• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

When i'm stoned though, i think my favorite is a huge block of cheese wrapped in a slice of bread drowned in butter. Actually, when i'm stoned, anything tastes a million times better...

It's the same when you're drunk, or atleast on your way there.

in Hatfield square there's this Albanian "restaurant" called Uncle Fuzis where they sell the -most- delicious Schwarmas and chicken burgers I have ever had in my entire life (they also sell everything from baklava to hubbleys). They put on this sort of white cheese topping on all their chicken dishes, don't really know what it is, but it's -gooooooood-

but it's their chicken Schwarma that takes the cake.

I remember that place. I have also had some MEAN McGinty's burgers at the square. Legendary.

mmm McVadi looks braw, i have never had it but it is definitely worthy of a 'da da da da im lovin' it'

Glad I'm not alone on the sushi front :p

I don't like caviare for the same reasons as I dislike sushi, all tastes like seawater to me.
I like paella, especially if my dad's cooking, he cooks the best spanish food ever XD His tortilla (the omelet type, not the Mexican bread type) got several people hooked.

I like several kinds of fish (not so when I was little, I only ate fishsticks back then) and I love shrimps and other crustaceans, but I can't bring myself to eat mussels or clams or things like that. The texture alone sends me hurling.

What I dislike is people pronouncing paella as if there's a y sound between the a and the e (Thomas will understand if I spell it "Pajella).

Lekso, the thing you call Doner is called both pita and kebab here :p
The second image (what is called Doner in Georgia) is called Durum here XD I like both Pita and Durum, I prefer it with chicken though.

When it comes to cooking myself, the most complicated meal I ever cooked was in August, made the bread, made the soup, made the champagne sorbet, prepared dessert and two kinds of puree with chicken and sauce. Needless to say I spent half a day in the kitchen. I'll only ever do such a thing again for a special occasion. This was one though XD
I think there's a trend nowadays that everyone needs to be able to cook all sorts of complicated dishes, mostly influenced by cooking programs on television, and still there are people who wouldn't know how long to boil a soft boiled egg.
Lasagna's way easier XD

I love a good fat greasy pizza.

Steak and chips is one of my favourite dinners

will eat anything, just as long as its food and theres heaps on the plate

indian food is the best overseas food

btw whats AUstralia food to you people overseas??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Oct 9 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love a good fat greasy pizza.

Steak and chips is one of my favourite dinners

will eat anything, just as long as its food and theres heaps on the plate

indian food is the best overseas food

btw whats AUstralia food to you people overseas??[/b]

Is there such a thing ? :p

You will also enjoy Adjara bakery here in Georgia

I ador this one made up of cheese and several amazing ingredients

suphra.jpg

Lekso, the thing you call Doner is called both pita and kebab here :p
The second image (what is called Doner in Georgia) is called Durum here XD I like both Pita and Durum, I prefer it with chicken though.

Yes different places with different names :D

I like all the tasty food!!!!!!!!!!

Hungarians cook cool

Hungary's renowned for it's cooking I believe. And for their national vegetable, I don't know if anyone else has a national vegetable? Not sure if Paprika is the official national vegetable either for that matter.

Lekso,

suphra.jpg

this is also known as the turkish 'pide' i spoke about. Georgia is very close to Turkey and it think it is a national variation. It is just a variation of a pizza.

In Turkey, it is a mixture of sheep meat (to use your name) with finely chopped general vegetables, tomato, red peppers and fillers such as aubergine which is all mixed together to make this mixed vegetable and sheep meat mince. The dough and even the shape is identical to what you have in that photo. It is oval and cooked in a large stone oven which is the traditional way. It can be served with cheese, which is also variable according to the regional tradition and often has an egg cracked over the mince while it is cooked.

It is served sliced into small rectangle slices. What is the name for this in georgia, lekso?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
And for their national vegetable, I don't know if anyone else has a national vegetable?[/b]

@ Laetca.. For England, it's Johnny Vegas. But joking aside, Wales has a national vegetable, which is the Leek.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 9 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lekso,

suphra.jpg

this is also known as the turkish 'pide' i spoke about. Georgia is very close to Turkey and it think it is a national variation. It is just a variation of a pizza.

In Turkey, it is a mixture of sheep meat (to use your name) with finely chopped general vegetables, tomato, red peppers and fillers such as aubergine which is all mixed together to make this mixed vegetable and sheep meat mince. The dough and even the shape is identical to what you have in that photo. It is oval and cooked in a large stone oven which is the traditional way. It can be served with cheese, which is also variable according to the regional tradition and often has an egg cracked over the mince while it is cooked.

It is served sliced into small rectangle slices. What is the name for this in georgia, lekso?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
And for their national vegetable, I don't know if anyone else has a national vegetable?[/b]

@ Laetca.. For England, it's Johnny Vegas. But joking aside, Wales has a national vegetable, which is the Leek.
[/b][/quote]

which is a very good vegetable if you know how to cook it.

Chicago.

Here's a simple sub sandwich recipe of mine:

What you'll need:

- Sub sandwich style bun

- Chicken breast (cut it yourself at home!)

- Boar's Head mozzarella cheese

- Any type of parmesan cheese will be fine (place on both sides of the bun first)

- Lettuce

- Centrella Traditional Bread Crumbs (or close enough)

- Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy (Red colored top: goes in the breading mix and on top of the cheese)

- Mrs. Dash Garlic (Blue colored top: goes in the breading mix)

- Mrs. Dash Original Blend (Yellow colored top: goes in the breading mix)

- Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic (Dark red colored top: goes in the breading mix)

- McCormick California Style Garlic Salt (Place on the cheese)

- McCormick California Style Garlic Powder (Place on the margarine if making one side garlic bread)

08290fv2.jpg

Other:

I import Bixente Ibarra A.O.C. Piment d'Espelette from Bayonne, France. You can see the packaging in the image above. Adds great flavor to lomo sandwiches!

If you have the opportunity to ever find this or pick one up or have it imported somewhere, you will just replace the Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy with this and use far less garlic.

No garlic bread half for this.

What to do:

First you need fresh chicken breast from a deli. Cut it thin and remove all of the fat, then take the pieces and mix them thoroughly with dozens of spices (listed above). The image below shows what I mix the chicken with. When finished, fry the pieces on a pan in Italian extra virgin olive oil. You don't need much. You only need to cook each side for two or three minutes, basically until white using a medium flame.

08292gm2.jpg

After that you cut open a sub sandwich bun (or whichever you prefer) from your local grocer or bakery. Spread your favorite parmesan cheese on both sides of the bun. Place the chicken pieces nicely to form two layers on the bottom bun. Take two slices of Boar's Head mozzarella cheese and cut them both in 3/4. Take the large pieces of cheese and stick them on each end of the bun on top of the chicken. Then take the two smaller pieces and rip them in half and place them where you please or eat them if not needed.

Add more spices and garlic salt on top of the cheese. You can also make the top part of the bun garlic bread if you want even more flavor, but it adds much more fat to it since you will need to use margarine with the garlic powder.

When satisfied, place the top and bottom parts of the bun into a toaster oven and toast it directly in between the light and dark settings for best quality. Once finished, break out your favorite Lay's Baked Chips. It tastes the best with this and is healthier for you anyway. Add lettuce, tomato, peppers, etc to the sandwich as you please and cut it in half. Enjoy!

I also like the flavor of Goose Island's Orange Cream soda or Live Wire Mountain Dew to go along as a beverage. Anything with citrus flavor will due though, such as a fresh cold Orangina.

To create the Garlic Bread top:

Just spread margarine lightly and then a little garlic powder. That's it.

Enjoy!

To come back on the Paella issue, I know what you mean when you mention the Y sound, just horror fining :D

The thing I also noticed while I was working as a kind of Sous-chef in Belgium and South France was that most people can't cook or hardly cook due to following reasons:

The classic pattern wife/ husband ( my dad is only able to fry fries, make some cassoulet out of a can with it and make an omelet, his partner does most of the cooking :D)

Most people don't find the time when they come back from work to spend an hour or two in the kitchen, also most of them eat a warm dish during their lunch break.

Microwave food and the microwave.

I consider myself a decent mini chef :D as during the time I spent in college we ( my best mate and myself) often cooked for like half our class ( 20 peeps) and during the summer holidays and weekends helping out my uncle who's a chef and working for free in South France in a 4 étoile hotel in the kitchen.

I loved it, that's why I ( when I find the time for it) watch those cooking programs to get some inspiration.

Yesterday it was something I very often made while living in NZ ( Pea pasta) with homemade Schnitzel choice as :D

Sober Mcdonalds is pretty crap.

Have a few cones and its a culinary delight i downed a double quarter pounder and double cheeseburger and large fries tonight i was one happy stoned ******* nothing sooths the munchies like it. B)

*Dullonien died a bit inside*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Oct 9 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hungary's renowned for it's cooking I believe. And for their national vegetable, I don't know if anyone else has a national vegetable? Not sure if Paprika is the official national vegetable either for that matter.[/b]

Belgium has the Brussell Sprout! :lol:

Both a vegetable AND a fast South African full back by the name of Brent!

Latest posts