the yolk).. put the patty in the oven to finish off with the cheese melting on it, then the sauces to the top and bottom of the bun in whatever way you desire and then add 1 bacon rasher on the bottom bun then the burger (with brown sauce for me), then the egg.. then the bacon again, and squash it all down and eat it. Then have a heart attack a few minutes later, but at least you die happy.[/b]

That seems FAR too much work just for a burger...

If it's takeaway, Chinese then Indian (not much between though).

Otherwise, Big lump of Welsh Black beef, medium rare (though wanna try venisson) 16oz or something similar (nah not really, quality over quantity, so a nice fillet is always nice, though I have had a 16oz rump before), along with chips, onion rings and salad (for the looks).

Also love a nice shoulder of Welsh lamb (nicer than new zealand etc. cos it's local I suppose, so not frozen etc.), again cooked with a decent pink left with mint sauce and red wine gravy. mmmmmm.

Edit: just realised my overuse of brackets in my posts. hmmm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
That seems FAR too much work just for a burger...[/b]

Well yes, but it is no ordinary burger you eat in 30 seconds. And you know what's in it.. it's a meal, in a bun. Like tonight, i am having ham omelette in muffins. It's different!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 7 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Like tonight, i am having ham omelette in muffins. It's different![/b]

what! ham omelette in a muffin? as in a chocolate/blueberry muffin? probably not, so what's a muffin to you?

Odd, I read recently that "to the British, a muffin isn't necessarily a sweet cupcake, as they are much more accustomed to hearty versions. Over the channel, cheese-, ham- or vegetable muffins aren't an oddity".

I try to enjoy dishes from all over the world, but I don't like sushi. I know many people praise it as the best thing ever to be invented, if I ever want to taste the sea I'll go swimming and take a gulp of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Oct 7 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who has the best food? Personally I like the oriental spices of the sub-continent, and AUSTRALIAN STEAK. :D[/b]

I think the question is subjective

Anyway I put the words every tourist speaks about Georgian "kitchen": "Wow! it's amazing and especially I remember Khinkali and Mcvadi, and of course Georgian wine"

xinkali.jpg
Khinkali

Mcvadi.jpg
Mcvadi

610x.jpg
Georgian wine ;)

Lets Drink ;) ;) ;)

Latest posts