• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Bad day. Don't know what VVD was doing. Had a great chance. Mini run over. Hope Forest stay in the PL.

Bad day. Don't know what VVD was doing. Had a great chance. Mini run over. Hope Forest stay in the PL.
Yeh, losing Thiago just before the match didn't help either.

Lot of issues with the team this season:

- A hangover from playing so many games and mentally going so close to winning the quadruple last season

- shortened pre-season because of World Cup has led to many injuries.

- not bulking up an aging midfield in the summer (losing out on Tchouameni to Real and not having a back up buy(s)). Not playing in CL next season won't get either De Jong or Bellingham.

Young players like Carvalho, Elliot, Jones will take time to find their place in the team.

- losing Mane has changed the the front 3. Nunez will take time to settle. To top that off now with Injuries to Diaz and Jota.

- inconsistent form of key players especially VVD (he was superb v City, but not yesterday) . Salah as well. Great against City but pretty anonymous at times v West Ham and yesterday.
Playing African Nations cup hasn't helped him either.

Klopp's high pressing style doesn't lend itself to season after season consistency if certain parts of the team are not totally functioning as we saw two seasons ago post ***le winning season.

And now the World Cup which won't help.

Hence why I think this one, again I'll be happy with a top 4 finish, especially as likes of Arsenal have improved and City look like they'll end up winning again.

Defo need a few key January signings.

Ted lasso
Medford Messi
Tyler adams
Ganatto
Summerville
French goalkeeper
A team with no strikers
A team with no defenders

Not surprised at this. Ten Hag wanting to play a high line and press higher up the pitch and McGuire's lack of pace is really telling and doesn't suit this.

Why I think he's gotten a lot of flak as it's really telling at the top level and why it's baffling why Southgate is so loyal to him.

My alma mater San Jose State University will play the Cal Baptist University Lancers in the Western Athletic Conference Men's Soccer Tournament Final on November 13 @ Cal Baptist in Riverside, California. It's the first final appearance for both teams. ⚽ Go Spartans!

Last edited:
My alma mater San Jose State University will play the Cal Baptist University Lancers in the Western Athletic Conference Men's Soccer Tournament Final on November 13 @ Cal Baptist in Riverside, California. It's the first final appearance for both teams. ⚽ Go Spartans!

The match went to penalty kicks, and my Spartans came up short. So the Lancers advance to the NCAA Men's Soccer Tournament. ⚽ Kudos CBU.

****** off Man U fans. Can't help but think he timed it on purpose to exit before WC to leave in January.
Nice one Toney.

wonder if that is one of the reasons why Southgate didn't select him.

Man Utd confirm Ronaldo leaving with immediate effect. Guess he got what he wanted after that interview.

Great player in his prime but always put himself and his own personal accolades before the team which will tarnish his legacy IMO.

Yeh no surprise. It's what he wants anyway. I read that Real don't want him either.

Edit: Confirmed it's by mutual consent.

And Glaziers looking sell all or part of Man U. Looks like like Liverpool's owners they want to cash in on the weak pound. Also likely any tax will be higher in April.

Latest posts