• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Quite enjoying the final so far. Properly competitive.

Didn't really pay much attention to women's football until I saw Millie Bright in my local Sainsbury's. Not that I had a clue who she was, but the numbered Chelsea training kit made it pretty easy to work out.

Yissss!!!

Now hold onto it for the next 10 mins plus injury time.

Lionesses!

But is there any chance one of our teams could actually win something in normal time….1966, 2003, 2019 and now this.

Something dusty in my living room. Think it's fair to say after the 80's, 90's & 00's didn't think I'd see any England football team actually win a tournament.

Lionesses!

But is there any chance one of our teams could actually win something in normal time….1966, 2003, 2019 and now this.
Sadly have to be that guy the rugby and cricket women's teams managed to do it without extra time.

But fair play to the Football team keeping the proper tradition up ;)

Congrats england. Usually I root for you guys in sport but your continued choking is just good content. Plus I'm from a German speaking town.

Anyway it was a great game.

I think someone (Tigs ?) asked about about audience figs compared to Euro 20 final.
17.4m versus c31.3m peak for the men's final last year. Read into what you will.

I think someone (Tigs ?) asked about about audience figs compared to Euro 20 final.
17.4m versus c31.3m peak for the men's final last year. Read into what you will.
Up from 4m in 2017 (semi final, but closest thing to compare to) is the better metric to compare it against

Up from 4m in 2017 (semi final, but closest thing to compare to) is the better metric to compare it against

Wow that is an astonishing jump in peak audience.

Yeh always unfair to compare audience figures to the men's final.

But… does this show football is still king in this country? Or not comparable because it was 19 years ago and in the morning and even that audience was apparently just shy of the England v Brazil Qf World Cup football the year before (in SK/Japan).

Just seen my niece (shes 11) was on local ITV news this evening for all of 10 seconds saying why she enjoys football and if she wants to play more.

Which is what all last night was about in reality.

Really hope she doesn't take up football though she's apparently quite a good Cricketer, which a far better sport and I have no interest in feigning liking football ;)

In terms of tv numbers I think the men's you had plenty of people who don't normally watch football tuning in, where as for the women's final first you would have had people who normally watch the men's tuning in for the first time. Tbh while it's great numbers regardless the question is can they build on it.

The American Messi outworked Chelsea and scored one of the most embarrassing goals I've seen in any sport.

Latest posts