• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football is better than Rugby - FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.
To a certain degree I agree with you but in saying that these nothing like being controversial or negative about a said topic to get a response wouldn't you agree

The individual who started this whole conversation does make a very valid point even if is by personal opinion anyone care to debate this ??

Urrrrrgggghhhhhh. Can we not, it'll only end up in everyone b*tching at each other again... Seriously 8 pages was enough.
Rugby is rugby, football is football, people can like one, both or neither, who cares? Only time anyone wants to is when they ram their personal preference/dislike down everyone else's throats, a la the OP.

Well I'm not forcing anyone to but I am curious to get people's perspective on this subject

No it's not. (Which is my opinion, and I'd guess also the opinion of 99.99% of the people who sign up for 'The RUGBY forum')
Stop flogging this dead horse.

Well I'm not forcing anyone to but I am curious to get people's perspective on this subject

Troll.

As an Australian, here soccer has always been a sport followed by middle class white kids who grew up with over protective mothers or ethnic kids who hate the local sports culture. When it comes to the mainstream, it's the 'hipster' sport - one followed by guys that don't really like sport, but think saying they like 'futbol' makes them sound clever.

But for most of us it's a dull bloody game and frankly it's for pussies.

Last edited:
No it's not. (Which is my opinion, and I'd guess also the opinion of 99.99% of the people who sign up for 'The RUGBY forum')
Stop flogging this dead horse.

Yeah I do recognise that hence why I'm not bagging your sport I'd prefer it over gridiron any day or golf an so on was just wanting to gage people's point of views on the subject as most took exception to guy coming in here being I hate rugby an fair enough most people would do about anything there passionate about so with that in mind I'm just seeing why people think one or the code is better or just prefer one or the other

Same reason some people like coke over pepsi - they just do.

No need to think about an ultimately subjective subject.

Troll.

As an Australian, here soccer has always been a sport followed by middle class white kids who grew up with over protective mothers or ethnic kids who hate the local sports culture. When it comes to the mainstream, it's the 'hipster' sport - one followed by guys that don't really like sport, but think saying they like 'futbol' makes them sound clever.

But for most of us it's a dull bloody game and frankly it's for pussies.

A.I would agree with you in regards to the mother issue as thats only natural an have witnessed it myself although however later on when a child starts to decide for himself i feel this becomes irrelevant.
B.Ethnic kids i tend to agree but not whole heartedly as some do immerse themselves thoroughly with typical australian culture.
C.mainstream hipster ill disagree as when i was in australia never came across that an it is definitely not happing here (NZ)
D.To be fair with the amount of acting that goes on you cant argue to much with the pussie statment only that people will do ridiculous things when under huge pressure an needing a result
E.what i fail to understand is that rugby is in a decline according to news articles an facts on player numbers which take as you will
F.The a league seams to be going from strength to strength e.g signing some very high profile players
G. league just gets scandal after scandal i don't understand how that sport sustains its popularity
H. AFL seams to always stay in close contention with what i deem as the number 1 sport league yet doesn't expand outside of australia

Do you agree with any of what ive said ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same reason some people like coke over pepsi - they just do.

No need to think about an ultimately subjective subject.

I would say your an analogy is near on perfect but its a little underwhelming considering the vast differences between both sports in every aspect of both

The individual who started this whole conversation does make a very valid point even if is by personal opinion anyone care to debate this ??

we did debate it...for 8 pages...last year...read the the entire thread and you will be well acquainted with people perspective

I thought I'd stick my poster up on this thread if its not up here already..

soccer rugby2.jpg

Last edited:
we did debate it...for 8 pages...last year...read the the entire thread and you will be well acquainted with people perspective

thanks i did but for the most part it was just people being trolls back in fourth very little constructive debate to be fair wouldn't you agree ?

thanks i did but for the most part it was just people being trolls back in fourth very little constructive debate to be fair wouldn't you agree ?

Well as Saints said, the OP was clearly looking for a scrap from his sign in name and that's what he got when others took the bait. I'm not sure if I'd started modding yet or just didn't catch the it right away but I probably would have banned him and closed the thread had I seen that first post. He wasn't here for a disscussion.

Well as Saints said, the OP was clearly looking for a scrap from his sign in name and that's what he got when others took the bait. I'm not sure if I'd started modding yet or just didn't catch the it right away but I probably would have banned him and closed the thread had I seen that first post. He wasn't here for a disscussion.

Yeah i know but to be honest he wanted some sort of argument/debate whatever you want to assume an if he hadn't gone about in a hostel way i don't think people would care to respond like being politically correct would get you far mind you to be honest i myself am acting like that on here for the most part an as stated get far less of a response as the original thread poster

Yeah i know but to be honest he wanted some sort of argument/debate whatever you want to assume an if he hadn't gone about in a hostel way i don't think people would care to respond like being politically correct would get you far mind you to be honest i myself am acting like that on here for the most part an as stated get far less of a response as the original thread poster

Mate, it's blatantly obvious you're the same smart arse that started this thread just coming back to approach it in a less pigheaded way.

As for your experience of Australia - I'm guessing you haven't been here. It's the hipster tosser sport through and through when it comes to people not from or brought up by parents from soccer countries.

Mate, it's blatantly obvious you're the same smart arse that started this thread just coming back to approach it in a less pigheaded way.

As for your experience of Australia - I'm guessing you haven't been here. It's the hipster tosser sport through and through when it comes to people not from or brought up by parents from soccer countries.

I checked the IP addresses and unless he's doing some grade "A" trolling it's a different guy. Rugbyisawful was so over the top I don't think he would even have tried to be less pigheaded. Amazingly we didn't even ban the guy.

No he didn't want a debate(he wanted attention as all trolls do) he had already produced dissmissive "counter arguments", some people did bring legitimate debating points to the table and he simply ignored them. It's not my assumption about what he wanted it's clear from the actions he undertook and the context of his statements made. The evidence is overwhelming that he simply wanted to aggravate the membership something he succeeded in doing.

You probably aren't get much of a response Luigi because no one wanted this awful thread brought up again, it was started in such a "poison the well" type way debate was completely inpossible.

A legitimate debate concerning the pro's and con's of the various sports in good humour might have gone somewhere or at least been less of a complete train wreck.

Last edited:
I checked the IP addresses and unless he's doing some grade "A" trolling it's a different guy. Rugbyisawful was so over the top I don't think he would even have tried to be less pigheaded. Amazingly we didn't even ban the guy.

IP address wouldn't be too hard - could just be doing it at uni or work. Just from the way he's writing it just seems pretty clear that it's him too, as is the fact that he's joined specifically to comment on this thread.

IP address wouldn't be too hard - could just be doing it at uni or work. Just from the way he's writing it just seems pretty clear that it's him too, as is the fact that he's joined specifically to comment on this thread.

Maybe, but from his IP Address it would take a good 18 hour flight between his home computer and his university one ;).

Hahaha fair chop then. Just sounded an awful lot like the bloke who started it. You never know though - could be on holiday!

You must be a very narrow minded individual to think i am the same person i come upon this thread over google whilst i was researching the names of codes an how many people play what sport an what ones are succeeding an so fourth i logged onto this site through my facebook feel free to check me out i am definitely not rugbyisawful i do have a respect for rugby as it is played by not one nation you guys for the most part aren't like ignorant americans where they believe everything they say do is end of story so much self righteous its not funny i do have numerous friends who play it an bleed it through an through i was just on her to see if my assumptions were correct that there is the odd one eyed individual such as your self an then there is others that are accepting an don't mind having a yarn about what sport they prefer an why an so on dont get tunnel vision on me an my queries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts