• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Force v Lions

T

The TRUTH

Lions_copy.jpg

Both teams coming off huge upset wins against two of the big boys of Super Rugby, this match should be a cracker.

There's a good chance that both teams first choice #10's Hilgendorf and Pretorius will be back for this one. New Lions signing Jacques Cronje is a decent chance of playing ,but they are likely to be without the services of injured players Cobus Grobler and Jannie Boshoff.

The Force have no injury concerns (that i'm aware of) , Fava and Hilgendorf should be the only changes from last weeks team.

Hopefully i'll be there (if my mate comes through with the tickets)........ GO FORCE!!!!!!!!!

Force are coming right after the dogs ******** of a game in opening round, should dipatch the lions...

I'll be going to the game. If I can remember to bring along my digital camera, I'll take a few snaps and put them on the forum.

Could be a very interesting game, especially if both first-choice flyhalves makes it to the starting line-up.

These 2 teams are definately the big surprise packages of this year`s comp, so it should be a hum-dinger. The Force certainly has the edge in the line-outs, and should also have the pace out wide, while the young Lions pack has surprised friend and foe alike this year, and should have the edge in the scrums and the rucks/mauls.

Overall I think it could be a very close game, with home-ground advantage helping the Force to a narrow win- even though this Lions side is improving rapidly, I have to think that they`re still too young to shake off the travel bogey.

Could be a very interesting game, especially if both first-choice flyhalves makes it to the starting line-up.

These 2 teams are definately the big surprise packages of this year`s comp, so it should be a hum-dinger. The Force certainly has the edge in the line-outs, and should also have the pace out wide, while the young Lions pack has surprised friend and foe alike this year, and should have the edge in the scrums and the rucks/mauls.

Overall I think it could be a very close game, with home-ground advantage helping the Force to a narrow win- even though this Lions side is improving rapidly, I have to think that they`re still too young to shake off the travel bogey.
[/b]

Force by 10. It will be very hard to beat them now after that morale-boosting wins in SA.

Lions line-up:

15- Louis Ludik
14- Wylie Human
13- Jacque Fourie
12- Doppies La Grange
11- Jaco Pretorius
10- Loius Strydom
9- Jano Vermaak
8- Willem Alberts
7- Ernst Joubert
6- Cobus Grobbelaar
5- Gordon Gilfillian
4- Anton van Zyl
3- Bertus Smit
2- Ettiene Reynecke
1- Brian Mujati

Reserves:
16- Willie Wepener
17- Heinke vd Merwe
18- Frans vd Merwe
19- Jacques Cronje
20- Ricky January
21- Andre Pretorius
22- Earl Rose/Jaco van Schalkwyk

Bit of use of the squad system this time around by Loffie Eloff, with Heinke vd Merwe and Varkhond Grobbelaar rested from the starting line-up, and 1st-choice no12 Doppies La Grange returning at 12, with Fourie moving to his preferred position of 13, and Jaco Pretorius to the wing.

Pretty handy side, the big question being whether this young Lions side will be able to throw away the bad traveller`s tag. A lot of Super 14 touring virgins in the squad, might just be a bridge too far for them, especially considering the Force`s morale-boosting haul of wins on their SA leg of the tour.

So f***ing ****** off atm.

Talk about dumb football. You'd think they learnt from last year to hang on to the ball after shepherd nailed the penalty, but nah.
Gits f***ing kicks the ball away and it didnt even find bloody touch. Why the bloody hell mitchell didnt sub henjack off has me absolutely f***ed?!?!?! By the end of the game he wasnt keeping up with the pace and we found gits playing scrum half and henjack as 1st receiver. Throw hilgendorf or oyoung in for f***s sake.
Once again im reminded how much of a bum Fava is. Mitchell craps on about not changing the winning formula but pulls brown off 8 and puts the alcoholic bum back in.
Bloody dumb! DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!DUMB!
Theres more to whinge about but at this rate theres gonna be damage to my keyboard.

Seeing as im not a coach can i just say how bloody awful the refereeing was. Can we see some consistencey with ur bloody officiating you kunts!! 2 crooked scrum feeds in a row called on gits followed by a just as crooked feed by the lions which didnt get penalized. And that final penalty on henjack was a bunch of ****.
the lions were hard done by at times as well but not at times which were turning points.

never the less congratulations to the lions cos the force definitely didnt deserve the win.

Great win by the lions and best of all i tipped them to win. :D :cheers: :bana:

The Force only have themselves to blame for that loss. Ill discipline cost the Force that match.

Congrats to the Lions for an excellent result- geez, them Lions youngsters are really maturing very rapidly in this competition.

To put this performance into perspective, this is the 1st win in Australia by the Cats/Lions franchise for 10 years- and they`ve achieved it with only 1 first-choice Bok in the starting line-up. The majority of this team is still under-23`s, a really impressive start to their touring campaign for the Lions.

Andre Pretorius` return also inspired a lot of confidence- his composure in the last 10 minutes certainly did a lot to pull the result through for the Lions.

Considering the way that they`ve won 3 out of their 1st 4 games, this is a huge feather in the cap for their new coach Eugene Eloff, and methinks that the Lions are the real surprise package of this year`s comp.

I'll be going to the game. If I can remember to bring along my digital camera, I'll take a few snaps and put them on the forum.
[/b]

As you can guess by now I forgot to bring the camera.

But I will try and remember for the Force v Sharks game on March 30.