• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

I fancy Madrid on pens i think.
Me too. 🤞Even though Real pipped Liverpool last year and got Tchouaméni whom Klopp really wanted and now looks like getting Bellingham.

But yes all this oil money is creating a lot of jealousy from other clubs. Can't see anyone laying a finger on City in the premiership for a while. No other squad can compete with them.

I follow West Ham, who were always a similar level to City, Newcastle etc. Then the money came in and i wonder what could have been..........
I fancy Madrid on pens i think.

Big game for the hammers tomorrow night. A Euro final/trophy would put a silver lining on a poor season in the league.

Big game for the hammers tomorrow night. A Euro final/trophy would put a silver lining on a poor season in the league.
Definitely Thursday cup games have killed us this season. Not massively confident for tomorrow tbh. Losing Rice won't be great either. I'm a typically pessimist WHUFC fan really. Oh well 'up the irons' lol.

Sad to say but I don't think Rice is worth the £100m West Ham are asking. but then neither do I think Bellingham is worth £130m.

Definitely Thursday cup games have killed us this season. Not massively confident for tomorrow tbh. Losing Rice won't be great either. I'm a typically pessimist WHUFC fan really. Oh well 'up the irons' lol.

I have a feeling West Ham will get through. Moyes seems to have delivered in all the so called must win games. Alkmaar have to try and score to level the tie which should create space to hit them on the counter. Antonio, Bowen and co need to be on song though.

Yeh I see AZ fans took out their frustrations it at their families afterwards.
Again showing anyone who thinks hooliganism and racism are gone in football, that they are completely deluded. In fact very little progress has been made at all.

Again showing anyone who thinks hooliganism and racism are gone in football, that they are completely deluded. In fact very little progress has been made at all.
Better than the 1980s which is what ultimately led to the tragedy of Hillsborough because of the attitude of police towards fans and how stadia were designed back then. So much better in this country.

Don't know for sure but I suspect a lot of fights are now more organised and well away from stadia. You just don't hear it because it's between fans that want to fight each other.

Racism - yes it'll always exist as long as ignorance exists.

Glad Southgate is indicating he will get dropped. I don't understand how he can still pick him. Other more deserving cases like Dunk. Even Shaw in that position.

Kalvin Phillips is another one. Why is he even considered when he's barely feature for City?

I like how he's indicated TAA May play midfield. England need pivots who can pass and control the tempo of the game. I'd like to see him and Stones play as a double pivot on possession. Push Jude and Declan further forward to form a box midfield like City and Liverpool play. So in possession 3-2-4-1 and out of possession 4-3-3.

After Sterling dropped but unless he has miraculous turn around in form for Chelsea that may be his England career over given the depth In that position.

v Malta and NM would like to see a starting XI

Ramsdale

Walker
Stones
Dunk
Shaw

TAA
Rice
Bellingham

Saka
Kane
Grealish or Rashford despite his rendezvous to NYC last qualifiers.

Even Pep is not optimistic racism will change in Spain.
Of course not. You're not going to change people's beliefs overnight. You have to chip away at it slowly. That's the mistake the English authorities have made. Just because you don't see it as blatantly doesn't mean it's still not there.

Of course not. You're not going to change people's beliefs overnight. You have to chip away at it slowly. That's the mistake the English authorities have made. Just because you don't see it as blatantly doesn't mean it's still not there.
Yep, as John Barnes says you won't change racism in football until you change it in society. And it'll always exist on some level. Better here than in Spain but all relative really. Barnes had bananas thrown at him in the 80s, Son Heung Min slitty eye gestures. But it's normalised in La Liga and Serie A more IMO.

Bye bye Leeds and Leicester. Sam Allardyce proving once again he's not the messiah; just has a big mouth.

monty python GIF

Latest posts