• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

I get it. My comment might not apply to all audiences, granted, but my guess is it will have quite an impact on a few no-so-tiny niches.

Say you are a parent, in Europe, you love rugby, you bring your kid to the club week in week out and you were planning to take your u16 son/daughter to the world cup, their first. All excited about it, bells, whistles, the lot.
Well, I am pretty sure more than one of those will reconsider. Say you were planning on taking the misses with you. Same.

The images were appalling. I am not a stranger to getting mugged, robbed, beaten at a stadium. I understand the risks. But i saw something else here. Again, the videos were heartbreaking. This were not prima donna's complaining that the riesling served was not chilled properly and it didn't pair well with the beluga. No. These were people who go to the stadium every single week, not hooligans, but people who are used to crowds, know what the signs of danger are and how to avoid them. These same people are now crying on national tele because of what happened. Either all liverpool fans suddenly transformed into snowflakes or this was something else. I am inclined to believe it's the latter.

I know 5/10 people relatively close to me for which this alone made them change their decision to go to the WC.
Anecdotal evidence, i know. Stil..
Yeah I don't neccisaroly disagree, and I believe what you say but perhaps disagree on the amount of people that will not go as a result of this, but I'm just a clueless as you on this so will have to wait and see I suppose. Hopefully it won't put off too many.

Suspect should have lost to Ukraine so they could go to the WC instead? But this isn't Eurovision. 😆
I assumed it was some kind of joke but wasn't sure if my lack of football knowledge meant I was missing the punchline.

Got to feel a bit more for Ukraine than you usually would for an opponent in this scenario but this ain't no charity. Better team on the night won and fancy Wales to maybe get out of the group (assuming it s top 2 that qualify?)

Gonna jinx the women's team. 🤔.

Still, hope they do it and get to the final and win it.

Did the government ever say officially if there would have been a bank holiday if the men won in 2020?

Tbh I'm not fussed either way. However, it does seem that the government was considering ot for the men but has ruled it out for the women which quite simply is sexism.

Tbh I'm not fussed either way. However, it does seem that the government was considering ot for the men but has ruled it out for the women which quite simply is sexism.
Or they've looked at their established precedent and realized they already did the work once and can just stick with the original decision.

Latest posts