• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

yeh don't agree. Fergie would be far worse and intimidate refs.
Can you think of any current day managers?

Ferguson wasn't great but went about it in a different way to Klopp

The only person I would say who was on par with Klopp this season (or close to) in terms of being an absolute tool, was Arteta.

The authorities are weak is **** and have allowed certain managers to behave like tools on the touchline. I think they probably thought having a technical area for managers to gesticulate etc. would add to the 'entertainment' but it has clearly come at a cost.

They should have dished out lengthy touchline bans to any manager showing any sort of dissent to the officials long ago. Maybe even put a recording device on the fourth official and ban managers retrospectively if they were out of line after reviewing evidence retrospectively. They're far too soft on dissent in football - that applies to both players and managers.

Can you think of any current day managers?

Ferguson wasn't great but went about it in a different way to Klopp

The only person I would say who was on par with Klopp this season (or close to) in terms of being an absolute tool, was Arteta.
I don't know. I don't really watch the manager's interviews much these days or keep an eye on them on the touchline until they get carded. I am biased of course with Klopp. Just think you are getting a bit OTT with it with your dislike of him and singling him out. But that's your right to have an opinion to dislike him.

The likes of Arteta and Howe are young managers. They have had a rare sniff of success. Sure the latter can come across well, but let's see how he is on the touchline etc next season when the pressure is on. These managers are human and yes their emotions overspill when decisions don't go their way. Doesn't mean they have to be liked by everyone and they are rightly punished when they overstep the mark.

Southgate comes across very well in interviews etc but can also throw a strop on the touchline when big decisions don't go his way. I also think post World Cup there was a element of manipulation of the media and fans to get him to stay because of the way he was treated at Molineux. He probably was going to anyway. Where else was he going to go, knowing what a good group of players he has?

Makes me think why Southgate couldn't do the same. Got England to the final of the Euros and semis and QFs of 2 WCs. But he didn't have top level managerial experience either. Maradona was an awful manager for Argentina, so Scaloni has the last laugh.

Current day prem managers I meant but I would've definitely accepted your answer had he still been in England. Klopp and Mourinho are as bad as each other.
Klopp does swear abuse at referees like that after matches. Mourinho is a sore loser.

Klopp does swear abuse at referees like that after matches. Mourinho is a sore loser.
They're both sore losers. Actually Klopp is worse in the sense that, as he's shown this year, he's also a sore winner. He's repeatedly called out refs over the years and gets far far more animated than Mourinho did on that video. Mourinho is a **** though for sure.

They're both sore losers. Actually Klopp is worse in the sense that, as he's shown this year, he's also a sore winner. He's repeatedly called out refs over the years and gets far far more animated than Mourinho did on that video. Mourinho is a **** though for sure.
Mourinho is definitely worse. The special
One no longer. Who sets their own fans on the referee and his family. Certainly not Klopp.

Still not sold on Messi. Sounds a lot like Miami announcing they won an election before the votes have been counted.

If apple and adidas really are paying him to come here I won't be happy, won't be good for the league.

Still not sold on Messi. Sounds a lot like Miami announcing they won an election before the votes have been counted.

If apple and adidas really are paying him to come here I won't be happy, won't be good for the league.
Wouldn't be surprised if he is being given part ownership in the club to go there. Aren't Inter Miami doing **** in MLS atm and also need to move stadium?

And yeh am sure massive endorsements from apple and adidas to help sweeten the deal.

Well done to West Ham for winning the Europa Conference league final. But come on Sullivan is having a giraffe asking for £100m for Declan. He's not that good. Same age as Mac Allister, who is a World Cup winner and he signed for £35m going up to £55m. £45m premium for being English?

Wouldn't be surprised if he is being given part ownership in the club to go there. Aren't Inter Miami doing **** in MLS atm and also need to move stadium?

And yeh am sure massive endorsements from apple and adidas to help sweeten the deal.
I heard on ESPN yesterday that Messi owns a home in Miami and his wife wants to live there instead of just visiting on occasion. Their Miami correspondent also mentioned the part ownership aspect and endorsement deals that you did. Were getting a MLS team here in San Diego in 2025. And we've got a new stadium (less than a year old). It seats 35,000 and is expandable to 55,000. I've been there to watch the San Diego Legion of Major League rugby play. It's very nice! 👍

1686250420897.png

Last edited:
Well done to West Ham for winning the Europa Conference league final. But come on Sullivan is having a giraffe asking for £100m for Declan. He's not that good. Same age as Mac Allister, who is a World Cup winner and he signed for £35m going up to £55m. £45m premium for being English?
That's not how player valuations work though is it. A player is worth what another club is prepared to pay for them, and buying English players means certain clubs can spend their foreign dollar without having to worry about their academies actually producing any home made talent.

All my life as a West Ham fan i have never seen them win anything. I am absolutely made up seeing then win something. Seeing Bobby Moore's daughter at the parade was class as well. COYI's

Latest posts