• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

CL final is also being played at Atletico's and not at the Bernabéu. Crazy as it's only a 68,000 compared to 80,000 at Real's stadium. 16600 tickets each for Liverpool and spurs fans, 4000 already sold to fans worldwide, which means 31000 will be made up of the Prawn Sandwich brigade.

So many tickets for any sport final will find way to fans at inflated prices.
Wendyball no different to egg chasing.
Venues decided A year + in advance.
It's always only final teams that will always hate.
Do we just rotate around 4to 6 easy to reach places or expand.
No one will be happy whatever.
If the rugby Rugby championship rotated around Cardiff Edinburgh Paris Dublin Twickenham it would become and was boring.
I personally like diversity.
Not that as a Saints I worry to much about euro finals

Thousands of empty seats in Baku and the few fans are miles from the pitch.

Crap atmosphere, makes Kingston Park on a wet Friday look appealing.

Terrible decision to hold a European final there.

Still I'm sure Mr & Mrs Blazer are having a good time in their boxes with bubbly and prawn sandwiches aplenty.

Thousands of empty seats in Baku and the few fans are miles from the pitch.

Crap atmosphere, makes Kingston Park on a wet Friday look appealing.

Terrible decision to hold a European final there.

Still I'm sure Mr & Mrs Blazer are having a good time in their boxes with bubbly and prawn sandwiches aplenty.
In fairness even the sponsors were giving back tickets. Whole thing is embarrassing.

Massive game tonight between Liverpool and Spurs, but very sad to hear about death of Reyes https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48483157
Am sure there'll be a minutes applause for the ex-Arsenal man before the game.

Very sad - he was an electric player with a lot of ability. For some reason I thought he was older than 35 but I guess Arsenal did sign him when he was young.

Well Sissoko had his right arm up and then when Mane played the ball through Sissoko moved it down towards the ball and blocked it getting through. Stone wall penalty for me.
Agree that it was a pen, think Spurs were unlucky though.

Fair call but a harsh rule all the same. No cynicism in that from Sissoko.
Sums it up for me, going off the way it's been reffed this season it's always a penalty but I wouldn't agree with the rule at all.

Liverpool letting Spurs have the ball too much. Not been very fluid in their passing since scoring the first goal.

Dull final, but no matter: European Champions for a 6th time.

Conditions didn't help. It looked like a Sauna out there. Even with 2 weeks to prepare at the end of a long exhausting season. Not going to remember that final for the quality, but glad Liverpool came away with the biggest prize in club football after losing the ***le by 1 point.

Last edited:
favourite moment
D7_-BhGXYAAQ-GF.jpg:large

Heading from a load of scrotes from Bray how great it was that "we" won this makes it even more sour.... Through no fault of their own I detest Liverpool.

Latest posts