• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

And Bale retires from club and international football. Who will Wales rely on now?
Hell of a talent, but as much as he achieved still a lot of could've / should've been.

Fair play to him though for his commitment to the Welsh national team.

I get under the law how it's a goal but how a sport can require defenders to guard players in an offside position is insane. It's the same thing as defenders touching balls played to offside players. As soon as it's hit to the offside player it should be an offense.

I get under the law how it's a goal but how a sport can require defenders to guard players in an offside position is insane. It's the same thing as defenders touching balls played to offside players. As soon as it's hit to the offside player it should be an offense.
As one wise man said to me once. If he's not interfering with play what is he doing on the pitch?

They really need to justify the opposition to a temporary concussion sub as it makes no sense. Taking a big risk in an age of law suits for long term health issues from concussions.

If there was ever proof that there is is too much money in football, it's this. Especially when people across the country are struggling, football just milks people.
I agree but this is just capitalism isn't it. The market is the market. It wouldn't be like that if people weren't willing to spend the kind of money they do.

I agree but this is just capitalism isn't it. The market is the market. It wouldn't be like that if people weren't willing to spend the kind of money they do.
True, but the government is happy to put limits on other markets for what they can charge. I know it's slightly different and if football fans choose to waste their money that's their choice. Doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculous.

I remember seeing a documentary about the players who went on strike to have the wage cap abolished. Gary Neville (yeah always get **** from his mouth) said, "These were the players who put their lives on the line to give us the wages we have today." Seriously WTF... I honestly don't think they live in the real world once they start earning that money.

True, but the government is happy to put limits on other markets for what they can charge. I know it's slightly different and if football fans choose to waste their money that's their choice. Doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculous.

I remember seeing a documentary about the players who went on strike to have the wage cap abolished. Gary Neville (yeah always get **** from his mouth) said, "These were the players who put their lives on the line to give us the wages we have today." Seriously WTF... I honestly don't think they live in the real world once they start earning that money.
The wage cap was 20 pounds a week. How can you say the players weren't right to strike against that? Should the owners just have been pocketing the money?

Idk how chelsea's spending is going to fit into ffp. Unless teams have been making a lot more money and have been nowhere near the limit.

This Govt is about to lift the cap on bankers bonuses and so it's easy to see what their stance would be on players' salaries.

There is still one day left. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea sell Connor Gallagher for £40-50m and Jorginho is already being lined up by Arsenal. This will help with FFP. Also I'm sure there must be ways to structure contracts in order to get around FFP rules.

The wage cap was 20 pounds a week. How can you say the players weren't right to strike against that? Should the owners just have been pocketing the money?

Idk how chelsea's spending is going to fit into ffp. Unless teams have been making a lot more money and have been nowhere near the limit.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the players didn't deserve a fair wage. But hundreds of thousands a week?

If there was ever proof that there is is too much money in football, it's this. Especially when people across the country are struggling, football just milks people.
Yep, just a different universe now. Just a sign of how unequal our world is. Was watching "United" on Netflix and reminded of a completely different time when footballers used to sit in cinemas with the locals and watch the news with them, live with land ladies before they got married.
There is still one day left. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea sell Connor Gallagher for £40-50m and Jorginho is already being lined up by Arsenal. This will help with FFP. Also I'm sure there must be ways to structure contracts in order to get around FFP rules.
yeh they'll no doubt amortise the cost of the contract over a very long contact period to get around the FFP rules, like they did with Mudryk . I read somewhere that UEFA were looking to clamp down on this though. Hope they do.

Latest posts