• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

BBC commentary full of people saying how an all English final showed how superior English football is. Spoke too soon.

My wish for ET came true. Now to stretch to penalties.

And just as I said Benzema was anonymous. :rolleyes:

Come on City equalise. Want pens. But if they lose then lose at the weekend as well.

Didn't even play the full 3 mins of additional time. Should have been longer.

Real won't be easy in the final. Got a great bench.

Liverpool will and should be favourites for the final but this RM team don't know when they're beaten. Would be great to see them get it.
I see it as 50/50 really. Both have great benches to change the game and neither team don't know when beaten.

This is also the 3rd European cup/CL final between them IIRC - first one was also in Paris and Liverpool won that one 1-0. Hopefully that is a good omen.

Just hoping now City implode in the league.

Think Pep has to take responsibility for this one. Not sure bringing on Gundogan and Fernandinho for De Bruyne and Rodri helped. Think he tried to shut up shop and protect the 1-0 lead and it backfired.

Missed so many chances in that first leg as well. And also Grealish at 1-0 to make it 2.

Liverpool will and should be favourites for the final but this RM team don't know when they're beaten. Would be great to see them get it.
Spanish journalist on bbc 5 live made a good point that Real have now wrapped up La Liga and have 3 weeks to prepare for this. So gives them the edge in terms of going in fresher.

Liverpool have so many important games between now and final/ including FA cup final. Klopp rotating the midfield and full backs to keep 'em fresh will be key.

Getting my excuses in early if doesn't materialise.:p But Quadruple would be insane, but wouldn't be at all surprised if fall short. Just having the opportunity to go for all 4 is what most Liverpool fans are happy about.

For me the big issue for Liverpool is the league. It's out of their hands and they really needed to beat City a few weeks back. Hard to see where city slip up, especially as it's their only trophy now. Possibly Wolves or West Ham away, but unlikely. Finals are tough too, but at least they still have a say in those.

For me the big issue for Liverpool is the league. It's out of their hands and they really needed to beat City a few weeks back. Hard to see where city slip up, especially as it's their only trophy now. Possibly Wolves or West Ham away, but unlikely. Finals are tough too, but at least they still have a say in those.
Just hoping for a let down somewhere after the disappointment yesterday. But yes, out of their hands really.

I think tonight's game between West Ham and Frankfurt will be key for City. If West Ham win and reach the Europa final then City should have an easier game at the London stadium as West Ham will be resting players as they prioritise the Europa final. If West Ham get knocked out tonight then their focus turns to the league and they will give City a game in two weeks time. Wolves have fallen off a cliff and I think City should beat them easily.

Latest posts